ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help on lost documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Indus
Newly Registered

Need help on lost documents

Post by Indus » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:15 pm

Hello guys,
i have posted on the same subject few days back.This is regarding the loss of my documents via royal mail.

I was advised to request the Homeoffice for stamped photocopies of the documents to be sent to my address so that i can go for EC.
I made a complaint to the complaints section and even after 7 weeks they are still investigating.

unfortunately, the home office said that they are not responsible for loss of documents and cannot help on this issue according to the rules.
it has been almost 4 and half months since the decsion been made and my application might expire in 6 months.

I have had loss of money,time and most importantly documents.

can somebody give some feedback on my situation?

Thanks.

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:34 pm

Hi Indus,

I am not sure if you understood my suggestion correctly.

You were supposed to request home office for the copies and arrange for a courier to pick them up from home office in case they complied.

I do not think they would do you a favor and also pay for it.

Anyways, good luck with this pal.

Regards

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:54 pm

If you have not already done so, given that time is getting short, perhaps you should ask the HSMP team to re-issue the approval letter (the twelve-week waiting period has long elapsed), and then obtain duplicates of your payslips, degree certificates, birth certificate, etc. from your employer, university, and registrar respectively. That way, you will have everything you need for entry clearance. At any rate, your complaint is largely immaterial at this point, since that process was never likely to restore your documents to you in time, if ever.
AG

Indus
Newly Registered

Post by Indus » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:43 am

thanks HSMP Pune and Gordon for ur feedback.

@HSMP Pune: i requested the home office by FAX to send me the photocopies set and i also mentioned abt the courier pickup.
sadly,they didnt oblige.They said,the complaint is under process so i will have to wait.Frustratingly,it is taking way too long.
one last time,i will try to request them by phone.TY.

@Gordon: I am in the process of obtaining the duplicates from my university abroad.i managed pay slips.obtaining drivers license,birth certificate is long n tedious process for me.Im living outside my hometown.thankyou for the advice.