ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

8 months contract- first employer can I move?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pato11
Newly Registered

8 months contract- first employer can I move?

Post by pato11 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:52 am

Hi,

I have a job offer from a company in Ireland. It's a contract for only 8 months and not sure if they will renew my contract.
Is it easy to find another job?
and if they didn't renew my contract will I be considered a redundant employee and can move to another employer or getting some time to find another employer?
it's my first time to be in Ireland and it's 8 months contract I don't know if I can move to another employer if I found one before spend 12 months with the first one

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 8 months contract- first employer can I move?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:56 am

What is your nationality or what visa are you going to Ireland on?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pato11
Newly Registered

Post by pato11 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:09 pm

I need a visa to enter Ireland and the company has submitted my application for general employment work permit but still waiting the permit in order to apply for a visa.

I'm Lebanese

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:18 pm

You would only be able to stay for as long as your work visa/permit is valid for and sponsored for.

Whether you can find another job (if your visa allows) or not depends on your skills etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pato11
Newly Registered

Post by pato11 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:38 pm

CR001 wrote:You would only be able to stay for as long as your work visa/permit is valid for and sponsored for.

Whether you can find another job (if your visa allows) or not depends on your skills etc.
thank you very much indeed for your help.

so if my work permit for 2 years i can stay 2 years even if i worked only 8 months for the company?
or i will have to leave right away after the 8 months?

i will wait the work permit to see how long is it in order to take a decision to relocate or not if it's not possible to stay more than 8 months