ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1G - ILR Success on 13June..Cardiff PEO..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amiya

Tier 1G - ILR Success on 13June..Cardiff PEO..

Post by Amiya » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:14 pm

Hello..

I was on Tier 1G and got my ILR approved today at cardiff PEO after completion of 5yrs.

I would like to thank all the advisers(Vinny, Casa, WR1,CR001 & ...) in this forum for their time&patience to answer those queries of everyone, however silly it is.

Here are the timelines if it could be of any help to anyone..

1. Appointment was at 10.0AM
2.Checked in through security at 9.30AM.
3.Collected ticket and after 10mins called in to counter to submit the documents.
4.Around 10.0AM, called for Biometrics.
5. 10.45AM, case worker called to a separate room to ask few questions, bit nervous though.
6. After all his questions & convinced on my answers, he said "I am glad to inform, decision is made & your appllication is successful.I need to take photocopy of some of the documents and asked to wait in the waiting area". I was thrilled to hear that.
7. 11.0 AM, Approval letter along with my documents received.
8. So, altogether it was 1.5hrs inside PEO.

Staffs are very codial and friendly. Not crowded, I remember we were only 3-4 applicants. Off street car parking and plenty of space as it was Saturday.

Mere formal Questions asked by case worker..
1. Why are you not applying for your family?
2. What your company does and what you basically do?
Ans- Mine is ltd. company, so I explained him briefly.
3. Regarding some dividend payments, which is there in the bank statement but I am not claiming.
Ans - straight fwd answer

Documents submitted..

1. Cover letter
2. Payment sheet
3. Life in UK cert
4.Passport+BRP
5.Photos
6. Letter of Absences

EARNINGS
1. Accountant letter+Invoice summry sheet
2. Payslip, dividend vouchers
3. Invoices
4. Ltd. company reg cert+VAT cert
5.P60 for last 5yrs
6.Business bank a/c statement for last 12 months
7. Persoanl bank statement for 12 months+resent two months
8. Ltd. company a/c statement for last FY

SUPPLEMENTARY
1.Travel Itinerary for last 5yrs
2.Some address proofs (C.Tax bills, water bills, poll card, etc..)
I know these are not required, just submitted.

So altogether a nice experience, delighted as this is the day for which everyone is waiting after 5 long yrs..

I am out of work for last few months, so was nervous a bit. This was clarified though in this forum earlier. No questions asked by the case worker as I had shown sufficient balances in my a/cs.

Advise - Keep the documentation simple and organised.

Any questions..pls feel free to ask. Pls see my comments regarding the Summon issue in my other post.

All the best to all those going next..

mnaeem126
inactive

Re: Tier 1G - ILR Success on 13June..Cardiff PEO..

Post by mnaeem126 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:30 am

How much total earnings you have claimed? All of that was from employment/self-employment/both? I am worried for my friend whose requirement is £55000 to qualify and going for PEO in 1st week of July. He is doing three jobs (2 security jobs and 1 Survey)and he is too scared how the case worker will take it.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:24 am

mnaeem126 wrote:How much total earnings you have claimed? All of that was from employment/self-employment/both? I am worried for my friend whose requirement is £55000 to qualify and going for PEO in 1st week of July. He is doing three jobs (2 security jobs and 1 Survey)and he is too scared how the case worker will take it.
Should not be a problem as long as tax is paid on previous extension of 55K and this 2014/15 tax year.

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:29 am

My initial entry clearance visa was before Apr 2010, so I got 45 points for 40K earning. Point was i got 85 points, requirement was 75.

Regarding different job aspect, may be senior members best ones to advise..

mention on which visa you are..

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:49 am

@argus7..Thax a lot
Yeah he has paid tax on the self employment income (29000 claimed for the period 01 Aug 2011 to 31 Jul 2012) at extension time but that earning was split between two financial year (14000 in 2011-12 and 15000 in 2012-13) and so the tax paid on that was split as well. Has he done the right thing? Is there any restrictions on the working hours to earning £55000 as the above discussed my friend is doing approx 18 hrs a day and 7 days a week to earn this threshold. When he gets paid holidays from one company, he does 7 days in the other and vice versa. Can case worker object on the management or extra hours of work? The Set(O) guidance or immigration rules don't say that this earning should be made in the specific hours or time of work.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:01 pm

CW should not object . Paying taxes split in two years as the income is of two tax years is fine.

never
United Kingdom

Post by never » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi
Amiya
please can u tell me what u have answer this question as i m self employed i am also not calming all my payments

Regarding some dividend payments, which is there in the bank statement but I am not claiming.

awaiting your reply or any one can reply me about this question please

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:01 pm

Hi..
Actually I had withdrawn more dividends from my ltd.company which later I realised while filing my SA tax return. To avoid paying the tax, I declared one month dividend as Director's loan. This amount was reflecting in the business & personal account. That's what the case worker asked. I was expecting this question though. I answered him the same thing.

It's nothing wrong, he understood that. As I was not claiming more than what I have taken and meeting more pints than required so no issues.

Hope it clarifies your Ques.

Cheers

rakshu_hs
Newly Registered

Post by rakshu_hs » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:31 pm

Hello Amiya,

I am a self employed person and have got appointment at Cardiff PEO. In the past there were some concerns around Cardiff staff not handling Self Employed cases .

Can you please confirm you are self employed and you got your decision on the same day in PEO Cardiff ?

Regrds,
Chandan