ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by fielddrive » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:03 pm

seagul wrote:I emailed same query to one of ncs council who given that reply:
:D I believe the NCS manager in question is a frequent visitor of this forum... take her name out :lol:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:22 pm

fielddrive wrote:
seagul wrote:I emailed same query to one of ncs council who given that reply:
:D I believe the NCS manager in question is a frequent visitor of this forum... take her name out :lol:
What you think that it means 21 days deadline is relaxed and is not important but only important thing is ceremony in 90 days.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:11 pm

I think that 21 days is a standard saying, but different councils deal things differently
Some book the appointment and the write to you saying attend on this day and if can't please let us know(I have seen this with one of my friend)
And most of them will ask you to call them and book an appointment
But what they follow strictly is the 90 day rule
Anyways, by how many days did you missed the 21days rule

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:18 pm

Happy new year.
I have a suggestion for home office that why they not introduce such method where applicant pay online which allow them to pocket the applicant money more quickly which always their desire and by this way they can reduce the timeline of process by 1-1.5 months. 2ndly they must introduce application online status check system because its an era of IT and almost in all countries it exists. I wish policy readers read it & implement if not then how this suggestion can be transported to them which is more profitable for them.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

Post by Saladin0011 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:43 pm

Hi,
I want ask if members of A8 have to provide biometric information every time even if I have them in my passport. I want apply through NCF (not sure exact name)

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:47 pm

Saladin0011 wrote:Hi,
I want ask if members of A8 have to provide biometric information every time even if I have them in my passport. I want apply through NCF (not sure exact name)

Thank you
If you apply for British citizenship, you will have to submit/enroll your biometrics when you receive the letter asking you to do this. It is NCS (nationality checking service).

Do you have a document certificate permanent residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

Post by Saladin0011 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:20 pm

Hi. Yes I have. Lucky enough. When I will apply for citizenship, what do I have to bring to NCS? My PR, application form and documents for last 5 years?

Kima
Newly Registered

Post by Kima » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Hi
I applied for Nationality via NCS , can I travel abroad or shall I wait till the decision will be taken? thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:08 pm

Kima wrote:Hi
I applied for Nationality via NCS , can I travel abroad or shall I wait till the decision will be taken? thanks
You are free to travel, but do remember that you will receive a letter to enroll your biometrics and there is a deadline to have this done of 15 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kima
Newly Registered

Post by Kima » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Kima wrote:Hi
You are free to travel, but do remember that you will receive a letter to enroll your biometrics and there is a deadline to have this done of 15 days.
ah thanks
please is the day applying with NCS is considered the 1 st day of application? because I applied and travelled the day after

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:53 pm

Date of NCS appointment is considered the date of application.

You can travel!! Why are you stressing? When will you be back in the UK?

You need to be in the UK for your biomtric letter. You only have 15 days when you receive the letter to do your biometrics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Kima
Newly Registered

Post by Kima » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:14 pm

thank you
i m stressing because i have to stay quite long time abroad i came last week just for fingerprints and i returned so i m outside the uk now ,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:18 pm

Kima wrote:thank you
i m stressing because i have to stay quite long time abroad i came last week just for fingerprints and i returned so i m outside the uk now ,
Is someone checking your post? You have fairly tight timelines to do things if/when you get approval?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Kima
Newly Registered

Post by Kima » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:40 am

yes

my husband is checking ,
Have a good day

peace84

Post by peace84 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:06 am

Hi Everyone,
I am planning to apply naturalisation for BC in this month and i need some help in filling the correct information on Form AN

In the form section 1.1 what should i write any idea ? please see below image
thanks
Attachments
formCapture.PNG
formCapture.PNG (12.81 KiB) Viewed 1749 times

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:18 am

I left it blank

peace84

Post by peace84 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:23 am

fielddrive wrote:I left it blank
ok thanks and i will do the same.

patelmehulp1234
Newly Registered

Post by patelmehulp1234 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
patelmehulp1234 wrote:Hi everyone
Does anyone know in what time period does the biometric letter comes after the money gone from the account?
My fees gone from account on 17 the December but still waiting for the letter. It's a week now

Thanks
Mehul
Have you taken the time to read and look at the December Timeline thread? It is December, post is slow, people are on holiday.......

No news so far. Any idea? should i contact someone or just wait and watch. November timelines shows the progress and all started getting biometric letters, even the december applications

sansush
Newly Registered

Post by sansush » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:36 pm

Hello all,

New to the forum and it has been very informative so far . I am in the process of applying for my naturalisation and have an appointment on the 18th to submit my document. Have a couple of questions which are bothering me and was hoping if anyone will be able to assist me please.

My immigration History:
Been in the UK since Jan 30th 2010 on T2 ICT Visa.
ILR Approved on: 12th Jan 2015
NCS Application submission date : 18th Jan 2016

My query:
1) Since I got my ILR post Oct 2013 , do I still need to provide any other documentation to prove my English language requirement apart from the Life in the UK test and copy of the education self assessment done during my ILR process ( got 10 points at that stage)
2) Can I apply for both Naturalisation and passport at the same time? If yes, can someone guide me with the process?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:44 pm

sansush wrote:Hello all,

New to the forum and it has been very informative so far . I am in the process of applying for my naturalisation and have an appointment on the 18th to submit my document. Have a couple of questions which are bothering me and was hoping if anyone will be able to assist me please.

My immigration History:

My query:
1) Since I got my ILR post Oct 2013 , do I still need to provide any other documentation to prove my English language requirement apart from the Life in the UK test and copy of the education self assessment done during my ILR process ( got 10 points at that stage) even though you have met the requirement for ILR, you should submit the same documents. HO could write and ask for them and this will cause a delay.

2) Can I apply for both Naturalisation and passport at the same time? If yes, can someone guide me with the process? It depends on which NCS you are applying at. Only certain councils are offering the joint application.

Thanks in advance
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sansush
Newly Registered

Post by sansush » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:51 pm

Hello all,

My immigration History:

My query:
1) Since I got my ILR post Oct 2013 , do I still need to provide any other documentation to prove my English language requirement apart from the Life in the UK test and copy of the education self assessment done during my ILR process ( got 10 points at that stage) Even though you have met the requirement for ILR, you should submit the same documents. HO could write and ask for them and this will cause a delay.
2) Can I apply for both Naturalisation and passport at the same time? If yes, can someone guide me with the process? It depends on which NCS you are applying at. Only certain councils are offering the joint application.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your response CR001.. for point 1 : just these 2 documents would suffice?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:56 pm

You need to submit LIUK pass letter again and English, see FAQs English Requirement for Citizenship (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

raha333
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by raha333 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:27 am

Hello everyone,

I came to the UK in Dec 2008 and received refugee status in Feb 2010. I applied for ILR in Jan 2015 but it took 5 months to receive ILR and BRP card with date of May 2015.
My question is can I apply for naturalisation on Feb or have to wait until May? I've been in UK more than 7 years.
Thanks

patelmehulp1234
Newly Registered

Post by patelmehulp1234 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi everyone
Does anyone know in what time period does the biometric letter comes after the money gone from the account?
My fees gone from account on 17th December but still waiting for the letter.

No news so far. Any idea? should i contact someone or just wait and watch. November timelines shows the progress and all started getting biometric letters, even the December applications

Thanks
Mehul

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:30 pm

definitely one year after receiving your ILR date. May 2016
if you are not over stay dec 2008 to feb 2010.

raha333 wrote:Hello everyone,

I came to the UK in Dec 2008 and received refugee status in Feb 2010. I applied for ILR in Jan 2015 but it took 5 months to receive ILR and BRP card with date of May 2015.
My question is can I apply for naturalisation on Feb or have to wait until May? I've been in UK more than 7 years.
Thanks