ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

limited leave to remain as a parent of Uk child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bukaro8
Newly Registered

limited leave to remain as a parent of Uk child

Post by bukaro8 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:45 am

Hi i sent my application for limited leave to remain as a parent of a Uk child on a 5 years route(I got a grade 5 ESOL certificated with distinction) But i received a letter from the home office telling me that my application had been approved under paragraphs R-LTRPT. 1.1 (a),(b) and (d) of appendix FM which includes the exceptions paragraphs EX 1.(a) and (b) . But they tell me that for my particulars circumstances I have been granted leave to remain the immigration rules under D-LTRPT. 1.2 of appendix FM that means I have to make the same application for three more times (10 years). I am a sole parent looking after my 2 years old boy (uk citizen) this is a big limitation for no access to publics founds and I can not feel confident about my immigration status in the future because I have to,make the same application 3 more times. There's something that I can do?
thanks for your time

bukaro8
Newly Registered

Re: limited leave to remain as a parent of Uk child

Post by bukaro8 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:04 pm

bukaro8 wrote:Hi i sent my application for limited leave to remain as a parent of a Uk child on a 5 years route(I got a grade 5 ESOL certificated with distinction) But i received a letter from the home office telling me that my application had been approved under paragraphs R-LTRPT. 1.1 (a),(b) and (d) of appendix FM which includes the exceptions paragraphs EX 1.(a) and (b) . But they tell me that for my particulars circumstances I have been granted leave to remain the immigration rules under D-LTRPT. 1.2 of appendix FM that means I have to make the same application for three more times (10 years). I am a sole parent looking after my 2 years old boy (uk citizen) this is a big limitation for no access to publics founds and I can not feel confident about my immigration status in the future because I have to,make the same application 3 more times. There's something that I can do?
thanks for your time

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Do you have the right to work?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

bukaro8
Newly Registered

Post by bukaro8 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi thanks for read my post
and yes I have right to work and I working 30 hours p/w. Just night because i have to pay for a neighbour to look after my,son while his sleeping.

kalo
Newly Registered

Post by kalo » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:58 am

Hi there,

I am in the same category.home office granted british citizenship for my child.but it seems very difficult to get british passport .have you applied british passport for your child.

bukaro8
Newly Registered

Post by bukaro8 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:32 am

Hi
yes he got his passport one year ago because his mother is British. I hope you can get those documents.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:13 am

If you believe the grant is incorrect, write back to the UKVI and ask them to review it.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dluv
Newly Registered

Post by dluv » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:46 pm

hi can you tell us what form you used, documents submitted and how long it took for your visa to be granted. cheers

bukaro8
Newly Registered

Post by bukaro8 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:28 pm

Hi. I used flr(m) and choose the 5 years route as a parent of a British child. (one of the eight categories in,this form). I submitted my pay slips (last three), my child's birth certificate ( the one with both parents names), English certificated, letter from the gp certificating that the child is living with me, and a letter from his mother making and statement about my son's situation ("she was temporary separated of him"). Just in case I attached and extra letter from members of my wife's family telling the true (she abandoned him). For every letter i submitted a copy of the person Who signed.... Plus my son's original British passport and my passport. I sent it by post and latter I made my biometrics. After that i only wait for 1 month. The only problem is that i got grant in the 10 years route.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:01 pm

FLR(M) would have been the incorrect form.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bukaro8
Newly Registered

Post by bukaro8 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:17 pm

I choose it because is the only one which has limited leave to remain as a parent... And that form have two options five or ten years route (with the first you need to provide your knowledge in English).

kalo
Newly Registered

Post by kalo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:13 pm

I have a child born to british father.but i am unmarried single mum.home office has granted british citizenship to my child and granted 2 and half years subject no recourse to public funds.but permitted to work.R-LTRPT. 1.1 (a),(b) and (d) of appendix FM. my child's father has no contact with us and refused to put his name on birth certificate. now i have trouble to get british passport for my child.because passport office refused to give british passport because father's nationality wasn't confirmed. i really need some advice regarding in this matter

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:27 am

You do not have 5 or 10 year options with FLR(M), who told you that? If you failed the requirements of FLR(M) they'd have considered private/family life 10 year route.

bukaro8
Newly Registered

Post by bukaro8 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:26 am

Hello.
sorry i used flr(fp)
thanks

gunwa01
Newly Registered

Post by gunwa01 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:31 am

Hello, Kalo,

Pls how do you apply for your child for home office to grant him/her british citizen? what form can i used.. thanks

JASH
Newly Registered

Post by JASH » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:55 pm

bukaro8 » what have u wrote about other parent last time contact with child

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:13 pm

This thread is 18 months old!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.