ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success story from HSMP to EC from UAE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rasinrdj

Success story from HSMP to EC from UAE

Post by rasinrdj » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:58 pm

Frist of all thanks to all the members of this forum for their support.
My hsmp application was approved on second attempt.
First application was sent on 20-10-2007 got refusal on 27-10-2007, used MBE to collect documents.
I got 0 points for earnings, my bank statement was not stamped, although it was on bank headed paper there was the word "COPY" on the statement which according to bank personal means customer copy but the consular officer treated them literally as copy. Actually after seeing the word copy on my bank statement I requested my bank to stamp them but they refused stating that it is on bank headed paper and they will not stamp it.

Second application was sent on 09-11-2007 got approved on 12-11-2007.
This time I went to the bank with the refusal letter and showed them after which they stamped and signed my statement.

Lesson learned was : Do not send your application without proper documentation, don't ever overlook minor things, persuade your employers and bank people to stamp and sign the documents.

I have applied from a country with no tax system (UAE) and provided the following documents:
English language : IELTS with band score 7.5 (with first application I just sent my graduation and english medium letter which was also accepted).
Education : 35 points, submitted MBA degree along with marks sheet done from Osmania University Hyderabad - India.
Earnings : 20 points, submitted pay slips for 15 months stamped and signed and bank statement stamped and signed.

Applied for EC along with wife's dependent application from the VISA center on 26-11-2007 and got visa the next day.
I had more than 7500 GBP in my bank account. I have submitted all my education and experience certificates both original and photo copy along with my current employment letter. I mentioned on the cover letter about my professional experience and what type of job I will be taking up in UK. I requested to start my visa from 1st of Jan 2008 which they accepted. Planning to reach UK during the first week of January 2008.

Hope this will be helpful for others applying from Middle East countries.

Anthopogon

Post by Anthopogon » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:01 am

xxxxxxx
Last edited by Anthopogon on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rasinrdj

Post by rasinrdj » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:40 pm

My cover letter was as follows:

Date: 25-11-2007
To,
The Consular Officer,
British Embassy – XXX City – UAE

Sub: Application for Visa under HSMP programme

Dear Sir/Madam,
Please find my application for Visa under HSMP programme and application for my spouse visa under dependent category. My HSMP application with reference number 2xxxxx was approved on 12th November 2007, the original copy of the approval letter is attached with my application.
I am a xxx with over xx years of experience. There are plenty of job openings available in UK in the field of xxx, I will take up xxx job and pursue my career further in UK. I have sufficient funds to support myself and my spouse for initial period of 5-6 months in UK.

Please find the following documents attached with the application:

And then I mentioned the documents attached with the application.

Along with the cover letter I have submitted the following documents:
Bank Statement and Salary Certificate of current employer.
Original Degree Certificates and experience certificates of previous employment.
Original Certificates of all the courses which I did.
Original IELTS test report form.
Original Marriage Certificate.

I have also submitted copies of the above documents.

If you are a manager then you must be drawing handsome amount here, before planning to leave for UK you can do some research on UK job market especially if you are not in technical field. My personal advise.

Hope this helps.

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:48 am

Thanks for the information. I am planing to apply EC next week from Dubai , Can you tell me which form you used VAF 1 or VAF 2 ? and did you have to fill the same Form for your dependents ?

Regards,
Tipu tipu_lhr@hotmail.com