ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa Travelling Time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jigars143
Pakistan

Visit Visa Travelling Time

Post by jigars143 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:00 am

Hi,

My parents are due to apply for visit visa by the mid January for 2 years. But they want to travel at the end of March. Ideally they should get the Visa by end of January that means they are not due to fly for like two months.

Is there any time limit to fly after you are granted visa?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Nabeel

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Visit Visa Travelling Time

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:13 am

No, as long as you enter the UK and return home within the period issued on the visa. Bear in mind however, that they will lose three months from the time granted if they don't travel until the end of March and the visa is issued at the beginning of January. They can request to have the visa issue date deferred for up to three months which may make more sense.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:21 pm

Thank you so much for your replay CASA

So if we write travelling date of End of February will British High Commission issue visa starting from that date? Or do we need to specify it in the notes?

Many thanks

Nabeel

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:47 pm

You should also specify it in the notes.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:28 pm

ok..thanks Casa