ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Requirement Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Naturalization Requirement Question

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:11 am

Hello Team,

Me and my partner got our ILR last year in March 2015.

This year in March we will complete our 12 months. I am in UK since 2006 and my wife came to UK in March 2012.

I was going through the eligibility requirements for naturalization and one of the requirement is:
you must usually have
*lived in the UK for at least the 5 years before the date of your application

Does this mean my wife needs to wait another year before I can apply for her naturalization application OR can she apply as she will be completing her 12 months this March.

Many thanks in advance.
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization Requirement Question

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:17 am

If she applies at the same time as you, she will need 5 years residence.

If you apply on your own and are approved, as soon as you attend your ceremony, then your wife can apply as spouse of BC based on 3 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Re: Naturalization Requirement Question

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:30 am

CR001 wrote:If she applies at the same time as you, she will need 5 years residence.

If you apply on your own and are approved, as soon as you attend your ceremony, then your wife can apply as spouse of BC based on 3 years residence.
Thank you so much for your prompt response and answering my question.

Much appreciated!!!