ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO to OCI , please advice

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

PIO to OCI , please advice

Post by Rajuk09 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:54 am

Hi All,
My search on this topic did not really answer my question. And neither VFS people was able to answer it , and asking me to call HCI , but phone in HCI is ringing never ending without any response. Its a simple query,
Now PIO is stopped , what happens to existing PIO holders ? In my case my children who got PIO during December 2014 need to apply for OCI ?
Checking site , they say PIO will serve the purpose as OCI and again they give option of changing it to OCI ?
Do we need to do it ? or it is optional ? any problems in airports OR stay in India beyond 6 months etc ?
Please advice.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Re: PIO to OCI , please advice

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:01 am

Could someone please clarify on my doubts ?

pragneshmpatel

Re: PIO to OCI , please advice

Post by pragneshmpatel » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:19 pm

I was in similar situation. No one has clear answer. If you get chance & have time then I suggest to convert it to OCI. I have done this for my daughter.
They don't ask for more documents, I think their passport & PIO should be enough. also fees are not that much higher as well.