ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What visa category should I apply under?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eswarpr
Newly Registered

What visa category should I apply under?

Post by eswarpr » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:23 pm

Hello members,

Just trying to gauge as to the correct category to apply for a visa for my 70+ year old dad.

I am a permenant resident in the UK and my father is a widower. I would like to bring him for short visits but would like to bring him with the option of being able to come back again 6 months later (i.e. multiple entries). Considering things have moved around quite a lot in UKBA since the last time I had to apply a visa for myself, I am a bit confused on what route would be the best. Any advise would be appreciated. Some details about me and my father below:

1) I am an Indian citizen, so is my father
2) I have a spouse who is also on ILR
3) My parents have visited me before when I held a Tier 2 visa

My questions:

1) What category would I apply under, if I am applying from India?
2) Would I have to pay the NHS fee?
3) What should my expectation on the time required for approval (I understand it will be case by case basis, however a general indication would be great)

Thanks much.

Eswar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What visa category should I apply under?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:22 pm

1. Standard Visitor Visa (not sure from your post if you are looking for something else or more of a permanent move)

2. IHS not payable for visitor visas
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.