ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for HSMP extension much earlier?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mjwall

Applying for HSMP extension much earlier?

Post by mjwall » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:51 pm

Hi guys,

I fall into the 'one of the original HSMP' applicants before the UK government up'd the points renewal system.

Code: Select all

Applied for HSMP: April 2005
Granted HSMP for 1 year. 

Applied for HSMP extension (3 years): April 2006
Granted HSMP Ext for 3 years (expires April 2009)
I would like to know if I can apply for an extenstion to the FLR now because I would like to purchase a property in London.

It seems mortgage lenders prefer at least two years remaining on your visa - fair enough.

Any suggestions on this issue?!

Cheers

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:14 pm

do you think is this possible???? if so how long is the visa for....and does this extension period adds up for the current expiry date or will they issue from the date of stamping on the passport????

please clarify

mjwall

Post by mjwall » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:31 pm

Not sure mate - haven't applied since the post ...

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:40 pm

Hi mjwall,
I have seen before in the board before that some people have got their extensions 2 years in before expiry of their visa. If you qualify for 75 pts then why not give a try, at the most you shall lose £335 for application if you dont succeed.

SYH
BANNED

Re: Applying for HSMP extension much earlier?

Post by SYH » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:17 pm

mjwall wrote:Hi guys,

I fall into the 'one of the original HSMP' applicants before the UK government up'd the points renewal system.

Granted HSMP for 1 year. 

I would like to know if I can apply for an extenstion to the FLR now because I would like to purchase a property in London.

It seems mortgage lenders prefer at least two years remaining on your visa - fair enough.

Cheers
yeah the mortgage lender want to pay for your early extension request
make he write you a letter stating so to include in your app
someelse did do it so do a search for the thread

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for HSMP extension much earlier?

Post by pantaiema » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:39 pm

mjwall

I could confirm that someone in this forum have reporter to do so it is approved. Reason: same reason with you.

I would suggest, Why do not give a try ?

But please note that if someone have reported in this forum it does not mean that it is true reflection the case.

mjwall wrote:Hi guys,

Granted HSMP for 1 year. 

Cheers
Pantaiema

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:09 pm

also we dont know how long they are going to give the visa for......will they start it from today or from date of expiry of your present visa......

who knows, they might change the rules for ILR.......if you apply now even if they give it for 3 years.......if the ILR rule changes to 6 years next year, we have to apply for another (unimaginable changed) HSMP extension... :roll: :roll: