ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Article 10 Residence Card success story?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kishni2001
Newly Registered

Article 10 Residence Card success story?

Post by kishni2001 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:44 pm

Hi there
Does anyone have any success stories on the new law regarding entering the UK without having to get a family permit? Does this apply to non EU family members of British nationals visiting the UK as well? I have read in the forums that this law only applies to non eu family member of EU nationals other than British? Advise needed please.

Wow85
Newly Registered

Re: Article 10 Residence Card success story?

Post by Wow85 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:22 pm

Does your partner have an article 10 EEA residency card (not from the UK)? I.e. have you worked and lived in an EEA country other than the UK (I assume so as you mention the family permit)?

My wife (non EU) entered the UK using this route a couple of weeks ago (by plane). She holds a French residency card and I have previously worked and lived in France (currently applying for her EEA2 UK residency card). We had no problems, there was a bit of a confused face at checkin but after a quick phone call they confirmed that my wife could board the plane. At the UK border I had everything prepared (proof that I worked/lived in another EEA state, marriage certificate, etc) but the border officer said "dont worry, you're not going to have any problems", I didn't need any of that.

Dream5695
Newly Registered

Post by Dream5695 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:03 am

Please wow85....can you tell me, is the Article 10 Residency Card you used, the Carte Sejour? If not please tell me what it was and how you got it. Me contacting you is the closest I've got in hours of trawling the net to try and find out if the Carte Sejour is the residency card required to enter the uk for my Russian non-EEA member wife. I am living in France and just want free travel to and from the uk with my wife. I hope I hear from you...many thanks..Mike

Wow85
Newly Registered

Post by Wow85 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:19 am

Hi Mike, Yes, it is titled "Titre de sejour", it mentions under the Nature du Titre "Carte de sejour - Directive 2004/38/CE" (which is the freedom of movement directive), and under Remarques "Carte de sejour de membre de famille d'un citoyen de l'union/EEE/Suisse - Toutes activites professionnelles". As far as I am aware, this is the only card that will be issued when you apply for a residency card for a non-eea national married to an eea national who is exercising their rights to free movement (living and working in an eea country other than where they are a citizen).

I have already done the hours (more like days) of trawling through the internet so I'm more than willing to help anyone avoid that! Here's the latest info from the UK immigration website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dence-card

The phrase "Article 10" refers to article 10 of the freedom of movement act, which is Directive 2004/38/CE (as mentioned on the card).

Hope that helps!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:42 am

See also:
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... to-travel/

& https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/eu-rights-clin ... pril-2015/

There's also several topics on this type of question in the forum if you search for it.

Here's one. Suggest take a look at 1st post here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/europe ... 95372.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

itsmanu
Newly Registered

Post by itsmanu » Tue May 10, 2016 9:02 am

Hi,

I have been living and working in Netherlands for sometime now and have received Article 10 residence card for my family. I am planning to return to UK next week. I have gone through the links posted on this thread. I will be carrying proof of the relationship [ legalized certificates] and proof of my full time employment. Rental agreement, bank statements and all the other bills with me.

I just wanted check is there anything in particular that I should keep in mind. I will be going to Luton.

thanks

Dream5695
Newly Registered

Post by Dream5695 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Wow85....Hi....it's mike again....dream5695....I tried to contact you direct but I can't do that....still a babe on the forum....we are now living in France and my Russian wife now has her Carte de Sejour! We applied for a Family Permit to the uk....we should get the passport back this week...but if we get the permit, it's only for 6 months....which is useless...I'm gonna ask them at border control uk if I actually need it...but I'm also gonna try when it expires...making sure I take all the relevant docs, apostilled marriage certificate etc...i was just wondering if you had made any further trips and if you encountered any more issues...thanks for your time....it's do much appreciated....regards Mike