ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

news Update

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Has2003

news Update

Post by Has2003 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi

HSMP Forum's Judicial Review application has been allowed today in the High Court. The full hearing is expected to take place in approximately 2 months. Mr Justice Sullivan has ruled that there is evidence for a breach of legitimate expectation and human rights legislation. In making the decision, the Judge has taken into consideration the report of the Joint Committee on Human Rights and a large number of succefful appeals by HSMP visa holders at the Asulym and Immigration Tribunal. More details soon.
:D :D :D

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:49 pm

Great! Another 2 months. The issue is now moot will be the next HO argument.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: news Update

Post by avjones » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:37 pm

Has2003 wrote:Hi

HSMP Forum's Judicial Review application has been allowed today in the High Court. The full hearing is expected to take place in approximately 2 months.
:D :D :D
great news - but as a technical point, the JR hasn't been allowed, permission to seek JR has been given. That means that Sullivan J found the case to be arguable - a lower test than for the full JR.

I was at the High Court today, and was about to post this myself, but got beaten to it!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

heretic

Post by heretic » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:00 pm

that's so true

this was permission to seek permission to seek jr...................

although the second stage i.e. the actual review will be within a month or so once the permission is granted.............

Edelweiss

Post by Edelweiss » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:28 am

So basically this will happen too late for most of us?