ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speeding ticket before BC application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

narsii

Speeding ticket before BC application

Post by narsii » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi All ,

I will be applying for BC/ Naturalisation next week .Unfortunately , Today while I was driving to office near Worthing area , The Speed camera flashed , I am not very sure if that was me .( There was another car behind , and I believe I have crossed the markings by the time it flashed and I was driving a bit faster > 30 ) . Since this would be my first speeding/traffic offence , I may be offered a speed awareness course and a fine of £100 instead of penalising me with 3/3+ points on my licence .

Now , Do I need to mention this in my BC/AN application ? I have to wait for another 14 days max in order to know if I was speeding .

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Narsii.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Speeding ticket before BC application

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:15 pm

Not at this stage if you haven't been notified of a speeding offence.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

narsii

Post by narsii » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:05 pm

Thanks for a quick response Casa. If I was served with a NIP later , after I submit my application , Do I need to inform HO about this notice ?

Since this would be my first offence , will this be recorded in the PCN ?

Thanks ,
Narsii

narsii

Completed BC - AN Form

Post by narsii » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi Gurus,

I am being a bit cautions before I submit my BC application .

I was able to complete the AN Form ( PDF ) using preview available on Apple MAC / Adobe PDF Editor.

I have filled in all personal details /addresses and other fields .But , left the referees section , and asked my referees to fill the section by hand .

Can I use this completed application to submit or Do I need it fill by hand using a biro pen*( As instructed in passport application) .

The guidance/application says the below

"Please write in block capitals using black or blue ink"
Regards,
Narsii

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:53 pm

narsii wrote:Thanks for a quick response Casa. If I was served with a NIP later , after I submit my application , Do I need to inform HO about this notice ?

Since this would be my first offence , will this be recorded in the PCN ?

Thanks ,
Narsii
If in doubt you can always declare the issue.

For example see HO guidance relating to outstanding convictions in 'Good character' guidance notes:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _D_v02.pdf
- ref page 24+
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

narsii

Post by narsii » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:46 pm

That was very much helpful @noajthan . To play safe , I will declare it in the additional notes section .

Regards,
Narsii

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:15 pm

Casa wrote:Not at this stage if you haven't been notified of a speeding offence.
Do as suggested by Casa, unless you are notified officially.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:03 am

Most of the speeding cameras are without actual film in it. They just flash, even only 1 out of 7 photo come under the standard of accuracy. :-)
N/A

narsii

Re: Combined applications for AN & Passport (Pilot project-H

Post by narsii » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:23 pm

I will be applying for a comined AN-Passport application next week , and I received the passport-application and instructions to fill ,from Kent NCS .

I noticed that NCS-BRENT, NCS-Gloucestershire , on their websites published below

Section 10: The referee for the passport and nationality form will have to be the same person therefore they must be a professional and a British national.

But when I checked the instructions that were sent to me says :

Section 10: The British citizen counter signatory on your passport application form must be the same as citizen referee on your citizenship application .

Not sure why there is a difference among the instructions . Any views on this by people who already applied using this service .

Regards
Narsii

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:01 pm

If using this service, you must:

get one "British national + professional" person to be one of the form AN referee and also passport counter-signatory.
and
get one "professional of any nationality" person to be the other form AN referee.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:08 pm

narsii wrote:I will be applying for a comined AN-Passport application next week , and I received the passport-application and instructions to fill ,from Kent NCS .

I noticed that NCS-BRENT, NCS-Gloucestershire , on their websites published below

Section 10: The referee for the passport and nationality form will have to be the same person therefore they must be a professional and a British national.

But when I checked the instructions that were sent to me says :

Section 10: The British citizen counter signatory on your passport application form must be the same as citizen referee on your citizenship application .

Not sure why there is a difference among the instructions . Any views on this by people who already applied using this service .

Regards
Narsii
I looked at both the referee guidance of the AN form and the passport form carefully before applying and chose a referee who met the requirements of both forms, as they are not one and the same.
1) AN form - Professional referee does not need to be a British citizen. Likewise the British referee doesn't need to be a professional.
2) Passport form - The counter-signatory of this form needs to be both a British citizen and a professional. (Different criteria to the AN form)
As you need to use the same person for both 1) & 2) above, what you need to do is select/find a British professional to act as both your AN form professional referee and passport form counter-signatory. This is independent to your AN form British citizen referee.

I can't comment on why the wording is different in the guidance provided to you by the Kent council. If you read the statements carefully though, you'll notice that they actually say/mean the same thing, just worded differently.

narsii

Post by narsii » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:08 am

The statement on the instruction book let from Kent NCS was a bit confusing , but now I am clear ,

Regards,
Narsii