ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gel Pen Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aragon

Gel Pen Passport Application

Post by aragon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi,

Need a bit of advice. I was told by the post office lady that my application might be returned as I filled the passport form with gel pen and not biro pen. I was bit shocked really. She sent the application anyway. She told me that its 50 -50 as its hard to say its gel pen. She only found out cuz I told her when she asked.

My question is if that would have to happen, will they refund me the money for passport application or the £80 is a gonner. I know I will not get the check and send money back as the lady was pretty confident on that.

Bit stressed now.

secret.simon

Re: Gel Pen Passport Application

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 pm

I can not speak for the Home Office caseworkers, but I would find it hard to believe that they are so potty as to reject an application based on the type of ink used.

The requirement to use a biro pen is logical. As newcomers to this country will have noticed, it rains frequently in this country. If the application is traveling by post, there is a reasonable chance that the application could get wet or damp in transit and that ink (fountain or gel) would smudge, thus rendering the application either hard to read or useless to analyse.

I believe (I could be wrong) that if the application is rendered unreadable, they would get back to you to resubmit the application within a specific timeframe. Keep an eye on your post.

So, don't get too stressed. The caseworkers are humans too and not out to get you by any means fair or foul.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

1kiril
BANNED

Re: Gel Pen Passport Application

Post by 1kiril » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:44 pm

You won't get any money back if your application is rejected. Doubt it will get rejected tho as long as it readable and letters not smeared all over.