ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP online application - unclear questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

el_scand
Newly Registered

EEA FP online application - unclear questions

Post by el_scand » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi,

I am attempting to fill out the online application (Visa4UK) for EEA Family Permit on behalf of my wife, but get stuck at some specific questions. This is a rather long post but I try to be clear and provide sufficient details.

Background:
I am Norwegian citizen who lived and worked in UK from 2003 to 2009 in a relatively high-paying office job. I obtained National Insurance number, paid all my taxes etc. I purchased two properties in UK, which I still own and rent out.

In 2010 I relocated from UK to Africa for international work assignment. As of mid 2015 my work contract was terminated, with no transfer back to UK or other European location. I am currently unemployed, with substantial cash savings (around £50,000) and with regular rental income from the two UK properties.

I married a non-EEA national in early 2015, after having lived together for 2 years. We kept living together.

After a travelling sabbatical together with my wife, we are now planning to move to UK and seek employment. I do not have any specific job offers yet, my plan is to find suitable employment after arriving. We are currently still travelling, not in UK/EU, and plan to move together to UK immediately after obtaining EEA Family Permit for my wife.

Questions
1. Once I tick boxes on the online form that the EEA national is not currently in the UK, there are no questions anywhere of what the intentions of the EEA national is. (e.g. self-sufficient, job seeking, working, studying etc.). I understand that I am free to reside in UK for 3 months without any particular reason. Is there no requirement to explain what I (the EEA national) am planning to do in the UK and how long I intend to stay etc.?

2. PASSPORT AND TRAVEL INFORMATION section:
there is a question "How long do you intend to stay in the UK". The truth is "unclear but probably indefinitely", as we intend to settle there. Should I write "6 months" or "permanently" or something else?

3. EEA NATIONAL section:
There is a question "Have you or the EEA national ever been married before". The EEA national (me) have been married before and divorced. If we tick "yes" in this box, a set of questions opens up asking "Where did YOU live", "when did YOU start to live together" etc. This is confusing, since the form is filled out on behalf of the non-EEA partner who has not been married. The final question in the section is "Have YOU been divorced, widowed, separated"
Who does YOU refer to in the question? There is no field to clarify WHO was married, e.g. write that the EEA national have been married & divorced while the non-EEA partner have never been married. We can enter my dates and locations, but due to the word YOU it could easily be misinterpreted to mean that the answers refers to the non-EEA partner, giving the impression that it is the non-EEA partner who was married & divorced rather than myself.
Perhaps I should add comments in the "Additional Information" free-form box at the very end, expounding on who was married & divorced?

4. In the EMPLOYMENT, INCOME AND SPONSOR section:
* An early question ask "what is the cost to YOU PERSONALLY of this trip". I assume the answer is zero, the husband/sponsor will pay for it?
* Further questions then ask what is the cost of plane ticket, accommodation, living expenses etc. without clarifying whether these questions refer to the total cost or whether they refer to the cost payable by the non-EEA partner (zero, since I'm sponsoring the trip). Should I enter our total expected costs, or just her costs (zero), or our total costs divided by two?
* Since we are not sure of the duration of the trip, but intend for it to be permanently, how do we answer the questions with regards to total cost of the trip? Do we make a 6-month estimate? Estimate monthly costs? I guess this relates to section above "How long do you intend to stay in the UK"?

5. At the INTERVIEW at the visa application centre following the submission of the online form - will I be called for the interview or only my wife? (We are currently both in her home country). Will she be asked detailed questions of my intentions in the UK (since these intentions were not explained on the application form)?

Any support in the above questions will be very much appreciated.

manu_uk
Newly Registered

Re: EEA FP online application - unclear questions

Post by manu_uk » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi, regarding:

2. PASSPORT AND TRAVEL INFORMATION section:
there is a question "How long do you intend to stay in the UK". The truth is "unclear but probably indefinitely", as we intend to settle there. Should I write "6 months" or "permanently" or something else?
ON MY APPLICATION I DID SAY: 6 MONTHS

4. In the EMPLOYMENT, INCOME AND SPONSOR section:
* An early question ask "what is the cost to YOU PERSONALLY of this trip". I assume the answer is zero, the husband/sponsor will pay for it?
* Further questions then ask what is the cost of plane ticket, accommodation, living expenses etc. without clarifying whether these questions refer to the total cost or whether they refer to the cost payable by the non-EEA partner (zero, since I'm sponsoring the trip). Should I enter our total expected costs, or just her costs (zero), or our total costs divided by two?
* Since we are not sure of the duration of the trip, but intend for it to be permanently, how do we answer the questions with regards to total cost of the trip? Do we make a 6-month estimate? Estimate monthly costs? I guess this relates to section above "How long do you intend to stay in the UK"?
I JUST INCLUDED A ROUGHT NUMBER, SAY 5.000 EUROS. NO ONE ASKED ABOUT IT.

5. At the INTERVIEW at the visa application centre following the submission of the online form - will I be called for the interview or only my wife? (We are currently both in her home country). Will she be asked detailed questions of my intentions in the UK (since these intentions were not explained on the application form)?
THERE IS NO INTERVIEW FOR THE FAMILY PERMIT.

I advise you to include a cover letter explaining your situation. Can use it as a guide:
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/924696-post23.html
Finally, even not required, include as much information about your life together, photos, mails, contracts, etc.

Have a nice day!