ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help --ILR PEO vs Postal Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

immuser
Newly Registered

Urgent help --ILR PEO vs Postal Application

Post by immuser » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

My ILR due in march 2016 and i am eligible for ILR in both ways Tier 1 general route as well as 10 year long residence.

When i got Tier-1 general in Jan 2011 used income from both sources ( employment+self-employment). but income declared to HMRC is less compared to what i showed to home office.

Now i have sent amended tax returns to HMRC in Dec still they are dealing with it , i dint get any confirmation from them , when i spoke to them last month they are going to look at my case in feb 1st week.

Can you please advise , what else if amended tax returns not updated in HMRC by the time of applying my visa. would it be Safe to go for same day application by showing the proof of amendments already in place with covering letter from accountant

OR

applying by post it will take another 2 to 3 months extra time. so there will be possibility that HMRC can update tax returns by that time.

if i apply by post do i need to send all sa 302s with copy of new amendments including accountant letter.

Finally which is the safer route apply by post Tier 1 general route or 10 years long residence.

Many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent help --ILR PEO vs Postal Application

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:39 pm

It doesn't matter which ILR route you apply for, you income/tax history will still be checked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

immuser
Newly Registered

Post by immuser » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:51 pm

CR001 wrote:It doesn't matter which ILR route you apply for, you income/tax history will still be checked.
I am looking for options to drag my application as much as possible so that by that time HMRC might update tax returns.

saneej4u
Newly Registered

Post by saneej4u » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:25 pm

Since I am in same position as yours, my advice is to choose the option that make you happy and comfortable, in this scenario there is no point asking someone about options.

What I am going to do is, if my tax won’t get updated before due date, I may apply via post by sending extra documents like confirmation letter from HMRC (if possible), accountant letter and copy of amendment.
Try to drag application by delaying Biometric etc.

At least I believe (not sure) HO can’t refuse application by Deception.

I was thinking about this for last 1 month and all I gained is sleepless night. So do your part, relax and hope for the best.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:28 pm

saneej4u wrote:Since I am in same position as yours, my advice is to choose the option that make you happy and comfortable, in this scenario there is no point asking someone about options.

What I am going to do is, if my tax won’t get updated before due date, I may apply via post by sending extra documents like confirmation letter from HMRC (if possible), accountant letter and copy of amendment.

I was thinking about this for last 1 month and all I gained is sleepless night. So do your part, relax and hope for the best.
You are overoptimistic. The HO can refuse an application by Deception...and they do.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

immuser
Newly Registered

Post by immuser » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:11 pm

saneej4u wrote:Since I am in same position as yours, my advice is to choose the option that make you happy and comfortable, in this scenario there is no point asking someone about options.

Thank you for the reply.. i am hoping the same. as i already sent amendments in dec .i am hoping if i post in march .. HMRC might amend by the time of case worker make any decision.

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:24 pm

which of the tax years do you want to amend?