ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnant need help please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Petaltop

Re: Pregnant need help please

Post by Petaltop » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:16 pm

tanya27 wrote:We will analyse chances of success.
You were told months ago when you asked about having a baby in Britian and what that gave you, that you would get nothing from that. Your baby will be an Indian citizen, not British. They have now told you all to leave.

How will you survive? While waiting to be removed, the new Immigration Bill 2014 will mean you will all have to pay for any heathhcare, including healthcare for your baby; you can't rent anywhere, you can't work; can't have benefits; you are not allowed to drive.

The other new immigration rules coming in for Britain will now make working illegally a crime with up to 6 months in jail and the proceeds of that crime removed, and up to 2 years in jail for the employer and the closure of their business. Landlords can now also get jail too.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... l-migrants

You are also a sitting target for those who will tell you anything you want to hear to get any money you have left, but your immigration history will be in tatters.
tanya27 wrote: but we only know where we can survive and how hard we made our money to get into Britain. We don't have plan B, let's see how it goes.
You can't just decide to live in Britain. Having your baby in Britain does not give you or your baby anything.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:33 pm

tanya27 wrote:You're right. We will analyse chances of success. We have noted all comments from this forum, and we will thoroughly make sure if our case will have a chance. Your advice has helped us a lot in understanding our situation.
Hi Tanya

I was reading your posts and replies from quite some time and to be honest all members gave u right advice. U have no basis and no chance of success to get a visa.

Odds of winning lotto jackpot are greater than your chance of getting a visa in current circumstances. Dont waste your money on solicitors they give people false hopes to skim money out of them and than they say bye bye.

My advise is give birth to your baby without any stress and after that see your options. Life is not end here. People r still living in India and Pakistan and earn good money. I can understand its very hard for people who lived abroad for few years and to adjust back home is not easy. But u have no choice. If u r educated than u or your husband will find a good job back home.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:41 pm

Petaltop wrote:the new Immigration Bill 2014 will mean you will all have to pay for any heathhcare, including healthcare for your baby; you can't rent anywhere, you can't work; can't have benefits; you are not allowed to drive
I did forget the new controls that the government has brought in on landlords. Landlords are now required to verify your right to live in the country, otherwise they will be penalised. Legal work is out of the question as that requires proof of the right to work.

If you still persist in trying to reside in the country, you and your family could be open to blackmail as your landlord or work manager could threaten to report you. And there is a possibility that if Social Services get involved, your child could be taken away from you while you are incarcerated.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

keysersoze22

Post by keysersoze22 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:07 pm

From the sounds of the cancellation of your sponsorship with your Visa at your University as well, it sounds like they have also discontinued you as a student of their institution. You could enquire with the University about a refund of the 'full fee', but it will confer no grounds to remain in the United Kingdom; citing a FLR(O) to complete your course wouldn't work. If your Visa has been curtailed, they would have followed internal procedures to withdraw you as a student on their records and thus you'd have no active record for this year and no appeal rights/handin rights, which would have had to have occured at the latest of November 2015. That avenue appears closed.

If you wish to complete your degree, a previous poster has suggested engagement with your International Student Advice Service. I recommend this as well - ultimately they are the only ones who have the ability to assess your case. Please, as Zee Ali has said, don't rely on rent-a-solicitors who will charge you a high amount of money for a letter to send to the Home Office. I see this daily of migrants wishing to remain in the United Kingdom paying thousands of pounds for in essence an email.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:48 pm

Really sorry to hear your situation. Everyone is right that you no options left. And you can't even use the last option which is asylum because you don't belong to any minority of India which is facing persecution. But if you brother, sister or mother has got refugee status in UK then you have good chances that they will consider you other than that it's a full stop for you in UK.
You can't apply for FLR o or FLR fp because you are not living in UK for more then 8 years + there are many requirement which you need to meet like family, business, property, social life, vulanteer work and many more.
Don't waste your hard earning money on home office fees and solicitors.
Go back and try for different country from this money.
It is my sincere advice.
I wish you best of luck for your future.

tanya27

Post by tanya27 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:54 am

Hi everyone, I'm well and baby is not yet due. We are expecting our lovely baby at any time this week. As said before (HO curtailed visa date: 31 Jan), my husband has applied for flr(o) through a solicitor who has very good experience with such cases. We believe we will be allowed to stay for a period of at least 3 or 4 months. I value the advice given by you all that not to waste money on solicitors. But the person we have met has vast experience and had helped many. I think we won't be considered illegal since we have submitted our application before 31 Jan. I think Home Office would take at least 3 months to make a decision. We will have time to make further plans for extending our stay. We have no choice. Please let me know if anyone knows processing time for flr(o) applications currently. Thanks.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:25 pm

Which solicitor's firm are you instructing?

Best of luck for an easy and happy delivery. And getting to meet your new small family member!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:59 pm

avjones wrote:Which solicitor's firm are you instructing?

Best of luck for an easy and happy delivery. And getting to meet your new small family member!
Members should not name firms on the forum. Any names will be removed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Ooops! Sorry
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

tanya27

Post by tanya27 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:09 pm

Thanks a lot for your wishes Amanda. I respect this forum and all members' advice has helped me understand our situation. We are not doing anything against law. If anyone could let me know processing time fro flr(o) currently, it'd very helpful. Thanks.

tanya27

Post by tanya27 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:12 am

Hi everyone, we're blessed with a healthy girl baby last night. We are in good health.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:20 am

Congratulations. How does this affect your visa status :?:

tanya27

Post by tanya27 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi, We've submitted our application for flr(o). I think my earlier visa status (tier 4) holds till we receive a decision from Home Office. My husband is on dependant status. He has full-time work rights. Now that we have applied for flr(o), is he eligible to work full time as before?

tanya27

Post by tanya27 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:48 pm

Now, My husband, baby and I are in UK. I was a tier 4 (student), leave curtailed to 31 Jan 2016. My husband as dependant. He took a full time job. Now we have applied for flr(o). Question: is he allowed to work full time legally till a decision is made on our flr(o)? Can anyone please comment on this issue?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:50 pm

You need to be patient. When someone has an answer to your question I'm sure they will reply.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:25 am

Your husband status will continue under Section 3C until your case is , but I an doubtful of the prospect of success in regards to the FLR (o).
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

tanya27

Post by tanya27 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Thanks Obie.

tanya27

Post by tanya27 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi everyone, hope some of you remember my previous posts. Arrived as Tier 4 student with husband as dependent. Got pregnant. Tier 4 curtailed a month (Jan '16) before visa expiry. Applied flr(o) and then asylum now quoting inter-religious marriage (we're from India). We have made some documents for claiming asylum. Can anyone advise me on chances of success? Please.

iamnew

Post by iamnew » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:56 pm

India is a country with over a billion people and very big geographically. Also inter-religious marriages are very common in India these days and everyone knows this. I will be surprised if UK immigration grants asylum on such a flimsy grounds, goodluck anyway.

tanya27

Post by tanya27 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:04 pm

Thanks. But we have a letter from my mom saying my family has planned to kill me since I'm converting to my partner's religion. So our lives are under threat if we return to our country. Now we have a baby too. So, our application should be considered, right?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:10 pm

Everyone has a right to claim asylum if they feel they have well grounded fair of persecution..

Your claim will be assessed based on its merit.

No one on the forum can prejudge the outcome of the assessment process.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

tanya27

Post by tanya27 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:20 pm

ya. Will my mom's letter be enough to show that our lives will be in danger? Or HO may require some more documents?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Personally, I doubt that your mother's letter would carry much weight and won't be sufficient evidence to support an asylum claim. A cynical Case Worker may take the view that your mother could have provided the letter to assist your fight to remain in the UK with your husband.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tanya27

Post by tanya27 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Thanks Casa

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Obie wrote:Everyone has a right to claim asylum if they feel they have well grounded fair of persecution..

Your claim will be assessed based on its merit.

No one on the forum can prejudge the outcome of the assessment process.
Agreed, and no-one can prejudge the OP's intentions even if it does seem pretty obvious what the real agenda is.

Asylum is important especially now with so much destabilisation in the would now, and cluttering up the already over-burdened asylum system with spurious claims may cost the lives of genuine claimants.

Something to think about.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....