ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitation for Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Firefade

Invitation for Ceremony

Post by Firefade » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Anyone know the reason why some applicants get both approval and invitation letter at the same time and others only get approval letter and HO asking them to email them if its not received in 2weeks? Its not like they sent it did they?

Thanks

jaweb
Member of Standing

Re: Invitation for Ceremony

Post by jaweb » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:54 pm

[quote="Firefade"]Anyone know the reason why some applicants get both approval and invitation letter at the same time and others only get approval letter and HO asking them to email them if its not received in 2weeks? Its not like they sent it did they?

Thanks[/quote]

THey sent it to me separately, my husband got the invitation letter straightaway. I do not think there is any logic. I think it depends on the caseworker

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:26 pm

I could be wrong, but I think it depends on the local council where you will do the citizenship ceremony, not the caseworker. The Home Office works with the local council on arranging the citizenship ceremonies and I presume that they have working arrangements with individual councils. For instance, some councils in Kent are trialing joint applications for naturalisation and passports, while others are not.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:52 am

[quote="secret.simon"]I could be wrong, but I think it depends on the local council where you will do the citizenship ceremony, not the caseworker. The Home Office works with the local council on arranging the citizenship ceremonies and I presume that they have working arrangements with individual councils. For instance, some councils in Kent are trialing joint applications for naturalisation and passports, while others are not.[/quote]

As i mentioned before I needed to wait, my husband got it straight away. Same council, we have the same address, joint account, etc...