ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR certificate - Qualified Person

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Demare
Newly Registered

EEA PR certificate - Qualified Person

Post by Demare » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi

I am an Italian national who after 18 years of residency in the UK has decided - due to the political turmoil around EU membership - to request certification of my right to permanent residency in the UK under EU rules. I have a question as I am not sure about the answer by looking at the guidance and form.

For most of these 18 years I have been in full time employment. In recent years due to family commitments I have started working part-time, as my husband (who is british) is earning enough to allow me to work a couple of days a week.

Can I apply as a qualified person or do I have to put my husband as my sponsor?? I would rather not - but I don't want to waist £65. Is there an income threshold? Can I send my Tax return and his without having him as sponsor?

Thank you for any advice.

noajthan

Re: EEA PR certificate - Qualified Person

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:25 pm

Demare wrote:Hi

I am an Italian national who after 18 years of residency in the UK has decided - due to the political turmoil around EU membership - to request certification of my right to permanent residency in the UK under EU rules. I have a question as I am not sure about the answer by looking at the guidance and form.

For most of these 18 years I have been in full time employment. In recent years due to family commitments I have started working part-time, as my husband (who is british) is earning enough to allow me to work a couple of days a week.

Can I apply as a qualified person or do I have to put my husband as my sponsor?? I would rather not - but I don't want to waist £65. Is there an income threshold? Can I send my Tax return and his without having him as sponsor?

Thank you for any advice.
Your husband cannot sponsor you as, being a BC, he is not (normally) considered to be an EEA national;
so you will apply in your own right (& supply your own evidence).

Part-time work is fine if you have adequate documentary supporting evidence.

There is no minimum number of hours specified as long as the work is genuine & effective & not 'marginal'.

You will need to show you have been exercising treaty rights continuously (for 5 years) as a qualified person (ie as a worker, student or etc).

Note: Any absences from UK whilst you have been resident should have been within the prescribed limits so that continuity of residence was not broken.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Demare
Newly Registered

Re: EEA PR certificate - Qualified Person

Post by Demare » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:33 am

Thanks a lot - much appreciated clarification.