ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family members of ILR LR applicant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drmuqtadeer
Newly Registered

Family members of ILR LR applicant

Post by drmuqtadeer » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:47 pm

I am applying for ILR based on 10 yrs legal stay. My wife and son who came after me (they are here legally as my dependants since Dec 2006). My daughter was born here in Feb 2010 (she has indian passport).
My questions are
1) What visa should my wife apply for (is it ILR or spouse visa) i think it should be ILR
2) What visa should my son apply for (ILR or dpendant)
3) Can my daughter apply for british passport after i get my ILR as she was born here
Please help with my questions and can you suggest of any solicitor who can help me with application
or can advice me
Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Family members of ILR LR applicant

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:18 pm

1. FLR(M).
2. Include as dependant in wife's FLR(M).
3. No, she will need to register as a British citizen first after you are granted ILR. British passport application after registration.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

drmuqtadeer
Newly Registered

Post by drmuqtadeer » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:20 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. FLR(M).
2. Include as dependant in wife's FLR(M).
3. No, she will need to register as a British citizen first after you are granted ILR. British passport application after registration.
Thanks Sushdmetha, you mean to say that my wife and son can apply for limited leave with me and once their 10 years finishes (8 months are left to finish 10 yrs for them) they can apply for ILR based on 10 years stay.
Thanks a million gain

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:22 pm

When do their current visas expire?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drmuqtadeer
Newly Registered

Post by drmuqtadeer » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:39 pm

CR001 wrote:When do their current visas expire?
My wife and son is on my dependant visa and our visa expires on aug 2017

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:41 pm

On what date did your wife and son ENTER the UK in 2006?

What is the EXACT date of expiry of their current visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:58 am

drmuqtadeer wrote:you mean to say that my wife and son can apply for limited leave with me and once their 10 years finishes (8 months are left to finish 10 yrs for them) they can apply for ILR based on 10 years stay.
Thanks a million gain
I did not mean that in my response but your inference is correct nevertheless.

But, now that you mention that your wife's and son's current leave is valid until August 2017, then there may be no need at all to apply for FLR(M) for either of them if they do not intend to travel outside the UK before December 2016, as is noted in the link I provided in point 1. of my response above.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

drmuqtadeer
Newly Registered

Post by drmuqtadeer » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:25 am

sushdmehta wrote:
drmuqtadeer wrote:you mean to say that my wife and son can apply for limited leave with me and once their 10 years finishes (8 months are left to finish 10 yrs for them) they can apply for ILR based on 10 years stay.
Thanks a million gain
I did not mean that in my response but your inference is correct nevertheless.

But, now that you mention that your wife's and son's current leave is valid until August 2017, then there may be no need at all to apply for FLR(M) for either of them if they do not intend to travel outside the UK before December 2016, as is noted in the link I provided in point 1. of my response above.

Thanks again but after getting my ILR my tier 2 sponser told me that he will stop sponsering tier 2 visa. In that case my wife and son will not have a valid visa as they are on tier 2 dependant. If they apply on FLR (M) can they apply for ILR in dec 2016 based on 10 years stay as i have heard that once they are granted FLR (M) they need to stay on this visa for 5 years before the can apply for ILR. PLease Help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:26 am

If they apply on FLR (M) can they apply for ILR in dec 2016 based on 10 years stay
Yes.
Thanks again but after getting my ILR my tier 2 sponser told me that he will stop sponsering tier 2 visa
Your ILR supercedes your Tier 2 visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)