ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pfaff
Newly Registered

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by pfaff » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Hi,

My application was refused because I did not re-register WRS in first 12 months when I changed the job. I applied on 02/05/2015 and my application was rejected on 29/10/2015 with information that WRS scheme was abolished from May 2011 and I will be eligible to apply again 5 years after that day which means May 2016. I decided to as for reconsideration of my application because I believe that the decision with regards to my permanent residency status was incorrect according to the law. The decision states that “The requirement to register on the Workers Registration Scheme ended on 30th April 2011 so the earliest date that you can be classed as Permanently Resident is 1st May 2016”. In TG v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, the Administrative Appeals Chamber of the Upper Tribunal has ruled that the government acted unlawfully when it extended the Workers Registration Scheme [‘WRS’] for its final two years of operation from 30th April 2009 to 30th April 2011. Taking under consideration fact that according to the Upper Tribunal Administrative Appeals Chamber WRS should finish on 30th April 2009, my automatic Permanent Resident status is counted since 1st May 2009. That would mean I meet the 5 year period requirement on 1st May 2014. Additional 12 months requirement before I can apply for naturalisation was met on 1st May 2015.

I am still waiting for £80 to be taken from bank account and for response.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:37 am

Hi All,

still not update and my MP is useless. I requested the stats on reconsideration applications from the home office and received a reply that was expected:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ation_time

There is no set standard for reconsideration applications. We just have to keep waiting (and praying)
all is well that ends well

foufou

Post by foufou » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:25 pm

ali_hsn wrote:Hi All,

still not update and my MP is useless. I requested the stats on reconsideration applications from the home office and received a reply that was expected:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ation_time

There is no set standard for reconsideration applications. We just have to keep waiting (and praying)
I said that before , there is no time limit for reconsideration , but not long time ago was only taking month or two :( , the problem that the HO are ignoring every body , what about if the HO made a wrong decision ? is that mean this person will wait for life even is nothing wrong with his application after paying that huge amount of money :x , this is really stupid .
what we can do is wait and wait , I been waiting for 15 years anyway so I get used to it :D , after the 6 months past I will try to chase my solicitor and my MP and see what they can do , HO will start look at our applications when they will finish all the mess they have , i'm sure it will be soon as some rules change in November for EAA applicants witch will be easy for the case worker to make a decisins and the number of the applications will be lower from November as most of EEA members don't hold a permanent residence . I think once we will be british we will realize how we were stressed and stupid for nothing :wink:

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:24 pm

Apply for Reconsideration 17/06/15
after 2 month on august contact my MP,
MP get response from H/O 'his application was refuse in Good Character on june15'

He has submitted a reconsideration application in June which is still pending. Reconsiderations can take up to six months. He needs to wait until his case has been reconsidered.

my 6 month is over now, did contact with my solicitor he draft a letter to send H/O. But i'm still waiting for strong point and advice from immigration expert.

foufou

Post by foufou » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:24 pm

[quote="Rassel"]Apply for Reconsideration 17/06/15
after 2 month on august contact my MP,
MP get response from H/O 'his application was refuse in Good Character on june15'

He has submitted a reconsideration application in June which is still pending. Reconsiderations can take up to six months. He needs to wait until his case has been reconsidered.

my 6 month is over now, did contact with my solicitor he draft a letter to send H/O. But i'm still waiting for strong point and advice from immigration expert.[/q
when they said 6 months to wait is just to calm u and your MP , now they can say its complex and need another 3 to six months to decide your application , it's all rubbish , painkillers , but nice to keep the pressure on them because they are under big pressure only what they can do quicker it's take the big money and no refund , just make sure to write in your letter that they said to your MP will take up to six month and the six month is over now , good luck mate

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:32 am

on other pages
One applicant got approval after 8 month of his reconsideration.
Sign is good. At least he is success.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:26 pm

That Applicant was lucky - given that first time applicants are still waiting for their approval after 6 months there is little chance that re considerations will be looked at before 8 month mark.
BTW I called again and got the same reply - still in progress. No Christmas celebrations for me :(

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:58 pm

jojybaba wrote:MN1 refused due to one parent not setlled and reconsideration applied in april ,now 7 months passed,today i visited MP office for help,let see what happen,HO taking too long to make decision

Was the child born in the UK????

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:19 pm

His reconsideration accepted before X-mas. As i follow other page as well.
saanju9 wrote:
jojybaba wrote:MN1 refused due to one parent not setlled and reconsideration applied in april ,now 7 months passed,today i visited MP office for help,let see what happen,HO taking too long to make decision

Was the child born in the UK????

ali_hsn

Re: Unsuccessful Naturalisation (AN) applications

Post by ali_hsn » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:54 am

Hi,

I contacted my MP again - who will be chasing up HomeOffice on my case. I hope that helps! :?
Has anyone else received approval yet?

TimBC
Newly Registered

Post by TimBC » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi,
I'm still waiting, applied on the 1st April. My MP, whilst very helpful, did not understand my case at first. I've had to contact him a few times. My most recent letter from him included an apology from the home office! Fingers crossed for some good news soon!

kimo
- thin ice -

Post by kimo » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:02 am

Hi every one. I hope I'm in the right place. I'm new this form. Ok I need some advice pls. I'm applying for British Citizenship and I'm very worry after reading this comment Above. I hold a permanent residence through marriage since 10/2014 but I was illegal immigrant before my marriage on 2009 , I enter uk in 2005 as illegally , I didn't apply for asulme or refuge, ok my question is in the AN form they ask for date of entry in uk ? I don't know what to do or write please any advice

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:26 am

[quote="kimo"]Hi every one. I hope I'm in the right place. I'm new this form. Ok I need some advice pls. I'm applying for British Citizenship and I'm very worry after reading this comment Above. I hold a permanent residence through marriage since 10/2014 but I was illegal immigrant before my marriage on 2009 , I enter uk in 2005 as illegally , I didn't apply for asulme or refuge, ok my question is in the AN form they ask for date of entry in uk ? I don't know what to do or write please any advice[/quote]

If you were illegal I would advise you to wait 10 years froma date when you became legal ( 10/2014)as your application will be refused!
You can write the date when you really entered UK but you need to prove that you were legal which in your case is not true. If you do not want to lose £1000+ do not apply!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:59 am

kimo wrote:Hi every one. I hope I'm in the right place. I'm new this form. Ok I need some advice pls. I'm applying for British Citizenship and I'm very worry after reading this comment Above. I hold a permanent residence through marriage since 10/2014 but I was illegal immigrant before my marriage on 2009 , I enter uk in 2005 as illegally , I didn't apply for asulme or refuge, ok my question is in the AN form they ask for date of entry in uk ? I don't know what to do or write please any advice
Q14A – I have breached immigration rules/I was an overstayer in the past; will this lead to a refusal?

Please also see here (click) for further information.

I entered the UK illegally will this impact my application?

If you entered the UK illegally in the past your application will normally be refused for 10 years from:

1 – The date in which you entered the UK illegally if this is known to the Home Officer or

2 – The date in which you first brought yourself to the attention or came to the attention of the Home Office.

For example, Joe entered the UK illegally in September 2007 and came to the attention of the Home Office in March 2008. Joe applied for citizenship in January 2015. Joe’s application was refused. Joe’s application will normally be refused until at least March 2018. This is because Joe entered the UK illegally and will therefore, normally be refused for 10 years from (2) the date in which he become known to the Home Office (March 2008).

kimo
- thin ice -

Post by kimo » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:24 am

Hi Ohara and Jaweb thank u for replay , so what I understand I have to wait until 2019 - coz I been given 5 years stamp in 2009 , is that correct ?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:32 am

Yes :)

kimo
- thin ice -

Post by kimo » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:38 am

Wow why they say in there website we have to wait 12 month after holding PR TO apply for citizenship or this for people who enter uk legally only .

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:45 am

One of the requirements for naturalisation is that you are free of immigration time restrictions for at least 12 months prior to the application. In effect, this means you should hold PR/ILR for at least a year before you apply for naturalisation. The requirement is waived if you are married to a British citizen.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:47 am

kimo wrote:Wow why they say in there website we have to wait 12 month after holding PR TO apply for citizenship or this for people who enter uk legally only .
Legal entrance and residence only.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:44 pm

So what would happen if the application is refused?
(if it depends on the basis of rejection, I have 91 absences when only 90 is allowed)

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:47 pm

sud315 wrote:So what would happen if the application is refused?
(if it depends on the basis of rejection, I have 91 absences when only 90 is allowed)

Thanks
if the application is refused, you lose your fee.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:53 pm

Casa,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Fee losing is yes obvious. But I mean could I appeal or will they put a period within which I cannot re-apply or what will happen?
Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:00 pm

There is no right of appeal as such. Only a request for re-consideration or a Judicial Review. This is due to British citizenship being a privilege rather than a right, unlike visa applications.
You are entitled to re-apply as soon as you feel you meet the conditions for which your application has been refused.
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:09 pm

sud315 wrote:Casa,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Fee losing is yes obvious. But I mean could I appeal or will they put a period within which I cannot re-apply or what will happen?
Thanks.
I am assuming you have 91 days absence in the 12 months prior to submitting your application. It is possible that this extra 1 day will be allowed/overlooked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Casa and CR001 thank you so much for both your replies.
CR001: yes absence is in the final 12 months period.