ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DOES IT NECASSARY TO ATTACH NARIC LETTER

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alihatfield

DOES IT NECASSARY TO ATTACH NARIC LETTER

Post by alihatfield » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:40 pm

Hi fellows
I need to ask one question if some one help me it that necassary to attach the naric certificate with the acadamic degree which is not study in uk becuz I was reading the guidline its mention that applicant have to provide the naric certificate.
Can any one clear my this confusion.

Regards
Sid

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:19 pm

The onus is on the applicant to provide sufficient evidence in terms of:

1. An Original Full Degree Certificate (provisional certificate won't do).
2. Certificate from a Professional Body confirming its UK equivalence

NARIC is one such Professional Org that provides a Certificate of Comparability. You may arrange the same from any other institution or a professional body. NARIC is just a convenient way to fulfill requirement 2 above.

Note that, in the event of a doubt regarding the comparability of a non-UK Degree certificate, the caseworker verifies with NARIC the UK equivalent in order to award points.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:21 am

gorajim, what are the other professional bodies? I thought NARIC was it! I have done postgrad study and would like to find out whether this is equivalent to Masters so I have a little more breathing space on the earning requirement if I have to get an extension. But the costs of NARIC are quite a lot just to satisfy my curiousity!

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:40 am

Hiya,

NARIC is the Only Official Body, run by/affiliated to DfES and is the most recognised body and the advantage is that it is used by HO as well.

I am aware of one other body - the National Reference Point:
http://www.uknrp.org.uk/

I believe the Quality Assurance Agency also works towards this effort, but not sure if it provides professional services.
http://www.qaa.ac.uk/

Anyone else with more info / links are welcome to post.

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:07 pm

It is not required to send a NARIC letter if you will be claiming for academic qualification. It is only required if you claiming for professional qualification instead.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:30 pm

NARIC comparability letter is not compulsory given that U r 100% sure that your degree is comparable to UK standars degree.
Example of that is that if U graduate from well known universities such as Harvard, Stantford, MIT, etc . Or U have known a person from your universities and Study Program which have been awarded HSMP.

NARIC is the only offical bodies which are recognised by DFES the Home office, SO NARIC comparability letter is the only documents which is recognised. Do not wates your time and money looking into other institutuions. It is also clearly mentioned on the guidelines.
Pantaiema

prem12

Re: DOES IT NECASSARY TO ATTACH NARIC LETTER

Post by prem12 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:05 pm

alihatfield wrote:Hi fellows
I need to ask one question if some one help me it that necassary to attach the naric certificate with the acadamic degree which is not study in uk becuz I was reading the guidline its mention that applicant have to provide the naric certificate.

Regards
Sid
After reading the subject and this post, I really have no option other than swearing and cusring that people like you can also attempt for a HIGHLY skilled migrant program. The IELTS should righlt be forced to 8.
________
VAPORIZER AFFILIATE PROGRAM
Last edited by prem12 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:36 am

Hi Prem,

I would not support your strongly worded reproach against Ali. There are people from backgrounds which are not so conducive to language skills development. And this might not necessarily reflect on how HIGHLY skilled they are.

However that being said, Ali you do need to work really hard at improving your English language skills. With rumors about IELTS band 8.0 made compulsory, you will find it very tough to qualify.

Good luck.

Regards
Hsmppune

alihatfield

prem12 think what you comment about me

Post by alihatfield » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:18 am

After Reading prem comments I am not happy it is very very rude for m me and prem for your information I recently attempt IELTS I have scored 7 Band over all
Speaking = 8 band
Listing = 8 Band
Reading = 6 band
Writing = 6 band
I think the governing body who award me 7 band is mad that what you think.
So before writing your comments you should think abt that and I advise people like you are no sense what you are saying.
Thx
Sid

prem12 wrote:
alihatfield wrote:Hi fellows

Regards
Sid
After reading the subject and this post, I really have no option other than swearing and cusring that people like you can also attempt for a HIGHLY skilled migrant program. The IELTS should righlt be forced to 8.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

An 7.0 on IELTS

Post by pantaiema » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:02 pm

To give a rough idea; If U want to see an IELT 7.0 on IELTS have a look on NHS doctors, NHS Nurses. If U want to see an 8.0 of IELTS, have a look on UK politicians, reporters, Lecturers etc. Foreign students in the UK is normally get 6.5
Pantaiema

alihatfield

Re: An 7.0 on IELTS

Post by alihatfield » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:44 am

Hi pataiema I am coudnt able to get your point can u explain
pantaiema wrote:To give a rough idea; If U want to see an IELT 7.0 on IELTS have a look on NHS doctors, NHS Nurses. If U want to see an 8.0 of IELTS, have a look on UK politicians, reporters, Lecturers etc. Foreign students in the UK is normally get 6.5

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: An 7.0 on IELTS

Post by pantaiema » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:47 pm

alihatfield

My point is just to shed light to people how different scores of IELTS look likes. Quite reasonable numbers of people do not sit for IELTS as they just use letter from universities to qualify for HSMP.

NHS doctors, NHS Nurses are required to score IELTS of 7.0. SO it is sensible to see them as a good exmaple of IELTS 7.0.

Foreign students in the UK are normally required to get IELTS of 6.5. Some universities accept 5.5 + 1-2 month English courses. FYI, quite reasonable number of foreign students in the UK has finished BSc but they still have not managed to get IELTS of 7.0. This is especially true if they took subjects which emphasises numeracy rather than literacy. The subjects include engineering, accounting/finance, science, IT/Computer science, etc
If U want to see an 8.0 of IELTS, have a look on UK politicians, Barristers/solicitors reporters, political/social science Lecturers. Preachers, etc. Foreign. If you achieve that level than the IELTS examiner do not mind to give you score of 8.0.

So U will get 8.0 if you could speak like Barristers/solicitors reporters, political/social science Lecturers. Preachers, etc.
The difference between speaking and Writing 8.0 vs. 6.0 like in your case is extremely unusual in IELTS but not impossible.

Normally people tend not to believe something which is too extreme witout very strong evidence is presented.
alihatfield wrote:Hi pataiema I am coudnt able to get your point can u explain
pantaiema wrote:To give a rough idea; If U want to see an IELT 7.0 on IELTS have a look on NHS doctors, NHS Nurses. If U want to see an 8.0 of IELTS, have a look on UK politicians, reporters, Lecturers etc. Foreign students in the UK is normally get 6.5
Pantaiema