ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa for parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aprilhsmp

visitor visa for parents

Post by aprilhsmp » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:45 pm

I am planning to apply family visitor visa my parents.

1. Can the visa be taken in advance. for example if they are planning to come in april, can they get their visa stamped in jan?

2. Is there any limit on number of family members who can get visitor visa at a time. for example if my brother also applies for visa at same time, would there be any issue?

3. Is there any constrain on the size of accomodation like it has to be of minimum 2 or 3 bedroom size?

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:06 pm

in answer to your questions:

1. yes, you can ask for the visa to be post dated to start on a date in the near future. make sure you make this clear on the application form.

2. as long as they all fulfill all the requirements. you would have to show they all have a reason to go back after their visit. the entry clearance officer may question why they are all visiting at the same time but this may be because they are all coming for an event....wedding/birthday/birth etc.

3. as long as it can accomodate the current occupiers and your visitors. i asked an estate agent to come and inspect my home. he then wrote me a letter confirming my property was xx number of bedrooms and it was big enough for my current family of xx plus xx number of additional visitors to stay. this was enough for the entry clearance officer.

the more info you can give in the application the better, try and make sure you cover every angle and don't give them any reason to question anything.

vinny

visitor visa for parents

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:17 pm

1. See also 1.3 - Validity of entry clearance and leave to enter.

2. I don't think that there are any limits to the number of applications, so long as they all satisfy the requirements for a visitor under the Rules.

3. See also 9.12 - Overcrowding.

See also Guidance - Visitors (INF 2).

See also Visa denials (same principle of showing "strong ties" to home country may be advisable for visitors to the UK).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:25 pm

You can only ask for the visa to be deferred for a maximum of three months.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!