ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport and financial penalty

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ketanvora
Newly Registered

Indian passport and financial penalty

Post by ketanvora » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:37 am

Hello,

Myself and my spouse acquired British Nationality on 12th Oct 2015. This is the date we took our oath and the date mentioned in our naturalization certificates.

We also got the registration certificates for our two children on the same day (i.e 12th Oct 2015). However, the registration certificates for the children are dated 15th Sep 2015.

We (all four of us in the family) made one trip to India - outbound on 16th Dec 2015 and inbound on 06th Jan 2016 using our Indian passport .

I know there is a grace period of 3 months for using Indian passport for travel without attracting penalties when surrendering the passports. Hence, my spouse and I would not be required to pay penalties. However I missed seeing the date of registration on my children's registration certificates (15th Sep 2015) and always thought that all of us got naturalized on 12th Oct 2015, since that is the date all the certificates were issued.

Can you please help clarify -
1. Will my children attract the penalty of £145 for the trip made to India (outbound 16th Dec 2015 and inbound 06th Jan 2016)? Can I argue my case that I received the registration certificates for my children only on 12th Oct 2015?
2. Is the penalty of £145 per trip (outbound and inbound) or is it £145 for outbound and £145 for inbound leg of the journey?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
KV

sham111

Re: Indian passport and financial penalty

Post by sham111 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:18 pm

Sorry to hear that,

Grace period only applied to surrender your passport once you are naturalise before you make any travel arrangements.

You would have to pay £145 per trip so would be £300 for onwards and return.

ketanvora
Newly Registered

Re: Indian passport and financial penalty

Post by ketanvora » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Thanks Sham111,

So for 2 children, I will have to pay £580? £145 for outbound + £145 for inbound for 1st child and the same for second child?
This seems wrong because I cannot use a different passport to come back when I have used the Indian Passport to go in.

Thanks, KV
sham111 wrote:Sorry to hear that,

Grace period only applied to surrender your passport once you are naturalise before you make any travel arrangements.

You would have to pay £145 per trip so would be £300 for onwards and return.