ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor for visitor visa for parents while being dependent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LEO 4565
Newly Registered

Sponsor for visitor visa for parents while being dependent

Post by LEO 4565 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:15 pm

Hi there,

I am on dependent visa currently. Main applicant is my husband (who has Tier 1 entrepreneur visa and running business in the UK), i have full time job and would like to invite my parents to visit UK.

My question is am i allowed to be a sponsor for my parents while being on dependent visa? I will be able to provide all the financial documents including bank statements for the last 6 months and payslips and cover letter stating that i will support my parents during their stay in the UK?

Any advise will be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Katrina

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sponsor for visitor visa for parents while being depende

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:25 pm

Yes you can BUT, your parents will need to meet the requirements for a standard visitor visa and provide documentary proof of THEIR circumstances (financial, personal, jobs, ties to home country) to convince the ECO that they are 'genuine visitors' and will leave the UK.

How long do they plan on visiting?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LEO 4565
Newly Registered

Post by LEO 4565 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:49 am

Thanks a lot for your help. Parents would like to come for 7-10 days.

Also i have a concern about accommodation. We are renting 1 bed apartment (myself and by husband). Can i state that my parents will be living in our apartment during their stay in London or it is better to book a hotel for them, so i can specify in my letter that i will cover all their expenses including tickets, hotel and others?

What the minimum amount they need to have on their account on the time of application if i am the sponsor?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:55 am

For a short visit of 7-10 days, your flat should be fine.

I am not aware of a minimum balance but they need to show that they have enough funds to support themselves etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LEO 4565
Newly Registered

Post by LEO 4565 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:34 pm

To be on the safe side whether booking in hotel for visitor visa is acceptable when i am a sponsor for my parents? And is it enough if my parents will show just one bank account on the name of my my father? Thank you in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:57 pm

Does your mother have a bank account?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LEO 4565
Newly Registered

Post by LEO 4565 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:05 pm

Yes, she does, however she doesn't use it, to meet requirements there are should be transactions for the last 6 months

LEO 4565
Newly Registered

Post by LEO 4565 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:01 am

Guys, could you please advise if am the sponsor for my parents and showing my UK bank statements for 6 months with sufficient funds to cover all their expenses and payslip for 6 months, do they still need to show all their transactions for the last 6 months or just a letter from bank with the balance on the their account on the time of application is enough? The reason i am asking this is that my parents are living in Ukraine and they don't use their bank account at all the time.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LEO 4565
Newly Registered

Visitor visa online application form

Post by LEO 4565 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi guys,

My parents would like to visit me under family visitor visa for a period of 10 days. They started to fill in online application form, however there is no option to fill in two forms under one application, so they could have one appointment for both of them at the same day and time.

There is an option apply for someone else, however i am not sure whether it is what they need and how to book one appointment for them at the end. How it works? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:00 pm

Please don't create multiple posts (click) with questions on the same application and please keep your questions in this thread. Also, don't post in forums not relevant to you (Tier 1 G).
My parents would like to visit me under family visitor visa for a period of 10 days. They started to fill in online application form, however there is no option to fill in two forms under one application, so they could have one appointment for both of them at the same day and time.
Two application forms, two appointments
There is an option apply for someone else, however i am not sure whether it is what they need and how to book one appointment for them at the end. How it works? Please advise.
That is if they are using an agent to apply or complete the form on their behalf. Two appointments but they should be able to go in together.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LEO 4565
Newly Registered

Post by LEO 4565 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:55 pm

Thanks a lot for your help.

One more question.

Do I need to fill in any special form if i am sponsoring my parents' short term stay in the UK (10 days) or just a letter saying that i will cover all their expenses + my financial documents are enough? Thanks in advance.

LEO 4565
Newly Registered

Post by LEO 4565 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:29 am

Hi there,

Could you please advise my parents are applying for UK visa, both of them are working, however all funds are hold on father's bank account as they have family budget. Father will enclose cover letter saying that his wife (my mother) has full access to his bank account.

I have a concern how to answer following question for mother: "The total amount of money you have for this trip".

Should she put half of funds father showing (she is working as well and will provide all the letters from HMRC to prove, she just doesn't keep funds on bank account). Thanks in advance.

I look forward to hearing from you.