ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relationship breakdown !! What to do now?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rachelA
Newly Registered

Relationship breakdown !! What to do now?

Post by rachelA » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:59 pm

Cbackground we have 2 children together. Applied for second DL 2 yers ago therefore my ex is due to apply for IL. He cheated we are splitting up. Can he change his application purely for access to his british children? Can he still apply for IL based on his children and not the relationship ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Relationship breakdown !! What to do now?

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:04 pm

I think he can if he has access/interest in the children...

Wait for others tho....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:05 pm

Yes if he continues to have access to your children he can apply under the parent route - FLR(FP). This would be a longer route to ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:09 pm

So instead of getting his IL this year after 6 years discretionary leave under the old rules, he would have to start all over again ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:10 pm

Yes, FLR(FP) is a 10 year route to ILR (4 x 2.5 year visas) or once he reaches 10 years long residence with a combination of leave to remain, he can apply for ILR based on long residence using form SET(LR), assuming the rules don't change.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:13 pm

Char, isn't it a 5 year route as a parent if all residence has been legal...10 years if not?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 81450.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:19 pm

Casa wrote:Char, isn't it a 5 year route as a parent if all residence has been legal...10 years if not?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 81450.html
@Casa, sorry yes it is. :oops: But the OPs partner will likely still reach 10 years long residence before that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:22 pm

So u mean the 6 years , combined with 4 years from the parental application then he can get IL. Don't know why I'm worrying about him and his situation. If he wanted to do the right thing he wouldn't have cheated on me in the first place. Now he's pressurising me to go through and help him apply for Il.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:32 pm

Yes he can combine all legal residence to qualify for ILR on a 10 year route if he's granted FLR(FP).
(Casa, not CR001)

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:43 pm

Ok thank you he will not want to do that but these are the consequences of having affairs ....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Unfortunately it is and I am sorry you have to go through this. The option of FLR(FP) is the only one he could probably go with if you don't support his ILR application with 6 years DLR. His other alternative is to leave the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:58 pm

Ok thank you he will not want to do that but these are the consequences of having affairs ....

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:03 pm

Do u think it's mean of me to make him do this? Am I harming the kids to spite him ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:05 pm

It is a difficult situation he has put you in. You need to decide logically what is best for you and your children. Animosity and ugliness will not be good but you should also not deceive HO in any way, they have a knack for finding these things out.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:12 pm

Following on from what CR001 has said, if you decide not to continue to live together don't support an application for ILR stating that you are.
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:26 am

I am surprised that you want to even set eyes on this chap, never mind the thought of assisting with ILR. Perhaps I came from a different planet.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:49 am

Obie you are totally right. He is a cheif manipulator. Even after seial cheating and actually fathering a child which is a few months old (that is why we are splitting up) he still has a hold on me through our own children.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:21 pm

Does he actually have any interest in the children, i.e. access etc? If not he has no grounds to remain.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:50 pm

Wanderer wrote:Does he actually have any interest in the children, i.e. access etc? If not he has no grounds to remain.
He might do Wanderer, under the right of access to the new child born outside of the marriage...depending on the circumstances.
(Casa, not CR001)

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:52 pm

Yes he does take an intrest in them he was the one to take them to school pick up etc but now is will be picking them up myself he had a good bond with them can't deny that. But he wants things on his terms all the time. I don't think you should have a right to dictate when you are the cause of the family breakdown. No court involvement at present

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:55 pm

He acknowledged the child when he's trying to get me jealous, but when we reconciled briefly he denied the child and now she will b taking him to CSA he has refused to do dna test

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:19 pm

rachelA wrote:He acknowledged the child when he's trying to get me jealous, but when we reconciled briefly he denied the child and now she will b taking him to CSA he has refused to do dna test
Might well be in your interest if he has no access or has no interest, then he would have no grounds to remain.

Shakespeare, Henry IV;

Oft have I heard that grief softens the mind,
And makes it fearful and degenerate;
Think therefore on revenge and cease to weep.

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:39 pm

I'm talking about the other woman's child. He has not denied our own children together and has been in their lives since their birth.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:41 pm

And in the words of the immortal John Rambo ...

Don't push it! Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go. Let it go!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:02 pm

If I inform the ukba now. What will happen to him? Would they deport him straight away or give him time to apply as a father