ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few Questions about Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Few Questions about Naturalisation

Post by Kindsoul » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi everyone, I am preparing my application in 2 weeks time and require some confirmation regarding some questions from all related people or who had filled and applied.

** in question 1.5 Surname/ Family name, I have filled as above
SHARMA/BHARAT

if it's correct I believe so then I suppose to leave 1.6 Blank

** in Question in Section 7 do I have to tick all the boxes ( 7.1-7.7) as I am applying for myself only ( no family members )
ALSO after 7.7 it states *Delete if not applicable ( What does it actually mean? )

Thanks very much in advance everyone.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: **Few Questions about Naturalisation**

Post by Arsal385 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:34 pm

bharatsharma wrote:Hi everyone, I am preparing my application in 2 weeks time and require some confirmation regarding some questions from all related people or who had filled and applied.

** in question 1.5 Surname/ Family name, I have filled as above
SHARMA/BHARAT

if it's correct I believe so then I suppose to leave 1.6 Blank

** in Question in Section 7 do I have to tick all the boxes ( 7.1-7.7) as I am applying for myself only ( no family members )
ALSO after 7.7 it states *Delete if not applicable ( What does it actually mean? )

Thanks very much in advance everyone.
Welcome aboard to a BC application. We both had a long journey of waiting for ILR in sept 2014.
Regarding your queries;

**Write only Sharma if it is your surname in 1.5, put your first name in 1.6
**You have to tick 7.1 to 7.6. For 7.7 I think it is for those who are applying on special circumstances. If you are not then strike that out.

There is one question which am not sure is do we need to include a marriage certificate although we are not applying for BC on the basis of marriage with British partner?

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:09 pm

Thanks very much Arsal385. Yes I do remember that time. It's nice to hear from with helping attitude. Thanks for the kind reply.

For 7.7 you mean we just leave it Blank?
With regards to your question which is 7.5 I guess is for those who are applying on Marriage basis ( married to british citizen) but again do we just leave it blank ? Or what? Hopefully someone senior can provide the appropriate answer.

Are you also in the process of preparing and applying?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:57 pm

7.7 you need to cross out and do not tick the box next to this question either.

If you are married, you need to list your spouse details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:58 pm

CR001 wrote:7.7 you need to cross out and do not tick the box next to this question either.

Many thanks CR001, I have listed my spouse details. However, do we still need to send copy of our marriage certificate?

I am not applying my BC application on the basis of married with a British/EU citizen.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:02 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
CR001 wrote:7.7 you need to cross out and do not tick the box next to this question either.

Many thanks CR001, I have listed my spouse details. However, do we still need to send copy of our marriage certificate?

I am not applying my BC application on the basis of married with a British/EU citizen.
No you don't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:31 am

Thanks very much for your help CR001. Much appreciated.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:31 am

Hi CR001
Can you please let me know about the option of 7.5 providing a copy of my spouse of civil partners passport, do I have to tick it or leave it black ( as I am not applying on the marriage basis and appliying myself only )

I truly appreciate your help. Thanks very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Few Questions about Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:17 pm

If your spouse is not British and you are not applying as spouse of British Citizen, you DO NOT have to send your spouses' foreign passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Re: Few Questions about Naturalisation

Post by Kindsoul » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:30 pm

CR001 wrote:If your spouse is not British and you are not applying as spouse of British Citizen, you DO NOT have to send your spouses' foreign passport.

Thanks very much but do I have to tick it or leave it blank?