ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The government are acting unfairly on legacy cases

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

breeze123
Newly Registered

The government are acting unfairly on legacy cases

Post by breeze123 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:42 pm

If you are one of those with scottish legacy cases, you are more likely (almost certain) to get leave to remain in Uk.
it is unfair for those who are legacy cases in wales Englnad and North of Irland. The government are planning to give leave to remain to all scotish legacy cases in scotland if there has been no involvement in criminality or fraud. I am qouting from Scottish Parliament's website:
Quote:Scottish Parliament

Wednesday 28 November 2007
On asylum seekers and refugees, we have made clear our principled position on a number of issues, such as our opposition to dawn raids and the detention of families in Dungavel. We believe that those with legacy cases should be given leave to remain if there has been no involvement in criminality or fraud, and that the right to work should be restored. This Government has acted swiftly in an area in which we have jurisdiction: asylum-seeking young people who have been studying in Scottish schools for at least three years will be able to apply for full-time courses

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/busin ... 128-02.htm
Last edited by breeze123 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JAJ
Australia

Re: The government are acting unfairly on legacy cases

Post by JAJ » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:28 pm

breeze123 wrote:If you are one of those with scottish legacy cases, you are more likely (almost certain) to get leave to remain in Uk.
Why? The Scottish Parliament does not control immigration.

love
Newly Registered

Post by love » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:52 pm

Yes, but they have a lot of influence. Local politics, labour lost and SNP won, so even though they don't control immigration they exert so much influence on it.

love
Newly Registered

Post by love » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:55 pm

My question is if this true, what can English, Welsh & Northern Irish Legacy cases do? Experts please take over :D

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:08 pm

Hello breeze123

They were just talking
The Minister for Communities and Sport (Stewart Maxwell): I am pleased to speak to and move the motion during the Parliament's equality and diversity week. I begin by making a clear and unambiguous statement about the Government's position. We are committed to an equal and fair Scotland in which we value the diversity of our people and recognise their different needs and aspirations; foster respect for others and challenge prejudice and discriminatory attitudes; and ensure that people's experiences and life chances are not impeded by unjust discrimination and systemic bias on account of their race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, belief or age........

............On asylum seekers and refugees, we have made clear our principled position on a number of issues, such as our opposition to dawn raids and the detention of families in Dungavel. We believe that those with legacy cases should be given leave to remain if there has been no involvement in criminality or fraud, and that the right to work should be restored. This Government has acted swiftly in an area in which we have jurisdiction: asylum-seeking young people who have been studying in Scottish schools for at least three years will be able to apply for full-time courses at universities and colleges—a move that has been widely welcomed.
This is what they have actually done as far as I can tell
This Government has acted swiftly in an area in which we have jurisdiction: asylum-seeking young people who have been studying in Scottish schools for at least three years will be able to apply for full-time courses at universities and colleges—a move that has been widely welcomed
They were not setting out what is going to happen to asylum seekers' outstanding applications in Scotland.

Regards

breeze123
Newly Registered

Post by breeze123 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:21 pm

Let me tell you something, IT SI NOT OFFICIAL
however, I believe that what is going to happen.wait and you will see
scottish Legacy cases fast traked at the moment
they don't control immigration but they exert so much influence on it.
I said more likely in first post

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:41 pm

Ok, you believe that Scottish Legacy cases will be fast tracked.

I disagree. The Minister was just giving his opinion. People in Government have a wide range of opinions. From what he said, it appears that he was talking about legacy cases throughout the UK anyway, not just in Scotland.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:19 pm

Immigration in the UK as a whole is dealt with by the Home Office.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.