ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Difference between 50K and 200K routes

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

govindrlohiya
Newly Registered
India

Difference between 50K and 200K routes

Post by govindrlohiya » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:34 am

I was going through the UKBA official website and I could see that there are 2 routes mentioned for Business visa. I would like to know what is the difference between 50K and 200K route.

The 50K route mentions:
-----------------------------
You can apply if you have access to £50,000 in investment funds from one or more of the following:

- a UK entrepreneurial seed funding competition endorsed by UK Trade and Investment (UKTI)
a UK government department making funds available for the purpose of setting up or expanding a UK business
- If you’re from outside the UK you can also apply if your funds are from a venture capital firm registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

You can also apply if you’ve already invested £50,000 in a UK business. You must have invested the funds less than 12 months before you apply.
------------------------------

And The 200K route mentions
------------------------------------
You can apply for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) if you have access to £200,000 in investment funds and you can prove that the money is either:

- your own
- made available to you by other people (‘third parties’), eg a husband, wife, partner or investor
- in a joint account with your spouse or partner but only if they aren’t applying for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa

The funds must be held in the UK if you’re applying for leave to remain.
-------------------------------------

So my question is what the difference between these 2 routes. For 50K, is it ok to show the funds as cash in bank account? What is 'UK entrepreneurial seed funding competition' and 'venture capital firm registered with the FCA'? Does it mean that 50K can not be shown as cash and should come through some other channel as funding?

In case of 200K it is clear that the whole amount can be shown as cash in bank accounts. It can be your own or borrowed from relatives and others.

I am bit confused about 50K route. Can anybody please clarify my doubts?

Thanks a lot in advance.