ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings and bank statements for ILR via limited company

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scoelho

Earnings and bank statements for ILR via limited company

Post by scoelho » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi All,

I have searched the forum before I came up with this post. Apologies if similar post is already exists in the forum.

Coming to my question.
I have been contracting through my limited company from the Past few years, I am due for my IlR in January 2016, i have enough earnings from the months of January till April this year in form of dividends and salary, so question is still I need to submit 12 months bank statements or its suffice to provide bank statements from above months ? If so I don't want to wait for my December bank statements and planning to apply for my IRL in end of December I,e 28 days before my 5yrs completion date. Appreciate your guidance here .

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Earnings and bank statements for ILR via limited company

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:51 pm

The first link given under Q1. Read the document.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

scoelho

Re: Earnings and bank statements for ILR via limited company

Post by scoelho » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Excellent thank you

scoelho

Two limited companies

Post by scoelho » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:25 pm

Hello All,

I am due for my ILR this month, I have been running a limited company since Oct 2012 and had a Tier 1 extension in June 2014 on the same limited company salary slips and dividends, however I closed the company in June 2015, and final accounts were prepared by my accountant in July 2015, then went into liquidation and other process. I closed my limited company because my contract ended and new company offered me a permanent role but somehow things didn't work out and they wanted me to hire me as a contractor, due to this reason I had opened a new limited company in july 2015 which is still active. I have paid corporation tax and remaining VAT and all taxes for my previous limited company and P45 was issued by my accountant. I am taking salary and dividends from my current limited company since July. I am showing my earnings period from Decemeber 2014 till November 2015 which covers my previous limited company and current limited company. Wanted to know from this forum will there be any questions from UKBA on closing limited company and opening a new one ? As such I didn't come across such restrictions from UKBA . Appreciate any advice from this forum if I have any to submit any additional documentation.

Thanks in Advance,
SS

scoelho

Re: ILR Checklist

Post by scoelho » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:21 pm

I am applying ILR in January 3rd week and I am planning to show my earning ( Payslips + Dividends) from Dec 2014 till November 2015 and relevant personal and business bank statements as well. After reading through this comment bit wondering if the statements says the payslips and bank statements should be not older than 28 days. Can you confirm this for me please.

Thanks and Regards,
SS

f317633

Post by f317633 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:01 pm

how can that be possible? the salary slips and relevant bank statements should not necessarily be within last 28 days. Use common sense, if i apply for my ILR in March and I am counting n my previous earnings from Jan15 to Dec'15, it can never be within last 28 days when I apply in March.

Unless I am missing something here.

scoelho

Post by scoelho » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:23 pm

f317633 wrote:how can that be possible? the salary slips and relevant bank statements should not necessarily be within last 28 days. Use common sense, if i apply for my ILR in March and I am counting n my previous earnings from Jan15 to Dec'15, it can never be within last 28 days when I apply in March.

Unless I am missing something here.
Exactly , that's the question I am posting , read through Casa statement in page 1

f317633

Post by f317633 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:30 pm

I think Casa is referring to other bank statements relating to maintenance? even though maintenance fund is not required for ILR. But salary slips and relevant bank statements to claim earnings point can be older than 28 days.

a comment from seniors/moderators will be much appreciated.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:40 pm

Maintenance funds are required for some categories when applying for ILR. For example:
Since 9 July 2012, the Immigration Rules have contained a financial requirement to be met by a person applying for entry clearance to, leave to remain in or indefinite leave to remain in the UK as the non-EEA national partner or dependent child of a person who is:
 a British Citizen; or
 present and settled in the UK; or
 in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

f317633

Post by f317633 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:49 pm

Just to confirm that maintainable fund is not required if the dependent got the Tier 1 visa with the main applicant and since then the dependent is on the same visa. I refer to in country applicants.

scoelho

Re: Two limited companies

Post by scoelho » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:20 am

scoelho wrote:Hello All,

I am due for my ILR this month, I have been running a limited company since Oct 2012 and had a Tier 1 extension in June 2014 on the same limited company salary slips and dividends, however I closed the company in June 2015, and final accounts were prepared by my accountant in July 2015, then went into liquidation and other process. I closed my limited company because my contract ended and new company offered me a permanent role but somehow things didn't work out and they wanted me to hire me as a contractor, due to this reason I had opened a new limited company in july 2015 which is still active. I have paid corporation tax and remaining VAT and all taxes for my previous limited company and P45 was issued by my accountant. I am taking salary and dividends from my current limited company since July. I am showing my earnings period from Decemeber 2014 till November 2015 which covers my previous limited company and current limited company. Wanted to know from this forum will there be any questions from UKBA on closing limited company and opening a new one ? As such I didn't come across such restrictions from UKBA . Appreciate any advice from this forum if I have any to submit any additional documentation.

Thanks in Advance,
SS
Hello Members,
Any suggestions?