ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retake English Test for FLR(M) Extension?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hprsq118
Newly Registered

Post by hprsq118 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:21 am

Hello all,

My wife's spouse visa renewal is due next month. As part of the initial successful application from India she had taken & used the TOEFL iBT test. Now for the renewal I understand she need not take another SELT English test but can reuse the same TOEFL iBT test certificate?

Under section 8.4 of FLR(M) application form it asks to tick the awarding body (in case you are relying on test which was accepted as part of previous application) however ETS (TOEFL iBT awarding body?) is not listed?

Can some one please help?

Thanks in anticipation.

hprsq118
Newly Registered

Re: Retake English Test for FLR(M) Extension?

Post by hprsq118 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:18 am

Dear all,

Could someone please advise? I have booked an appointment at Croydon this month and would like to re-use previous TOEFL test.

However wouldn't want any surprises at the application centre. Also worst come worst, if it were not acceptable, would they reject the application or put it on hold and request new test results?

Please help.

hprsq118
Newly Registered

Post by hprsq118 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:55 pm

Hello all,

I understand as per Appendix FM-SE clause 32D my wife could potentially reuse the TOEFL iBT test she had used succesfully as part of the initial visa application from India.

On the FLR(M) application form page no. 42 it asks to tick the awarding body if you are relying on a test which was accepted with your previous application. However it lists Cambridge English, City & Guilds, Pearson and Trinity College only. It doesn't list or provide ETS (who are is the awarding body for TOEFL) as an option.

I have read on other posts regarding ETS being not recognized by UKVI following the fraud investigation by BBC.

Does it mean that she cannot use it again (simply because they just don't provide it as an option)?

Also at worst (if it is not accepted) would they reject the application or ask and provide us time to get test from another provider ?

Can some one please share their views/experience? We have an appointment booked for next week and are quite uncertain about the reuse of TOEFL iBT test.

Thanks in anticipation.

jkdlondon
Newly Registered

Post by jkdlondon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:31 pm

Hi All, I am in the same boat. I am applying for wife's renewal next month and would like to know that can we use the "Cambridge ESOL entry 2" English certificate that we have used in May 2013 with successful application?

Please reply.

Bablu14
Newly Registered

Post by Bablu14 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:48 pm

same question as above. whether IELTS passed is allowed to use the result?

The form is confusing as it say " If you sat an English language test before 6 April 2015 you will not have a SELT unique electronic reference number. You may still be able to use your test with this application but only if it was accepted as part of a successful previous partner or parent application. See section 21e) of the FLR(M) guidance notes"

Is there anyone who knows the answer?

Bablu14
Newly Registered

Post by Bablu14 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:43 pm

Guys....may be there is some light...click on the link
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
or ...I have copied here for the extracts:-
Some qualifications on the Home Office’s list expire after 2 years.

You can use an expired test if:
you’re applying for citizenship and your B1 level qualification was accepted when settling in the UK
you’re applying to settle in the UK and your qualification was accepted for another UK immigration application, eg when you got permission to enter

You need to confirm your qualification with either a certificate or by checking that your results can be viewed online.

I hope it helps...

I am however will try to call Home Office to obtain an answer and update here...

Bablu14
Newly Registered

Post by Bablu14 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:53 am

Hi guys

I have called UKVI services 0300 123 2241 (option 4 and then then option 4 again) and they said that if it was IELTS then no further test is required. Seems like a result.

I have listed the numbers, so if you have a separate query, you can contact them.

Regards

hprsq118
Newly Registered

Post by hprsq118 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I spoke to UKVI as well and have been advised that previously used test (TOEFL iBT) can be reused for the FLR(M) extension.

On being asked that ETS (test provider of TOEFL iBT) is not listed on page no. 42 of the FLR(M) form I was advised that they cannot list all test providers. I was asked to simply write a covering letter explaining I am using previous test and send along with the application and that it should be accepted by the visa officer.

I hope this helps. We are going in for appointment next week and shall update.

Bablu14
Newly Registered

Post by Bablu14 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:19 pm

Thanks for sharing and starting this thread.

Good luck for next week.

Best wishes

jkdlondon
Newly Registered

Post by jkdlondon » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi Bablu14,

Thanks for the information. I think if they allow IELTS then they will allow ESOL as well.
I will call the number in a day or two and post the feedback.

Regards,

zicoliu
Newly Registered

Post by zicoliu » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:59 am

hprsq118 wrote:Hi Guys,

I spoke to UKVI as well and have been advised that previously used test (TOEFL iBT) can be reused for the FLR(M) extension.

On being asked that ETS (test provider of TOEFL iBT) is not listed on page no. 42 of the FLR(M) form I was advised that they cannot list all test providers. I was asked to simply write a covering letter explaining I am using previous test and send along with the application and that it should be accepted by the visa officer.

Any update? Were you able to use your ETS test results? Thanks

hprsq118
Newly Registered

Post by hprsq118 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:00 pm

No. Subsequently I spoke to UKVI and was advised that only those tested listed on the FLR(M) form as alternative previous tests would be accepted. They advised that those are the test covered by the transitional arrangements. In the end she had to take a new test with Trinity Colleage (GECE Grade 2 test).
zicoliu wrote:
hprsq118 wrote:Hi Guys,

Any update? Were you able to use your ETS test results? Thanks