ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Re: FLR(FP) application

Post by haris_zam » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:46 am

gameover_786 wrote:Hi haris_zam,

Mate I am not an expert to advise you but I can tell you what I will be doing with my wife's application.
I will apply FLR(M) and will post her application with a cover letter for varying from FLR (FP) to FLR(M) on the 20th Jan. And also will inform UKVI that I the husband has vary the application to SET (LR) . I will also attached PEO appointment booking confirmation just to backup my claim. I will also ask them to hold the application in case if I do not get the decision on the same day for my ilr application. The application will reach home office on 21st Jan which is the same day I have my appointment. Once I get the decision I will send an other letter to home office with copies of my ilr.

I hope all goes to plan. Just to give you timeline on my FLR (FP) . I posted the application on the 4th December, reached home office 7th December. Payment taken from account on the 10th December. Acknowledment letter received 23rd December dated 21st December. Still waiting for the Bio invite.

I hope that helps. All the best with your application.

Regards and happy New year

thanks for the reply budyy cr001,Ya i have a gap of 3 months and i may even apply for a variation within the same application if i fear early response i.e before 10 years completion and if i didnt hear from them then i may just vary to ilr straight away , i know its not ideal but thats the only bet.

cheers for the reply Gameover_786.

lets hope all goes well in sha allah for you.
my friend has recently informed me about the several requirements one has to meet in order to qualify for flr (M) ,besides financial ones. He was talking about the accomodation and that it should be suitable for us two and shant be overcrowded.well i deem myself to be living currently in a house which is overcrowded 7of us in a three bed house + an attic. They landlord has started some extension as well that may or may not be of any benefit in a jiffy.
is this matter serious to an extent that could lead to refusal??.. or one can get by by simply submitting a tenancy agreement ( which has not been initially done with the landlord any way).

Secondly, I live in Slough, i am planning for my wife to sit SELT B1 , i know flr requires A1 , but can she do B1 ,which is a higher Gese greade (5) ? How long is this test valid for ? any idea if there is any in the area?

Thirdly, are you using any solictor for any of this ? i am assuming i have some knowledge in the matter and would be more sincere to my aplication than any solicitor. do you rekon I can put in flr and vary to ilr at peo and vary wifes application by myself, i know there are technicalities involved too ... but i am too strained on the cash,and the prices of solicitors talk to the skies.

also when you apply for your and ur dependants ilr you didnot write anyletter to HO to hold her application right ??

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:15 am

haris_zam wrote:
gameover_786 wrote:Hi haris_zam,
cheers for the reply Gameover_786.

lets hope all goes well in sha allah for you.
my friend has recently informed me about the several requirements one has to meet in order to qualify for flr (M) ,besides financial ones. He was talking about the accomodation and that it should be suitable for us two and shant be overcrowded.well i deem myself to be living currently in a house which is overcrowded 7of us in a three bed house + an attic. They landlord has started some extension as well that may or may not be of any benefit in a jiffy.
is this matter serious to an extent that could lead to refusal??.. or one can get by by simply submitting a tenancy agreement ( which has not been initially done with the landlord any way).

Secondly, I live in Slough, i am planning for my wife to sit SELT B1 , i know flr requires A1 , but can she do B1 ,which is a higher Gese greade (5) ? How long is this test valid for ? any idea if there is any in the area?

Thirdly, are you using any solictor for any of this ? i am assuming i have some knowledge in the matter and would be more sincere to my aplication than any solicitor. do you rekon I can put in flr and vary to ilr at peo and vary wifes application by myself, i know there are technicalities involved too ... but i am too strained on the cash,and the prices of solicitors talk to the skies.

also when you apply for your and ur dependants ilr you didnot write anyletter to HO to hold her application right ??
Hi haris_zam,

Answer to your 1st question is yes it could lead to some problem. You need to show that the place you are living have enough space for both of you to live safely .
For your 2nd question the nearest trinity college test centre you have is in Hamer smith but you can check on their website.
I am not using any solicitor as my case is straight forward even though I have to buy some time to get to 10 years. I have applied for me and my dependant FLR(FP) and there is no need to tell UKVI to hold her application.

Regards

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:51 pm

Hi Haris_zam & Gameover_786,

As per to the passport copies getting stamped and verified, you would not need to do that. Your passport is with the home office. The copies you take with you would be enough to determine that. The HO checks it across there database for your application. They will be able to scan through your full 10 year immigration history in about 5 to 10 minutes on their database.

As far as it goes with proving the fact that your spouse is being accommodated with properly after your ILR, you would need to get in a CERTIFIED surveyor involved to make a report for yourself to be sent out to the home office. A friend of mine who got a surveyor involved is out of country for marriage. He shall return on 15th of Jan. I shall ask him for details. A rough guess for surveyors fee would be around £ 50.00

Lastly,(and most important) when it comes to varying applications from FLR(FP) to SET (LR) its a cost Vs risk analysis issue. If you were to send in your application by post to strictly vary application from FLR(FP) to SET(LR), that would take a couple of months to get through. If in the mean time while your application which was sent to HO in post is under consideration and there are changes in immigration laws, then that could seriously impact the desired out come of you trying to vary your application from FLR(FP) to SET(LR) especially if those new changes were to be of retrospective in nature. The only benefit I can see in this case is that you might be entitled to refund for FLR(FP) application. Your IHS would however be refundable anyway. This route is too lengthy and very risky taking into consideration the fact that too many people these days are making use of FLR(FP) to bridge the gap in 10 year long residency.

On the other hand if you were to apply for FLR(FP) and later hit your 28 days early to 10 year period before a decision on your FLR(FP) application is made, you can go for Premium Service putting in a fresh application. It is highly likely you might get a decision the same day (if you are single). This however also depends on the complexities surrounding your case, especially where you also have a dependent file on FLR(FP) with the Home Office. It is highly likely the Premium Service might grant you ILR in less time. The only downfall to it then would be that you would need to request your FLR(FP) file to be withdrawn in which case there would be no refund, your IHS would of course be refundable anyway. How you would manage to vary your dependents file after you secure your ILR is something beyond my knowledge and expertise as I am single. Other members with similar experience of dependent file might be able to shed some light on it.

When I was in for my premium appointment, following questions were asked as part of credibility interview,

1) Am I single or married.
2) Am I working. (I said No.)
3) Is this your NI number. (I said yes and the case worker did some checks to which I am not aware of as screen was not visible to me)
4) Do I have my driving license with me and have there been any traffic offences in which I was involved in. (I said No and checks similar to point 3 above were carried out on their computer.)
5) Any periods of overstaying. (I said No and checks were carried out)

The fact that one is single or married is something which might bring about a time delay of about 2 to 3 weeks in the HO making a decision for an individual getting his/her ILR through premium appointments.

Hope that was bit helpful.

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:19 am

Just a brief update,

My gap was 6 months 18 days in total. Applied for Premium Service SET LR 28 days early after 5 months 20 days gap. Got ILR granted the same day. Biometric Card arrived the THIRD day in post.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:54 am

JaguarXF wrote:Hi Haris_zam & Gameover_786,

As per to the passport copies getting stamped and verified, you would not need to do that. Your passport is with the home office. The copies you take with you would be enough to determine that. The HO checks it across there database for your application. They will be able to scan through your full 10 year immigration history in about 5 to 10 minutes on their database.

As far as it goes with proving the fact that your spouse is being accommodated with properly after your ILR, you would need to get in a CERTIFIED surveyor involved to make a report for yourself to be sent out to the home office. A friend of mine who got a surveyor involved is out of country for marriage. He shall return on 15th of Jan. I shall ask him for details. A rough guess for surveyors fee would be around £ 50.00

Lastly,(and most important) when it comes to varying applications from FLR(FP) to SET (LR) its a cost Vs risk analysis issue. If you were to send in your application by post to strictly vary application from FLR(FP) to SET(LR), that would take a couple of months to get through. If in the mean time while your application which was sent to HO in post is under consideration and there are changes in immigration laws, then that could seriously impact the desired out come of you trying to vary your application from FLR(FP) to SET(LR) especially if those new changes were to be of retrospective in nature. The only benefit I can see in this case is that you might be entitled to refund for FLR(FP) application. Your IHS would however be refundable anyway. This route is too lengthy and very risky taking into consideration the fact that too many people these days are making use of FLR(FP) to bridge the gap in 10 year long residency.

On the other hand if you were to apply for FLR(FP) and later hit your 28 days early to 10 year period before a decision on your FLR(FP) application is made, you can go for Premium Service putting in a fresh application. It is highly likely you might get a decision the same day (if you are single). This however also depends on the complexities surrounding your case, especially where you also have a dependent file on FLR(FP) with the Home Office. It is highly likely the Premium Service might grant you ILR in less time. The only downfall to it then would be that you would need to request your FLR(FP) file to be withdrawn in which case there would be no refund, your IHS would of course be refundable anyway. How you would manage to vary your dependents file after you secure your ILR is something beyond my knowledge and expertise as I am single. Other members with similar experience of dependent file might be able to shed some light on it.

When I was in for my premium appointment, following questions were asked as part of credibility interview,

1) Am I single or married.
2) Am I working. (I said No.)
3) Is this your NI number. (I said yes and the case worker did some checks to which I am not aware of as screen was not visible to me)
4) Do I have my driving license with me and have there been any traffic offences in which I was involved in. (I said No and checks similar to point 3 above were carried out on their computer.)
5) Any periods of overstaying. (I said No and checks were carried out)

The fact that one is single or married is something which might bring about a time delay of about 2 to 3 weeks in the HO making a decision for an individual getting his/her ILR through premium appointments.

Hope that was bit helpful.
Dear JaguarXF;

Thanks for your post was quite helpful. However, i am not clear as to if i were to book an appointment for SET LR at the peo before a decision was reached on my FLR FP why there would be just a refund of IHS surcharge and not the application fee as well, I have heard on the contrary to this that you get a full refund ,correct me if I am wrong.Furthermore I have taken a view of a possible escape from the quicksand (Solicitors) and do the case on my own since I am on tier4 and work part time i cant afford a solicitor , or may be i can if it was so badly required i'd take a desperate plunge. Its that I will be financing all of these applications from a committee amongst some aquaintances, which is not that much of a sum, besides taking loan from few friends. considering the p.e.o fees and other expenses it will be difficult to pay for a solicitor who would roughly charge ~2000 if not more for all the applications.
I have another question , since my current leave is expiring in April and my masters programme has finished with one paper to go on which I wont be given any extension from the college they said. So i managed to pull out a letter that i was aauthorised to work full-time till April as i wont be studying at the college next semester which starts Feb. if i work full time ( looking for jobs currently) and considering i am on tier 4 should it be a problem , and if i continue working full time even after April ...since I would need to work towards 18600. I cant seem to find a proper job in accounts until i get an Ilr i believe, so im trying to get a job in a week in sha allah in a jewellery shop or tesco so that i have 6 payslips by July . With the former however it is cash in hand but the owner is an uncle of my very close friend who told me he can get his accountant to make payslips for you ,which should be ligit . so these are on the table for now, but i dont want to be at point where a caseworker argues that i have gone over 20 hours and then i try to explain him and he may take the wrong end of the stick .. i have a pdf of the college letter on me.. how unsafe would this be ?

Many Thanks

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:11 am

Hi haris_zam,

As to the following,
However, i am not clear as to if i were to book an appointment for SET LR at the peo before a decision was reached on my FLR FP why there would be just a refund of IHS surcharge and not the application fee as well, I have heard on the contrary to this that you get a full refund ,correct me if I am wrong.
As per to the above, I am waiting on my refunds for FLR(FP) and IHS fee. With regards to the refunds for FLR(FP) £649.00 I myself have never been clear about it from the very beginning. Different stories for refunds to FLR(FP) application keep coming to surface all the time. To the best of my understanding the way it works is as follows,

1) You send in a SET(LR) application by post to vary from FLR(FP) and pay just the difference between the two, £1500.00 - SET (LR) minus £659.00 - FLR(FP) = £841.00 the remaining balance for SET(LR) by stating the amount of £841.00 on your SET(LR) file to be deducted through your bank account. However, as stated earlier, this is a long and risky process. Risky in a sense that the case workers are required to read both the FLR(FP) and SET(LR) files at the same time.

Please go through the following website for 3C and 3D leave,

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

It states at page 23 as follows,
Effect of variation on original grounds
Unless the applicant makes it absolutely clear they want their application to be considered on the varied grounds only, you must consider both:
• the original application grounds, and
• the variation of the original application.
If you have any doubt about the grounds the applicant is applying under you must ask them to clarify
I made my application for SET(LR) to be considered on the new varied grounds only i.e for SET(LR) only. Hence my file for SET(LR) was not required to be read in conjunction with the previous FLR(FP) file. And hence the reason why I state that in my case it would be highly unlikely to get a refund for FLR(FP), IHS of course still stays refundable.

I would say go through the whole document a couple of times to get a better understanding of how variation from one file to the other works.

2) The second way is to put in a fresh application 28 days early to 10 years through Premium Service. You would however have to pay the full fee of £1900.00 online. What happens to the refunds for FLR(FP) in this case is something I am still waiting on. What my solicitors said is that you have put in a fresh application as change of circumstance which has been accepted with immediate effect. And so in this case your FLR(FP) application will be considered as withdrawn. When an application is considered as withdrawn by the applicant themselves then there are no refunds for that file.

Page 19 at the same website as stated above is worth reading,

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf
3C and 3D leave
Applications to vary leave during 3C leave

This page tells you what to do if an applicant attempts to submit a further application when they are covered by section 3C leave.
While the person’s leave is extended by section 3C or 3D, they cannot make a new application to extend leave. Section 3C does, however, allow the person to vary the grounds of their application at any time before it is decided by the Secretary of State. This is as a result of the Court of Appeal’s decision in ‘JH (Zimbabwe) [2009] EWCA Civ 78’.
A variation can:
• change the:
o length of time the person is applying to remain in the UK
o reasons the person is applying to remain in the UK
• allow someone to reflect a relevant change of their circumstances since the original application
• be made even if this requires the application to be made on a different form to the one required for the original application.
For more information on varying an application, see related link.
Whether you send in an application by post to vary your leave or go for premium appointment with fresh application, refunds for the first FLR(FP) is totally at the discretion of the case worker. This is because work has already been started on your file and it is the applicant himself or herself who has requested to put a stop to the first FLR(FP) application.

My solicitors have however written to the Home Office for refunds of both the FLR(FP) application and IHS fee. Only time will tell the probable outcome of the said. I shall however update about the refunds when I receive a response from the home office.

You stated,
I have another question , since my current leave is expiring in April and my masters program has finished with one paper to go on which I wont be given any extension from the college they said. So i managed to pull out a letter that i was authorized to work full-time till April as i wont be studying at the college next semester which starts Feb.
How are you authorized to work full time until April when your semester starts in Feb. So you would be working Feb, Mar and April full time while your semester at college is in full swing starting Feb???????????
And who is authorizing this work??????? More over have you completed a bachelors degree awarded by a University in the UK to enable you to say that you do not require a English language course. If yes then good and if not then how are you going to avail your masters degree in time to send it to the Home Office for English language requirements. Please clarify this with Home Office that if a letter from college itself for masters (without any degree which you get after degree awarding ceremony) would be sufficient enough to show that you don't require English Language requirements.

Further to your following statement,
but i dont want to be at point where a caseworker argues that i have gone over 20 hours and then i try to explain him and he may take the wrong end of the stick ..

I can only but give an example of one of my friends who sent his student extension for tier 4 general adult about 2 years ago and the Home Office through his NI number traced him working while he was not allowed to work at all. Although he crossed his 10 years about a year ago but this breach in his immigration status has since put him, his wife and four dependents in a lot of trouble going through appeals process etc. and is currently still on hold. Dear friend to the best of my knowledge, once you do not meet the requirements of the college for passing all modules in time, the college is under strict duty to let the HO know of this. I am not aware of how you and your college will manage this aspect of your outstanding module. If your college knows that you have crossed your 5 year threshold of bachelors and masters and that the likely hood of you is that you might not be granted any further extension to cover your outstanding module and your college draws this to the attention of HO, then it is highly likely that your current student visa might get curtailed to two months.

Let me give you an example of my University. Believe it or not, we in our course had to complete 13 modules in 7 months + thesis in 4 months. We by the University were allowed to fail 2 modules in total getting below the pass mark of 50% . We had 4 students who failed more than two modules in the 7 month period. There study cam to halt as these students were not allowed by the University to continue and after these students got notified to the home office by the University, there visas were curtailed down to two months. In our case since we were allowed to fail two modules in total, there were hence NO resits allowed.

To work full time or part time or not at all is something which is not decided by a college letter but by the Secretary of the State. Standard timings for University students doing masters as it stands correct at the time, is 20 hours during term time per week and full time during vacations like, Easter holidays, Summer vacation, Christmas and the 4 months after the course completion period. You need to clarify about working with both the college and the home office. To me it sounds a bit dodgy.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:07 pm

Dear Jaguar;
thanks for clarifying the fees issue and certainly it is one of the much debated topic.My friend has recently applied for his ilr after varying his flr fp 3 times( initial + 3variations) 4th variation was ilr before due time and now recently after reaching the benchmark of 28 days he has sent a fresh ilr thereby demanding refund for the previous ilr of 1500 . and he got refund of the previous 3 and ihs for his 4th one and awaiting the rest. strange as it may sound but his solicitor is grinding it he is very upfront and knows what hes doing I personally has never been so moved by a solicitor but he remains the exception, i personally spoke to him about my case he's given me hi business card but he is very expensive and will cost me a fortune so I am still pondering I would like tonspeak with my abu g and get his advise as well but he will again say u do what u think is right dont worry about finsnces etc, but id rather not shove him into this. However with what solicitor did its not something that i encourage or advise let alone doing it but he had to cover 8 months. bottom line if we get the application refund well and good if not ,beggers cant be choosers..

secondly the working letter is given by my college which is very strict , but my visa is till April so its those 4 additional months at the end of the course months which are allowed anyway ,so they are not curtailed . the college is deemed a tuition provider and has taught me all modules including the one i am left with which is a minor one really , i left it in the end thinking itll get me extension and ill do it in thr end .Our msc is like Acca exams you can sit the exam from pakistan as well there are no dissertstions just 3 hours written exams, thats the reason they wont give extension saying go and do it back home. lol. All my exams so far i have distinction Alhamdulillah and the college liked me but all things come to an end. If the Msc was a course that was only attached with the institute and wasnt global they would have given me the extension . but Alhamdulillah that option is no more.... but i called them and they said I can work full time and thus got a letter , they will never give something that gets them in trouble. so i guess these 4months I can work and since i could work at the time of my flr fp application in April , can i assume i can continue to work as i will be deemed in that position until i get the reply or apply ilr?

I have completed Acca and have a Uk bachelors degree obtained in 2012. so language shouldnt be a problem, just waiting on a LIUK book from my friend and will get that out of the way too In sha Allah .

the remaining module I shall pass in june exam and get the degree in sha allah in november 2016.

just a question , I came to the uk in 2006 when i was 17 so i turned 18 here. Is turning 18 in Uk a strong ground to be mentioned in the flrfp .. just saying... :roll:

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi haris_zam,

FLR - FP Eligibility requirements at the following state that,

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/eligibility
Private life in the UK (10-year route)

You must be able to prove that you’re:

1) Between 18 and 24 and you’ve lived continuously in the UK for more than half your life
2) 25 or over and you’ve been in the UK continuously for 20 years
3) 18 or over and you’ve spent less than 20 years in the UK, but you’d find it hard to live in another country, eg because you have no friends or relationships there
4) Under 18 and you’ve lived in the UK continuously for at least 7 years, and it would be unreasonable to expect you to leave the UK
Looking at the above you would not seem to be a successful applicant to qualify for FLR -FP on the basis of private life.

Secondly if you follow the following link at page 66 for Point 271,

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... v_V1_0.pdf
271. If you are allowed to work, you must not fill a full-time permanent vacancy (other
than on a recognised Foundation Programme) unless you are either on the
Doctorate Extension Scheme and you have successfully completed your course
or:
• you have successfully completed a course at degree level or
above at a Sponsor that is a UK recognised body or a body in
receipt of public funding as a HEI from the Department of
Employment and Learning in Northern Ireland, the Higher
Education Funding Council for England, the Higher Education
Funding Council for Wales or the Scottish Funding Council; and
• you have made a Tier 2 application supported by a Certificate of
Sponsorship assigned by a licensed Tier 2 Sponsor before your Tier 4
leave has ended (and any appeal against that decision has been
determined; and
 you will be employed in the role for which that Certificate of
Sponsorship was assigned; and
• you have yet to receive a decision on your Tier 2 application.
Please be careful as although you are allowed to work full time during your remaining 4 months period, still you are not allowed to fill in a full time vacancy through a signed contract.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:04 pm

yea i guess flr fp is to drag time . many of us dont qualify for it, did u qualify ??? .. i can still apply for flr fp ,because i aim to vary it.

thanks for the info on the contract . i wont be signing a contract but will produce payslips that i have worked fulltime... its very vague in that you can work full time but not sign a contract. well to me it is .. i believe i will just work without a contract . :wink: cheer pal

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:26 pm

All the best. Good Luck.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:56 pm

thanks for ur help ma brother

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:28 pm

Dear members,

I am currently in the process of compiling the following cover letters,

1) Cover Letter for SET(LR)
2) Cover Letter for Variation from FLR - FP to SET(LR)
3) Cover Letter for Variation from FLR - O to SET(LR)

The above Cover Letters would be abstracts form Cover Letters written by professional solicitors. Abstract in a sense that all personal details would have been omitted for obvious reasons. For ease of understanding, the Cover Letters would clearly be highlighted in red as to where to input your personal details.

Keep an eye on this thread as the Cover Letters get uploaded in near future.

Kindly remember me in your prayers.

All the best.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:25 am

JaguarXF wrote:Dear members,

I am currently in the process of compiling the following cover letters,

The above Cover Letters would be abstracts form Cover Letters written by professional solicitors. Abstract in a sense that all personal details would have been omitted for obvious reasons. For ease of understanding, the Cover Letters would clearly be highlighted in red as to where to input your personal details.

Keep an eye on this thread as the Cover Letters get uploaded in near future.

Kindly remember me in your prayers.

All the best.

thanks brother .

will keep an eye In sha Allah
God bless..

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:40 pm

Dear Moderators,

I would like to attach the following cover letters in Ms Word with this post,

May I please ask, how do we attach Ms Word file in a post. I tried looking for possible options but couldn't find any.

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:47 pm

JaguarXF wrote:Dear Moderators,

May I please ask, how do we attach Ms Word file in a post. I tried looking for possible options but couldn't find any.

Thanks.
There isn't one.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:42 pm

JaguarXF wrote:Dear Moderators,

Thanks.

brother just copy paste it in multiple messages all three in three messages possibly?

arm0207
Newly Registered

Post by arm0207 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:27 am

JaguarXF wrote:Hi haris_zam,

Its a pity how these solicitors play with peoples future. I had been to my solicitors. Although they are genuine but they cost me a fortune to vary my FLR(FP) file to SET(LR). To be honest SET(LR) file is much more straightforward and easier to fill when compared to FLR(FP). My recommendation would be to hire a solicitor for FLR(FP) but when it comes to varying a file to SET(LR) an individual can do that themselves provided they have a proper knowledge of drafting the "Cover Letter". No doubt the cover letter drafted by my solicitors for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR) is impressive but it cost me lot of money.

I shall in future get a copy of the cover letter for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR) uploaded for the members at this forum. Personal details would however be omitted for obvious reasons. Hopefully this shall help people save a lot of money in future for variation to SET(LR). Members, you only need a proper cover letter for variation from FLR(FP) to SET(LR). The SET(LR) file just like Tier 4 General adult student is not that difficult to fill in, that you can do yourself. Save your money.

Hi JaguarXF,

I am in a very similar situation to yours. My Tier 1(entrepreneur) extension is due end of March whereas my 10 years are going to be completed on 14th October 2016. I wouldn't like to apply for extension so I was looking for the best way to cover the 6 and half months gap. I have read most of your posts they are very helpful, thanks very much for all the information. May God bless you for the excellent work you have done.
I need a favor from you, Would you mind sharing your solicitor's details to me or refer me to them? I have been speaking to loads of solicitors recently but all of them give different advises. So I might use the one that has experienced a case similar to mine before.
Please pm me if it's not allowed to be shared on the forum.

Best Regards,

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi arm0207,

May I ask please which city are you based in???

arm0207
Newly Registered

Post by arm0207 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:51 pm

JaguarXF wrote:Hi arm0207,

May I ask please which city are you based in???
I'm based in London

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:12 pm

Hi arm027,

You are based too far away, Approx 400 miles off from where I live. Won't be convenient for yourself.

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi haris_zam,

Am trying to get my head around getting Cover Letters in one piece. Shall update as soon as a solution is formed.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:01 am

JaguarXF wrote:Hi haris_zam,

Am trying to get my head around getting Cover Letters in one piece. Shall update as soon as a solution is formed.

no worries bud. tyt..

JaguarXF

Post by JaguarXF » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi members,

Please follow the following links for required SET LR Cover Letters,

First go to the following link (You do not need to create an account),

http://wikisend.com/download/

Then enter respective codes for the required file,

1) Cover Letter for SET(LR) [File ID: 234562] [Enter Download file] [Enter Download File again]
2) Cover Letter for Variation from FLR - FP to SET(LR) [File ID: 549506]
3) Cover Letter for Variation from FLR - O to SET(LR) [File ID: 405140]

The above link is valid for 90 days only. After that I shall appreciate if other members can have the files uploaded again for future use. The codes will of course change when files get uploaded again in future.

Filling in a SET(LR) form where no variation is required would be pretty straight forward. If you are varying leave from FLR FP to SET LR then you might want to add the following in capitals with black pen on your SET LR form for clarification. This of course is only applicable where the SET LR form does not changes significantly,

SET(LR) Version 11/2015

Page 4 : Section 1 - Payment Details SET(LR) [ Write in Capitals in black next to it - PREMIUM SERVICE]

Page 9: C4. Encircle current Passport, Tick No and state beneath it in black WITH THE HOME OFFICE

C5. Encircle Passport and write next to it in black WITH THE HOME OFFICE

Page 13: D11. Tick Yes

Enter in the Box:
FLR FP APPLICATION SUBMITTED ON [Enter date] via SPECIAL DELIVERY (REF NO: Enter Post Office Special Delivery Reference No.). CATEGORY PRIVATE LIFE IN THE UK (10 YEAR ROUTE). PAYMENT REFERENCE NO. CARD DETAILS WERE PROVIDED ON THE FLR FP FORM. HOME OFFICE REFERENCE NUMBERS, [Enter most recent and all Home Office Reference Nos for FLR-FP Biometrics letter etc.]

Minimum docs required for SET LR:

1) Life in the UK test pass letter
2) B1/ or degree transcripts and certificate.
3) 2 most recent passport sized photographs
4) UKBA Premium fee letter for £1900
5) Proof of address: DVLA license or bank statement or tenancy agreement (The more the better but taking any one of the docs will do the job)
6) Copies of the current Passport (This is the one which is with the home office for FLR FP)
7) All previous original passports.
8. Copies and original (if still with yourself) of all previous BRP card
9) Immigration history and travel history to be stated in SET (LR) form. (Better if you still have your airlines tickets which you used for travel. If you do have them or can reproduce it from the airlines website then take these with you to your appointment. It will help the case worker.)
10) Photocopies of all the documents you intend to take with you to the Premium Appointment. This includes photocopies of each and every page of all of your current and previous passports.

I have tried my best to state everything possible for getting your ILR with the stated instructions. I must however emphasize that I am not a solicitor by profession. If you are in any doubt about filing in your documents for SET LR, then please do seek help from a solicitor. I DO NOT under any circumstances take responsibility of your actions following these instructions.

It has been great being with you guys at this forum. But It's time I say goodbye and wish all the best to everyone. This is my last post at the forum. If you do find this post helpful then please leave a feedback for other members to follow. Kindly remember me in your prayers.

God bless you. 8)

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:15 pm

JaguarXF wrote:Hi members,

Please follow the following links for required SET LR Cover Letters,

First go to the following link (You do not need to create an account),

http://wikisend.com/download/

Then enter respective codes for the required file,

1) Cover Letter for SET(LR) [File ID: 234562] [Enter Download file] [Enter Download File again]
2) Cover Letter for Variation from FLR - FP to SET(LR) [File ID: 549506]
3) Cover Letter for Variation from FLR - O to SET(LR) [File ID: 405140]

The above link is valid for 90 days only. After that I shall appreciate if other members can have the files uploaded again for future use. The codes will of course change when files get uploaded again in future.

Filling in a SET(LR) form where no variation is required would be pretty straight forward. If you are varying leave from FLR FP to SET LR then you might want to add the following in capitals with black pen on your SET LR form for clarification. This of course is only applicable where the SET LR form does not changes significantly,

SET(LR) Version 11/2015

Page 4 : Section 1 - Payment Details SET(LR) [ Write in Capitals in black next to it - PREMIUM SERVICE]

Page 9: C4. Encircle current Passport, Tick No and state beneath it in black WITH THE HOME OFFICE

C5. Encircle Passport and write next to it in black WITH THE HOME OFFICE

Page 13: D11. Tick Yes

Enter in the Box:
FLR FP APPLICATION SUBMITTED ON [Enter date] via SPECIAL DELIVERY (REF NO: Enter Post Office Special Delivery Reference No.). CATEGORY PRIVATE LIFE IN THE UK (10 YEAR ROUTE). PAYMENT REFERENCE NO. CARD DETAILS WERE PROVIDED ON THE FLR FP FORM. HOME OFFICE REFERENCE NUMBERS, [Enter most recent and all Home Office Reference Nos for FLR-FP Biometrics letter etc.]

Minimum docs required for SET LR:

1) Life in the UK test pass letter
2) B1/ or degree transcripts and certificate.
3) 2 most recent passport sized photographs
4) UKBA Premium fee letter for £1900
5) Proof of address: DVLA license or bank statement or tenancy agreement (The more the better but taking any one of the docs will do the job)
6) Copies of the current Passport (This is the one which is with the home office for FLR FP)
7) All previous original passports.
8. Copies and original (if still with yourself) of all previous BRP card
9) Immigration history and travel history to be stated in SET (LR) form. (Better if you still have your airlines tickets which you used for travel. If you do have them or can reproduce it from the airlines website then take these with you to your appointment. It will help the case worker.)
10) Photocopies of all the documents you intend to take with you to the Premium Appointment. This includes photocopies of each and every page of all of your current and previous passports.

I have tried my best to state everything possible for getting your ILR with the stated instructions. I must however emphasize that I am not a solicitor by profession. If you are in any doubt about filing in your documents for SET LR, then please do seek help from a solicitor. I DO NOT under any circumstances take responsibility of your actions following these instructions.

It has been great being with you guys at this forum. But It's time I say goodbye and wish all the best to everyone. This is my last post at the forum. If you do find this post helpful then please leave a feedback for other members to follow. Kindly remember me in your prayers.

God bless you. 8)

Bless you buddy ,you've been a great help to me , and its kinda sad to see you doing your farewells, but please do keep an eye on the form and guide us through our ilrs, i will be updating about my Flr and Ilr , possibly making a new thread on success and will inbox you time to time.
inbox me ur details and be my guest when you come towards London. In sha Allah.

please take good care

rizarifpk123456

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:37 pm

Jaguar XF

Seems like i just arrived ate this thread a day late and has missed a very informative person on the forum just by a day or so.
Dear JaguarXF your posts have been of a great help to us as i finished reading almost all of your post in a day and they are very helpful to us.

Please Stay Happy and may God grant your wishes may yiu be able to achieve your goals in life. God Bless you.