ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next Step...Application approved

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skilachi

Next Step...Application approved

Post by skilachi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:30 pm

Hello,

My BC application has been approved and got a letter from HO stating be low in the letter

"CITIZENSHIP INVITATION APPLICATION FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP BY xxxxxxxxx" and asked to attend a citizenship ceremony to receive your certificate, which I've booked a private ceremony with the council.

Few questions

1. After swearing the oath, believe that's when the certificate will be presented to me?
2. I intend applying applying for my passport same day after the ceremony, can I use the check and send service at the post office or will need to send it off by post myself?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Next Step...Application approved

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:04 pm

1. Yes

2. Yes, you can use check and send after your ceremony
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:02 pm

Once passport application is made, is there a passport interview? when does that happen? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:03 pm

Yes. After you have submitted your application and once they have done some checks. You will get a letter to book your interview date/time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:34 pm

CR001 wrote:1. Yes

Thanks CR001.....I was looking at the application form I picked up at the post office this evening. there is another 3rd method of applying

- In person at a customer service centre, which I believe is a fast track/premium applications. Does this apply to first time adult passport applicants?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:02 pm

skilachi wrote:
CR001 wrote:1. Yes

Thanks CR001.....I was looking at the application form I picked up at the post office this evening. there is another 3rd method of applying

- In person at a customer service centre, which I believe is a fast track/premium applications. Does this apply to first time adult passport applicants?
To apply in a customer service centre or using fast track/premium applications is NOT available for first time adult applications. You can only apply by post yourself or using check and send.
Char (CR001 not Casa)