ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renouncing British Citizenship to use EEA FP route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lissa6

Re: Renouncing British Citizenship to use EEA FP route

Post by Lissa6 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:12 pm

sp84 wrote:Hey again folks - I did not check the thread for a few weeks and was surprised to see so many responses!

I am glad those people that renounced a few months ago, are finally getting their responses! I sent my RN form off at the end of November. On Dec 1st 2015 I got a reply via email - stating that they had received my form and provided me with a case #. They also took the payment straight out of my account around the same date. It has not even been 2 weeks yet, so I did not expect to hear anything else as of yet anyway.

tigerram - I cannot believe they asked for proof that you are British! You sent your passport am I right? If so that is disgusting! With you saying that - I would not be surprised then if the same thing happened to me. I sent my old British Passport (expired in 2011 & have been using my Irish Passport ever since) - which clearly states, born in BELFAST. On a cover letter I explained that the passport has expired (never renewed) and that it clearly shows that I am a British Citizen.

One quick question for anyone out there as well ... I did not send a return/stamped envelope or anything like that. Should I have? On my cover letter I simply stated the return address where I would like my documents and RN form sent back to (I am currently in the USA).

Thanks everyone & I hope the Christmas shopping hasn't got anyone too stressed out yet!

Hi sp84,

Glad to hear you had some sort of response back even by email. I have had no correspondence, the only way I know someone has seen it is that the money went off my account (besides using a courier service!).
I think I am going to be emailing the complaints email Louise sent through, as I phoned the other day, and it wasn't 6months exactly to the date, so they won't help at all!
The woman did suggest that I send a self addressed envelope to them now with a cover letter, but I don't know if this is worth it. I am on 22/23 weeks wait now!

I am in South Africa, so our postal system isn't always reliable. So lets hope it's not sitting somewhere in the depths of the postal offices!

Christmas shopping, so fun! But sadly it will be a hot Christmas again for us. Merry Christmas to all!! :)

sp84

Post by sp84 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:57 am

Lissa6 wrote:
sp84 wrote:Hey again folks - I did not check the thread for a few weeks and was surprised to see so many responses!

I am glad those people that renounced a few months ago, are finally getting their responses! I sent my RN form off at the end of November. On Dec 1st 2015 I got a reply via email - stating that they had received my form and provided me with a case #. They also took the payment straight out of my account around the same date. It has not even been 2 weeks yet, so I did not expect to hear anything else as of yet anyway.

tigerram - I cannot believe they asked for proof that you are British! You sent your passport am I right? If so that is disgusting! With you saying that - I would not be surprised then if the same thing happened to me. I sent my old British Passport (expired in 2011 & have been using my Irish Passport ever since) - which clearly states, born in BELFAST. On a cover letter I explained that the passport has expired (never renewed) and that it clearly shows that I am a British Citizen.

One quick question for anyone out there as well ... I did not send a return/stamped envelope or anything like that. Should I have? On my cover letter I simply stated the return address where I would like my documents and RN form sent back to (I am currently in the USA).

Thanks everyone & I hope the Christmas shopping hasn't got anyone too stressed out yet!

Hi sp84,

Glad to hear you had some sort of response back even by email. I have had no correspondence, the only way I know someone has seen it is that the money went off my account (besides using a courier service!).
I think I am going to be emailing the complaints email Louise sent through, as I phoned the other day, and it wasn't 6months exactly to the date, so they won't help at all!
The woman did suggest that I send a self addressed envelope to them now with a cover letter, but I don't know if this is worth it. I am on 22/23 weeks wait now!

I am in South Africa, so our postal system isn't always reliable. So lets hope it's not sitting somewhere in the depths of the postal offices!

Christmas shopping, so fun! But sadly it will be a hot Christmas again for us. Merry Christmas to all!! :)

Hi Lisa! I have no idea how to quote just your response haha so I'm sorry that I also included my previous one!

That's a disgrace that they haven't even confirmed via email! What has annoyed me the most, reading the posts of others - is that the entire system seems very inconsistent. Some people have heard nothing, others have heard via email, others have had problems getting them to accept payment and even tigerram (I hope the wedding went well btw!) being asked to actually provide further proof that he is British! With the little evidence that you can actually send for something like this, it should be pretty cut and dry. Some applications are taking 4 months or so, others are taking 6 ... And the procedures themselves really should be the same for everyone. If one person got an email, everyone should!

Even the whole thing about the return envelope!! The website just says - if you are applying from anywhere else in the world, send the form to Liverpool, THE END. No mention of return envelopes etc. I don't even know how a return envelope would work regarding paying for postage. How can my post office here, judge how much it is going to cost my documents back - and will Royal Mail on the UK end, accept a stamp paid for in dollars etc (You can tell I don'y know a whole lot about the postal system haha) - I'll maybe chat to the post office here tomorrow and see what they say - I am still early in my process so I have plenty of time to do it still.

These boards really have been a God send though - just being able to communicate with others going through the process helps a lot - makes it feel like less of a "black hole" that you are in by yourself!

Be sure to keep everyone updated (I will do the same - though it won't be for a while yet I am sure!) I am in California myself, so I absolutely understand about the warm Christmas! Speaking of which, I hope everyone has a brilliant one (and that Lisa, you get your form back with no complications!) !

Lissa6

Post by Lissa6 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:36 am

Hi Sp,

No problem! just delete what you don't want to include when replying :) Sorry for the late response. Been sick this side.

Did you go ahead and send through an Envelope at all?
My 6 month date is coming soon, so I may just phone again soon and see if they will help! It's costly to send the envelope in an envelope from this side, and not money that we have right this moment...

It is frustrating that I didn't even receive an email confirmation. It's all very out of order in most people opinion!
Well at least Christmas is just around the corner. Hopefully we can all enjoy it without worrying about papers and things. Although we need to get over there ASAP!

Have a good Christmas :)

sp84

Post by sp84 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:39 pm

Hey Lisa!

I haven't sent an envelope over yet (I haven't had a chance to go talk to the post office workers here to see how the process would work). I am only in week 3, even though it feels a lot longer than that - so I still have plenty of time to get an envelope to them. I might do it after the new year. A normal envelope from the US to the UK only takes around 10 days to get there. Absolute worse case scenario - I can get in touch with them and change my mailing address to my UK address - then have family forward it on to me here.

I've been feeling a little twitchy lately - mainly due to all the EU immigration talk on the news. On one side I have Sky News almost screaming that THEY WANT THE VOTE IN MAY 2016 ... whereas the BBC are saying the most likely time is end of 2016/early 2017.

One thing that I have always wondering regarding the vote and I'm not sure anyone really knows the answer - but lets say for argument sake, they have the vote in May 2016, and the result is an "out" vote/or "in" with tougher immigration laws for non EU spouses. I would like to assume that things wouldn't exactly change the very next day? I assume it will take time to pass and implement new procedures etc - meaning that up until they come into play - the current free movement laws will stay in place after the result of the vote (if that makes sense).

I think I read somewhere, that if a member nation of the EU wishes to leave - they have to let the EU council know 2 years in advance - seeing as this affects a whole range of things from immigration, to currency, to markets and trade - so that they can basically negotiate their leaving of the EU. Now I am far from being an economist or anything like that, but it was just a thought. I am hoping it is not just as simple as one day the UK is in the EU, and then the next day (after the vote) they are out.

Sorry for rambling a little - I am just hoping that I have enough time to get the renunciation completed and get back home - before things change :(

As you said though - I am going to try not to worry about it especially over Christmas! Hope you feel better and again - get your forms back soon!

Merry Christmas!

Lissa6

Post by Lissa6 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Hey again,

Well from what I understand there would be a good period of time before any laws could be changed. From what I hear it is not just a one day this another day that scenario.
Like you said! There are a lot of things that would need to take place, countries and scenarios that would need to be sorted out.
So I wouldn't worry to much about that.. There is stuff enough time, unless of course they pull something sneaky out, which would be difficult to do with the amount of people and countries watching!

On a more happier note, we received my RN today! YAY! Finally. It was dated the 12th November. So it took a bit longer to get here, but made it. Oh, and they sent it via registered mail. So hopefully yours will come through via some form of registered mail too. :)

sp84

Post by sp84 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:32 pm

Lissa6 wrote:Hey again,

Well from what I understand there would be a good period of time before any laws could be changed. From what I hear it is not just a one day this another day that scenario.
Like you said! There are a lot of things that would need to take place, countries and scenarios that would need to be sorted out.
So I wouldn't worry to much about that.. There is stuff enough time, unless of course they pull something sneaky out, which would be difficult to do with the amount of people and countries watching!

On a more happier note, we received my RN today! YAY! Finally. It was dated the 12th November. So it took a bit longer to get here, but made it. Oh, and they sent it via registered mail. So hopefully yours will come through via some form of registered mail too. :)

FANTASTIC NEWS LISA! That was a nice early Christmas present!!! I am glad to hear that they did mail it over to you OK - all be it that you got it several weeks later! That means that your application really took around 4.5 months? Which has been the same for some others here. I am sure you will have a much more settled Christmas because of it! I'm delighted for you!

Be sure to keep in touch with the next stages of the journey and let us know how it goes!! - Do you mind doing me a huge favour? ... All of the telephone #'s etc that you used to get in touch with the Home Office - would you mind posting them here, or sending a private message with them? I have a feeling that I may need them at some point over the next few months.

Merry Christmas again & thanks for the support!

Lissa6

Post by Lissa6 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:24 pm

sp84 wrote:
Lissa6 wrote:Hey again,

FANTASTIC NEWS LISA! That was a nice early Christmas present!!! I am glad to hear that they did mail it over to you OK - all be it that you got it several weeks later! That means that your application really took around 4.5 months? Which has been the same for some others here. I am sure you will have a much more settled Christmas because of it! I'm delighted for you!

Be sure to keep in touch with the next stages of the journey and let us know how it goes!! - Do you mind doing me a huge favour? ... All of the telephone #'s etc that you used to get in touch with the Home Office - would you mind posting them here, or sending a private message with them? I have a feeling that I may need them at some point over the next few months.

Merry Christmas again & thanks for the support!
Hi,

Hope you had a great day yesterday.

Here are the contact details I have -

Email address for complaints - complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk(this was given to one of the other ladies when her 6mnth period was up to write into, I did write in but didn't receive an answer.. although it was a few days before Christmas! I also had to write back to say sorry and that I received it. haha)

The contact number - 030012322523 (This takes you through to someone that is a bit more helpful than the general number you would get for the UK border Agency. It will ask you if your application has taken more than or less than 6 months etc. So just follow the prompts :)

I applied on the 9th July and the paperwork said the 12th November that it was process. I'll be on and off this site, I am sure! Looking into the next steps.

Already, I am having difficulties with the application site for visas! The joys! hehe

tigerram

Post by tigerram » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Hey all,

The number above is not the border agency. It is 03001232253. That number is a private number.

I have literally just returned from Hong Kong (cream crackered but happily married, yay! ) to find no letter from the Home Office :( The office is closed today it seems. I will try tomorrow; hopefully it's a case of 'it's in the post' so we can send that pesky visa application. My new wife is very disappointed; she thought we could book an appointment tomorrow for submitting documents but we dare not do this in case they ask for more evidence that I am British?!?

I tried logging into this forum from my mobile, to be told that my account was permanently banned and my ip address blocked? Perhaps it's from logging into this site from abroad. I hope so and I hope I have not done anything to incur a ban (if indeed I have, then goodbye and thanks to everyone who has helped me!) So all in all, my return to the UK hasn't started so well today.

Congratulations Lisa! How is it going with the visa application?

Lissa6

Post by Lissa6 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:56 pm

tigerram wrote:Hey all,

The number above is not the border agency. It is 03001232253. That number is a private number.

I have literally just returned from Hong Kong (cream crackered but happily married, yay! ) to find no letter from the Home Office :( The office is closed today it seems. I will try tomorrow; hopefully it's a case of 'it's in the post' so we can send that pesky visa application. My new wife is very disappointed; she thought we could book an appointment tomorrow for submitting documents but we dare not do this in case they ask for more evidence that I am British?!?

I tried logging into this forum from my mobile, to be told that my account was permanently banned and my ip address blocked? Perhaps it's from logging into this site from abroad. I hope so and I hope I have not done anything to incur a ban (if indeed I have, then goodbye and thanks to everyone who has helped me!) So all in all, my return to the UK hasn't started so well today.

Congratulations Lisa! How is it going with the visa application?
Hi tigerram,

Oops maybe i copied the number incorrectly from Louis. Sorry about that!! Thanks for correcting.
Congratulations on your marriage! :) Glad to hear you had a fantastic time!

I got your message and its been posted, so I can only guess like you said that it was because you were logging in from overseas. Sorry your documents weren't waiting for you that would have been the icing on the cake so to speak :)

So far the visa app hasn't gone great, I went to the website Visa4UK which do all the visa applications for the UK and I hear Europe. You have to register (the account is available for 2years) however, when i have tried to register (on numerous occasions) I just get a "your application was unsuccessful" and tells me to go to the help page.
I don't know if this is because I am applying from South Africa, but I just can't get past the registration process to go to the application process.
It is apparently a BETA website, which could possibly have something to do with it... Anyway, I tried phoning, the supposed South Africa number only to be put through to the UK answering machine which states its closed - Opens on the 26th December and then closes again on the 31st December, only to open again on the 1st January (2015 according to the answering machine...)
So I will try again tomorrow since it was a holiday in the UK. Lets hope!

tigerram

Post by tigerram » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:57 pm

That is strange Lisa, my wife has had no trouble registering in Hong Kong. Maybe it is linked to isp address, which of course can be covered over? Post the link to the website you have and I'll see if I can log in with our account (of which we can't complete yet!)

Well, I rang that number yesterday and basically was told to wait. I read back through the thread and rang again, chose option 1 then 2 then 2 and now have been told the nationality department will call me within 5 working days with a proper update. They have had my last bit of superfluous information since 14th December, so the whole thing seems to me like a complete farce. It's just extended waiting time now.

tigerram

Post by tigerram » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:22 pm

Just so people know what they are dealing with:

I received an email this afternoon with this in:

In your email you complain about receiving a letter asking you to provide evidence to prove that you are British.  You say that the letter does not make clear what documents are required to prove you are British.

I am sorry if you found the letter to be unclear as to what documents were required. 
(Cheeky so and sos - it wasn't just unclear, it was absent - and they ignore my point about Fermanagh obviously being in the UK)

A letter was sent to you on 24 December to say that you are now registered as having renounced British Citizenship.

No proper apology, but hey.

Two hours later, I received a call from the home office. A woman basically knew nothing about my case, whom I had to explain everything to, told me that the process hadn't been completed. I read her the email, and she then said it had been completed...

We are dealing with an idiotic system, perhaps ran by idiots with a political agenda. Perhaps. I am glad I got all the dates in writing, conversations logged and recorded deliveries. They are only going to get more adept at messing people about. I think they are a joke and I find it hard to have respect for them as an institution.

Anyway: YAYYYYY! Visa app time. Surely that will be a breeze, hahaha...hahaha. Umm...

Lissa6

Post by Lissa6 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:11 am

tigerram wrote:That is strange Lisa, my wife has had no trouble registering in Hong Kong. Maybe it is linked to isp address, which of course can be covered over? Post the link to the website you have and I'll see if I can log in with our account (of which we can't complete yet!)

Well, I rang that number yesterday and basically was told to wait. I read back through the thread and rang again, chose option 1 then 2 then 2 and now have been told the nationality department will call me within 5 working days with a proper update. They have had my last bit of superfluous information since 14th December, so the whole thing seems to me like a complete farce. It's just extended waiting time now.

Hi tigerram,

I finally figured it out! I was trying to phone them but then was told it would cost an extra 1.37 (pound) per minute. Which is hell on our budget at being R25.00 per minute. Finally, after having a few people try, I managed to register.... I have a gmail.com account, when I tried a hotmail account it went through. So just be aware incase you have gmail.. Although you may have registered already!
The website didn't even tell me the email address was invalid.. and the person that emailed me back just gave me the FAQ's page. Which didn't help..

As you say, idiotic... but anyway! I'm so happy you have been renounced!! And got some email clarification as well. (Although also idiotic and no apologies, at least now you know!) :)

sp84

Post by sp84 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:34 pm

Hey Lisa & tigerram,

Thanks a lot for the telephone number and the email address. I am only in to week 5 now, so still have a while to go yet. It will be good to have the contact information handy for when the time comes!

Big congrats to you both on getting your RN confirmation back - I hope the next stage goes a lot smoothly. Keep us updated!

Tigerram - I would also like to ask what documents you sent with your RN form when you initially applied? Just wondering what made them ask for further evidence of your British Citizenship? And trying to determine if I should have other things ready JUST in case.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:24 pm

sp84 wrote:Hey Lisa & tigerram,

Thanks a lot for the telephone number and the email address. I am only in to week 5 now, so still have a while to go yet. It will be good to have the contact information handy for when the time comes!

Big congrats to you both on getting your RN confirmation back - I hope the next stage goes a lot smoothly. Keep us updated!

Tigerram - I would also like to ask what documents you sent with your RN form when you initially applied? Just wondering what made them ask for further evidence of your British Citizenship? And trying to determine if I should have other things ready JUST in case.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
I guess Tigerram may not have sent a British passport [or copy of it]. We'll see what he says, but I'm guessing that might have encouraged them to question him further.

tigerram

Post by tigerram » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:14 pm

The letter came today! The email they sent out saying the letter had been sent on the 24th was wrong - it merely had been completed on that day. It was only posted on Monday. I spoke to a case worker and she had no answer - or apology - for what happened. Seriously, they haven't a clue.

But I have the letter! :)

Chaoclive - you suspect correctly. I initially sent in an Irish passport. My place of birth was on it. I would expect someone in immigration to know that Fermanagh is in the UK...everything was there if they had looked at it properly. Maybe I expect too much of a professional body. Anyway, nuts to them, 197 days later it's done. Visa time!!

sp84

Post by sp84 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:04 am

Brilliant tigeraam, congratulations. Hope it all goes well.

With you saying they asked for more information it just had me worried about the documents that I sent. I sent my Irish Passport card and my expired British passport, both of which show Belfast as the place of birth. I pointed that out in the cover letter. I suppose if they don't accept a British passport as proof of being British, then I don't know what to say haha!

I am on day 35 of what feels like a whole lot more! I would like to think that if they had not questioned your British citizenship, then you maybe would have gotten it a little earlier.

RJF1979

Post by RJF1979 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:59 pm

Hi sp84 how are you?

I'm on day 35 as well

The only things I sent was my British passport & my Irish passport but I have my Irish passport card so I can still travel around Europe, and get married.. I didn't send a cover letter just my 2 passports & my birth certificate..

Hope we will here soon too mate

Take care

sp84

Post by sp84 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:13 pm

RJF1979 wrote:Hi sp84 how are you?

I'm on day 35 as well

The only things I sent was my British passport & my Irish passport but I have my Irish passport card so I can still travel around Europe, and get married.. I didn't send a cover letter just my 2 passports & my birth certificate..

Hope we will here soon too mate

Take care
Hey RJF1979! I'm doing good thanks! I'm sure I am a bit like yourself - counting days and checking the news regarding the referendum haha!

I know the cover letter wasn't a necessity - what I typed up was more of a "please find the following documents enclosed" letter ... Then all I did was say things like 1) Expired British Passport (this was never renewed after it expired, as I have used my Irish Passport to travel 2) Irish Passport card - to show that I currently hold Irish citizenship etc

I am in the USA at the minute, so I elected to send my Irish passport card, rather than my actual passport book - that way I can still travel worldwide if need be.

It is good to be in touch with someone that is actually at the same point as myself. That way we can track each others progress/dealings with the Home Office.

Just curious, did you receive a confirmation email when they received your application with a case number? I did, but I know others have not. Are you in Northern Ireland yourself? That seems to be where a few people here are from/trying to get to.

Cheers!

RJF1979

Post by RJF1979 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:29 am

Hi sp84 how are you? Thank you getting back to me :D :D

Flip me the referendum is scarey thought to be honest, it's on the news everyday. Yes counting down the days till the RN comes through, hopefully we will know around the same time

I sent off my RN on the 19th of November and got to the Liverpool office on the 20th of November by recorded delivery, I got a letter from them on the 30th of December but it was dated the 23rd of December & my payment didn't go out of my bank account till the 4th of January.

I got no email to comfirm they received my RN

I still live here here in Northern Ireland from kesh co,Fermanagh my fiancé is from Venezuela so plan to get married this year, & we can start our lives together.

As I don't earn £18600 a year to bring your non eu wife or husband to the uk to live with you it's a silly rule to be honest but it's the way it is.. That why I'm doing the RN & apply for the eea family permit..

Thank you again sp84 and hope to here from you soon

sp84

Post by sp84 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:50 pm

RJF1979 wrote:Hi sp84 how are you? Thank you getting back to me :D :D

Flip me the referendum is scarey thought to be honest, it's on the news everyday. Yes counting down the days till the RN comes through, hopefully we will know around the same time

I sent off my RN on the 19th of November and got to the Liverpool office on the 20th of November by recorded delivery, I got a letter from them on the 30th of December but it was dated the 23rd of December & my payment didn't go out of my bank account till the 4th of January.

I got no email to comfirm they received my RN

I still live here here in Northern Ireland from kesh co,Fermanagh my fiancé is from Venezuela so plan to get married this year, & we can start our lives together.

As I don't earn £18600 a year to bring your non eu wife or husband to the uk to live with you it's a silly rule to be honest but it's the way it is.. That why I'm doing the RN & apply for the eea family permit..

Thank you again sp84 and hope to here from you soon
Hey RJF1979,

I wonder if I received an email confirmation because I am applying from overseas (although I know Lisa didn't and she is in South Africa). Strange. I got the confirmation email on December 1st and I think they took the money out on the 2nd if I remember right. Now it is just a waiting game.

I actually moved to the USA, from Belfast around 5 days after the £18k rule came in (July 2012) and got married here. I was teaching back home (so I would have been above the income threshold) ... It's ironic because the whole reason I moved here, was because I thought the USA was the harder country for me to get in to - and that if it came to it, I could just show up back home at any time (silly me!). I feel backed into the corner almost regarding the renunciation, so it really is now or never. The thought of having to separate again, find a job etc back home and go through the 5 year Home Office procedure is daunting. As chaoclive has mentioned on several ocassions, I suppose we are lucky that renunciation is even an option for us. There are many that can't do that.

My target is to have the RN form back and move home by the summer of 2016 - so fingers crossed!

Enjoy the weekend folks!!

RJF1979

Post by RJF1979 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi sp84 how are you mate?

I'm grand just getting over a bit of flu that half my work place has,

After I'm married and my RN comes through, then apply for for the EEA family permit hopefully we get fingers & everything crossed

Hope to here from you all soon take care

magicmus

Post by magicmus » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi there, what waiting times are we seeing for renunciations at the moment

RJF1979

Post by RJF1979 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi maglcmus how are you? Going by the people on this forum it takes 4.5 months

I'm coming up 2 months on the 20th January

Check with others on this forum take care

sp84

Post by sp84 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:57 pm

magicmus wrote:Hi there, what waiting times are we seeing for renunciations at the moment
Hello magicmus,

When I first started looking in to renunciation (May of 2015), the wait time seemed to be around 3 months. From the summer of 2015 onward - the processing time seems to be from anywhere between 4.5 - 6 months ... just depends how lucky you are from the sound of things. I am in my 6th week now.

Hey RJF1979,

Things are grand here thanks! Just busy working away. My plan is the same as yours (only difference being, that I am already married). The RN form seems to be the biggest hurdle to get over (just through reading peoples experiences) - then hopefully the EEA permit is pretty straight forward. Just on that, tigeramm and Lisa - any update on how you are progressing?

Thanks!

magicmus

Post by magicmus » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:39 pm

It doesn't seem to say anywhere an official processing time or does it and I'm just missing it? I'm currently waiting on my Irish passport which I'm expecting in next 10 days or so then I am going to apply for the Irish passport card and send that as proof of my Irish citizenship for renunciation of british. I was hoping to apply for the eea family permit at end of June but if rn takes 6 months we won't be able too