ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK employment VISA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mightyjoejo
Newly Registered

UK employment VISA

Post by mightyjoejo » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Hi all,

I recently completed my masters from uk university. I still have 2 months of my student VISA pending (until january 31) after which I will be applying for IGS visa.

I cannot apply for IGS visa until I receive my masters results/transcripts from the university. The Uni says it will be sent via post sometime in january 2008.

I am having a job offer in hand at the moment but I do not know what to do.

I do not have a precious salary or previous job experience. I have this first time job offer here, but am unable to apply for a IGS VISA since I havent yet received my marksheets/transcripts.

Is it possible for me to apply for an HSMP? since I have a job offer?

vnvijay

Re: UK employment VISA

Post by vnvijay » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:54 pm

Hello,

You can definitely apply for the HSMP, but u need to fulfill certain criteria to apply for HSMP.

Try the below link, it should help you a lot,
http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... .html#HSMP.

vijay

mightyjoejo wrote:Hi all,

I recently completed my masters from uk university. I still have 2 months of my student VISA pending (until january 31) after which I will be applying for IGS visa.

I cannot apply for IGS visa until I receive my masters results/transcripts from the university. The Uni says it will be sent via post sometime in january 2008.

I do not have a precious salary or previous job experience. I have this first time job offer here, but am unable to apply for a IGS VISA since I havent yet received my marksheets/transcripts.

kck9
BANNED

Re: UK employment VISA

Post by kck9 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:09 am

mightyjoejo wrote:Hi all,

You can work fulltime for couple of months while you are on student visa provided you have valid proof that you completed you course and just waiting for results, this is LEGALLY allowed. Also your employer need to accept this. You can assure your employer that you are going to change to IGS as soon as you get the degree certificate. In case of any queries you can tell him to speak to the Home office and am sure they can clarify that. As you said you haven't got any previous earnings, previous jobs, it is highly unlikely to get the HSMP. But you can verify the link provided in the previous post...hope this helps