ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful Naturalisation Application.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shaha93
Newly Registered

Re: Unsuccessful Naturalisation Application.

Post by Shaha93 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:36 am

Hi to all I m new
I request for reconsideration of British nationality
12/12/2015
But I am still waiting for the money to be taken from my account please anyone can inform me how long they will take

rella5

Post by rella5 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:35 am

Shaha93 wrote:Hi to all I m new
12/12/2015
But I am still waiting for the money to be taken from my account please anyone can inform me how long they will take
Not too sure because mine has not been taken yet and it's over a month I sent it.

rella5

Post by rella5 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:36 am

I received the £80 just last week.

Shaha93
Newly Registered

Post by Shaha93 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:30 am

rella5 wrote:
Shaha93 wrote:Hi to all I m new
12/12/2015
Not too sure because mine has not been taken yet and it's over a month I sent it.
Hi rella5
Wen you request for reconsideration

rella5

Post by rella5 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:33 am

Just checked.
12/12/15

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:36 pm

Shaha and rella
You both apply on same date :o

I believe, Home office deliberately holding application until the new Immigration rule (14/12/14) affected, to control migration.
rella5 wrote:Just checked.
12/12/15

rella5

Post by rella5 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:28 pm

Rassel wrote:Shaha and rella
You both apply on same date :o

I believe, Home office deliberately holding application until the new Immigration rule (14/12/14) affected, to control migration.
rella5 wrote:Just checked.
12/12/15
Just a coincidence. Mine was received 12/12/15.

No letters yet from them.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi,

FYI - home office does not send any sort of acknowledgement for reconsideration applications (First hand experience)

The only confirmation you'll ever get is when £80 are taken from your account.

Regards
all is well that ends well

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Yes Ali hsn is right.
They just take out money from acc, did not send any letter.
ali_hsn wrote:Hi,

FYI - home office does not send any sort of acknowledgement for reconsideration applications (First hand experience)

Regards

rella5

Post by rella5 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:07 am

ali_hsn wrote:Hi,

Regards
Very true Ali.

£80 taken from my account just this morning.

Thanks

rella5

Post by rella5 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:15 am

Also, may I find out if there is a biometric registration required for Nationality Reconsideration???

Thanks.

Salman1212
Newly Registered

Post by Salman1212 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:28 am

Hi I applied for citizenship in May 2015 and my application has been refused as they say I obtained toeic with help of a proxy test taker. I was refused ilr on the same allegation and I had submitted my toeic and ielts certificate that they didn't see.i wrote them a letter saying I have sent them ielts.i was given ilr after which I went to my home country on my return I faced the same question from border control that my toeic was fraudulent they held me for five hours and later appologized and cleared me .now I have been given nr application form for review I don't know where I stand.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:34 am

Salman1212 wrote:Hi I applied for citizenship in May 2015 and my application has been refused as they say I obtained toeic with help of a proxy test taker. I was refused ilr on the same allegation and I had submitted my toeic and ielts certificate that they didn't see.i wrote them a letter saying I have sent them ielts.i was given ilr after which I went to my home country on my return I faced the same question from border control that my toeic was fraudulent they held me for five hours and later appologized and cleared me .now I have been given nr application form for review I don't know where I stand.
Reconsideration is usually on the basis of HO improperly following their procedures &/or errors on points of law (eg mis-applying Immigration Regulations).
If such a circumstance has arisen you can apply for reconsideration of the original decision.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

London20

Post by London20 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:47 pm

Salman1212 wrote:Hi I applied for citizenship in May 2015 and my application has been refused as they say I obtained toeic with help of a proxy test taker. I was refused ilr on the same allegation and I had submitted my toeic and ielts certificate that they didn't see.i wrote them a letter saying I have sent them ielts.i was given ilr after which I went to my home country on my return I faced the same question from border control that my toeic was fraudulent they held me for five hours and later appologized and cleared me .now I have been given nr application form for review I don't know where I stand.
Salmon did HO revoked your ILR?

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:13 pm

Casa wrote:As fellow moderator sushdmehta has previously commented, if you call the HO 'helpline' 10 times, you're very likely to be given 10 different answers. :|
That's generous. I've heard you can get 11......
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:38 pm

avjones wrote:
Casa wrote:As fellow moderator sushdmehta has previously commented, if you call the HO 'helpline' 10 times, you're very likely to be given 10 different answers. :|
That's generous. I've heard you can get 11......
No guarantee of course that any of them are correct. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

luvuaman
Newly Registered

Post by luvuaman » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:49 pm

Hello

Anyone here got rejected because of Criminal Conviction (non-custodial)?? I applied for nationality after waiting for 3 years( you have to wait for 3 years from date of conviction as per guidelines) and its still pending, so just wanted to know if anyone been into this situation before?? Thnks