ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kadik
India

ILR questions

Post by kadik » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:30 pm

Hi All,

This is very helpful forum and thanks for all the moderators and gurus. I am planning to apply ILR this month and needed your help.

Both myself and my wife got bachelors degree (B.Com) from the Madras university (India) and we have a letter from the Uni that the degree was taught in English. I have also confirmed that the PBS Calculator is awarding 10 points for the degree.

A) My questions: which box to tick on the application form:
And either
• A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to question 4.5 below); OR
• An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗˗UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
˗˗the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR
▪▪You are a national of a majority English speaking country (as in the list at https://www.gov.uk/english-language)

B) My wife's degree does not spell out her last name (example: "Jane Pedlow" per her passport, but the degree certificate and the medium letter states as "Jane.P"). Will this be an issue or do I have to get additional document?

Planning to include the following documents:
- Degree Certificates
- Letter from university confirming the medium of lang is english.
- PBS calculator printout

kadik
India

Re: ILR questions

Post by kadik » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:57 am

Hi Moderators.

Any help on the above question? Again, thanks for all your support and help.