ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Content of Covering Letter with AN application - URGENT

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Content of Covering Letter with AN application - URGENT

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:59 am

Morning moderator,

I have an NCS appointment at 1pm today and have an urgent query. I had visa refusal back in 2007 which was later allowed by Immigration Judge and was on 3C leave whilst waiting for my in time application and in time appeal.

To cover this, I have attached a covering letter which shows my full immigration history of my LTR applications granted/rejected in a tabular form and also clarified the HO allegation on my visa refusal and later allowed by Immigration Judge.

Do think its too detailed as I heard the more information we provide to HO the more time HO takes to dig out information by saying that its an extremely complex case?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Content of Covering Letter with AN application - URGENT

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:11 am

They have access to all your immigration history. A cover letter is not usually required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:18 am

CR001 wrote:They have access to all your immigration history. A cover letter is not usually required.
Thanks but I was advised here that I should mention in the first place about my previous visa rejection which was subsequent allowed by Immigration Judge and attached court determination letter to avoid any potential rejection...

Am I correct in doing this?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:16 pm

You would normally enter any additional information on the page dedicated for further information not covered in other sections in the AN form.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:29 pm

cs95tdg wrote:You would normally enter any additional information on the page dedicated for further information not covered in other sections in the AN form.
Thanks I have also done that but due to lack of space I have also mentioned this in a covering letter with more detail.

Have an NCS appointment in an hour...
Last edited by Arsal385 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:32 pm

That should be fine. I'd take that with you and ask the NCS advisor to submit it along with your other supporting documents if you prefer.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:17 pm

cs95tdg wrote:That should be fine. I'd take that with you and ask the NCS advisor to submit it along with your other supporting documents if you prefer.
Thanks, just had my appointment and NCS agent asked me to refill some pages of the new (Jan 2016) form and included them into my old form (Oct 2015).

I have also asked them to include the above mentioned covering letter and court determination letter along with my application.NCS agent called HO helpline, gave them my BRP number and asked them to check my immigration history. They have straight away confirmed over the phone that I do not have any breach of immigration history which was a bit of relief for me.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:14 pm

I never knew that the HO did such checks over the phone. But glad it all went well for you.

narsii

Post by narsii » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi Arsal385 ,

I am applying for AN next week and I have a similar refusal earlier .
Now , HO has confirmed that you are not an overstayer or breached any Immigration law .That was a big relief for me.

Thanks for this update my friend .
Arsal385 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:That should be fine. I'd take that with you and ask the NCS advisor to submit it along with your other supporting documents if you prefer.
Thanks, just had my appointment and NCS agent asked me to refill some pages of the new (Jan 2016) form and included them into my old form (Oct 2015).

I have also asked them to include the above mentioned covering letter and court determination letter along with my application.NCS agent called HO helpline, gave them my BRP number and asked them to check my immigration history. They have straight away confirmed over the phone that I do not have any breach of immigration history which was a bit of relief for me.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:37 pm

narsii wrote:Hi Arsal385 ,

I am applying for AN next week and I have a similar refusal earlier .
Now , HO has confirmed that you are not an overstayer or breached any Immigration law .That was a big relief for me.

Thanks for this update my friend .
Arsal385 wrote:

If you re unsure about your immigration history, I would suggest you to ask NCS advisor to call HO helpline and check your immigration history by using your BRP number. HO agent should be able to tell your NCS advisor about any breach of your previous immigration history over the phone on the spot.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:56 am

Good luck with your application... I took a cover letter with me as well but I was told it was not required and i never insisted to have it sent in. for me it just suplemented what was on the application, i have never had breach and even though some extensions were granted days or weeks after expiry of the previous one, all applications were made in time.