ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (HSMP) Current Processing Times?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tester

FLR (HSMP) Current Processing Times?

Post by tester » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:50 pm

Hi,

Apologies, as I expect this kind of thing gets asked all the time, but....

My girlfriend has just applied through an agent for the FLR (HSMP) after getting her HSMP approval letter last week. She is in country and swapping from a work permit.

However, this was a touch rash as we are supposed to be going ski-ing on the 21 Dec. What do you think the chances are of getting the passport back on time?

Does anyone have any ideas on the current visa processing time - the original HSMP approval letter came back within a week of applying....

thanks

R

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:11 pm

If you have travel commitments, you can request urgent treatment form. Mine was cleared in a week time by filing UT form.

Thank you

smiley82
Newly Registered

Post by smiley82 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:12 pm

Hi,

I'm in the exact same boat. Got my approval on Thursday, less than 1 week to get it (applied through an agent also).

We are also going skiing on the 21st (we're off to France, you?) and I was told by my agents that they wouldn't risk it, so to wait until January.

Is there a reason why she can't wait until January? Personally...I am not going to risk it, I don't have any reason why I can't wait, and the thought of missing my Ski Trip because I don't have my passport back is enough incentive for me not too!

Good Luck!

tester

Post by tester » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:18 pm

Hi,

She just wants to get out of her crazy job and didn't want to wait any longer! we are (hopefully) going to Austria - best start to the season in 30 years and I might miss it!

tester

Post by tester » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:21 pm

hi, thanks - we are going to try that but the agent doesn't seem to think they will pay any attention to the urgent request as it is for annual leave - i suggested they "stretch" the truth but they wouldn't do it..
suresh-hsmp wrote:If you have travel commitments, you can request urgent treatment form. Mine was cleared in a week time by filing UT form.

Thank you

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:34 pm

About UT -- even i felt the same that they over look and never respond, surprisingly i got it in a week time, ofcourse i used to call them evryday and checked whether they are priortizing my one or not, always they said it is prioritized. I have not sent any proofs, i just filled the form and faxed.

In my case, i requested courier service to pick my passport, for some reason caseworker over looked and sent it by royal mail, after caseworker realised his mistake, he called me and apolagized. Thats my expeience, check your luck, dont forget call and enquiry about your application.

Thank you

tester

Post by tester » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:43 pm

nice one, thanks for the advice. I'm going to give it a go..
suresh-hsmp wrote:About UT -- even i felt the same that they over look and never respond, surprisingly i got it in a week time, ofcourse i used to call them evryday and checked whether they are priortizing my one or not, always they said it is prioritized. I have not sent any proofs, i just filled the form and faxed.

In my case, i requested courier service to pick my passport, for some reason caseworker over looked and sent it by royal mail, after caseworker realised his mistake, he called me and apolagized. Thats my expeience, check your luck, dont forget call and enquiry about your application.

Thank you

smiley82
Newly Registered

Post by smiley82 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:28 pm

Be sure to let us know how you get on, would be interesting to know. I hope it works out for you!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:55 pm

suresh-hsmp wrote:About UT -- even i felt the same that they over look and never respond, surprisingly i got it in a week time, ofcourse i used to call them evryday and checked whether they are priortizing my one or not, always they said it is prioritized. I have not sent any proofs, i just filled the form and faxed.

Thank you
isnt there an email you can use
I dont remember the address but I used it last year and they respond pretty quickly to it.

anuhsmp
Newly Registered

flr hsmp processing times

Post by anuhsmp » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:32 pm

Hi Suresh.....

I got my HSMP approval on 22nd Nov 07,I posted for FLR HSmp on 26th Nov 07,thro an agent.My agent has still not received the acknowledgement letter,so cannot call HO since I do not have reference no. Can u tell me in how many Days did u receive ur Passports,that is if u remember please???? I'm not sure abt Urgent treatement request....please help!!!

Thanks in advance,
Anu

Thank you

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:15 pm

Anu,
I remember its exactly 7 working days. To my surprise, i got my acknowledgement letter after i recieved the passport. I advise you to call and get your ref number, they will ask you details like full name, date of birth, and your address.

Thank you

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:59 pm

The good news is that the BIA site now states they are working on November applications so if you applied in the beginning of Nov your number is up.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:44 pm

Hello members,
My hsmp visa expires in mid april. If I apply in 1st week of february for my flr hsmp will that be ok.

tester

Post by tester » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:09 pm

we got it back (approved) today :-) very relieved!
smiley82 wrote:Be sure to let us know how you get on, would be interesting to know. I hope it works out for you!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:55 pm

tester wrote:we got it back (approved) today :-) very relieved!
smiley82 wrote:Be sure to let us know how you get on, would be interesting to know. I hope it works out for you!
How long did it take?

tester

Post by tester » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:24 pm

Hi SYH,

Here are the stats, apologies for the double post (i added these to another post but it is relevant here as well)

30 Nov '07 - Submitted via an agent
6th Dec - Reference number received
11th Dec - Confirmation it was being "worked on"
13 Dec - Approved
17th Dec - posted
18th Dec - received passport back
SYH wrote:
tester wrote:we got it back (approved) today :-) very relieved!
How long did it take?