ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

7 years old child route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

christtal
Newly Registered

7 years old child route

Post by christtal » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:16 pm

Hello Everyone,

I hope we are all enjoying the Season.
Please I need help, I have a child who is seven years plus and I want to put in the 7 years child route application for him and other members of the family. please is there any one here who has made this application recently, if any please let me know I want to ask the person just some few questions.

Secondly does any one knows if there will be any changes in this parents 7 years route by April 2016

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: 7 years old child route

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:31 pm

Intended changes to the Immigration Rules aren't generally announced until February, giving the statutory 40 days notice for implementation in April of the same year.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:53 pm

christtal wrote:I have a child who is seven years plus and I want to put in the 7 years child route application for him
Has the child spent seven years in the UK? Was the child born in the UK?

Remember that that only puts the child (and other associated applicants) on a ten year path to ILR. And the rules for naturalisation are different from those for settlement (ILR).

And Casa is correct with regards to the 40 days notice. Be aware that the Rules can change at any time and not necessarily in April. So, keep your eyes on the Home Office website for updates.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

christtal
Newly Registered

Post by christtal » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:18 pm

Yes the child was born here in the uk and has spent all the days of his life here in the Uk has not been any were .

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:27 pm

christtal wrote:Yes the child was born here in the uk and has spent all the days of his life here in the Uk has not been any were .
Then, provided he never spends more than 90 days a year outside the UK, he should be entitled (i.e. can not be refused) to register as a British citizen on his tenth birthday under Section 1(4) of the BNA 1981. The 90 days limit is not at discretion, so don't exceed that.

This provision applies to the children born in the UK, so not to the rest of the family, who will have to go through the usual route of 10 year long residence ILR and then a separate naturalisation/registration process.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:38 am

The seven year route is embedded in the statute, and therefore I can't see that being changed ever so frequently, and giving that the refusal of Human right claim will result in a right of appeal, it will make no sense to change the rules in a way that makes it wholly inconsistent with the statutory provision.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:02 am

Obie wrote:The seven year route is embedded in the statute
I wasn't aware that it is a statutory provision. Which statute?
Obie wrote:therefore I can't see that being changed ever so frequently
I agree.

Is my advice correct or incorrect, in your view?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:11 am

Well I cannot see anything wrong with your advise, although it may be debatable if it is linked to the questions asked, which appear to be an application based on 7 years route for child and other family member within and outside the rules and if there is likely to be any future changes to the 7 years rule.

But legally speaking there does not seem to be any legal problem with the advise you gave, although it may be questionable whether that is the questions asked.

Then again their is no harm in you being 3 years ahead of us.

117B (6) incorporates the 7 years rule.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... 19/enacted

A Qualifying child includes a child under 18 who has spend 7 years continuously in the UK.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:16 am

Obie wrote:their is no harm in you being 3 years ahead of us.
I was merely attempting to offer a roadmap ahead.

It would be a pity if the child missed out on a registration that s/he would be entitled to if s/he were to accidentally exceed the absences.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:21 am

I would not dear to fault you for advising the OP on that, which was why I did not disturb your exemplary advise in any way.

Although one can only hope that Section 1 (4) will still be in existence 3 years from today.

christtal
Newly Registered

Post by christtal » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi,
I'm happy for all your inputs, and am so glad this forum is so active .
Please I want your advice on putting the 7 years child route application. I have been in this country for eight years now and I have gone through allot because of visa, the memories are too painful so this is the opportunity I have now to get out of this visa pain I have suffered from in the last 8 years please people advice me on the best steps to take and the best person to meet to make this application a success, That is why am looking for some one who has made this 7 years child route application recently to give me some guide and to ask which solicitor firm did they use. Because if I used a solicitor firm that has done it before for people and have success the chances of my application to be successful will be very high. Please every advise and help is appreciated.

Thanks

christtal
Newly Registered

Post by christtal » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi,
I got an email that I have a private message but unfortunately I can not read private message just yet I have not been given the access please who ever that has sents me this private message please resend it to my email email address removed by moderator.
please if any one have any info that will help my application you can email me.

Thank you all.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:47 pm

Please don't post personal contact details on such a very public forum, it is for your own safety.

Not many people apply under this 7 year category so you might wait a while before anyone who might have had success sees your post and replies.

You have been given good advice by the forum members who have responded to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

christtal
Newly Registered

Post by christtal » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Hi CR001

Thanks you are right.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:05 am

The 7 years is just the start - you also need to prove why it is unreasonable to expect the child to return to his country of nationality.

Are both parents from the same country? Relatives there? Language issues? Health? These are the sorts of things to consider.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:23 pm

HI

one of my friend got visa under 7 year child route, and its 2.5 years DL leave to remain. initially it was refused but in appeal they allow.

i think you should submit application.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:19 pm

malik0543 wrote:HI

one of my friend got visa under 7 year child route, and its 2.5 years DL leave to remain. initially it was refused but in appeal they allow.

i think you should submit application.
Glad to hear he got the visa under this route and christtal can go ahead I think
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

christtal
Newly Registered

Post by christtal » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:54 pm

Hi Malik,

I'm glad to hear your friend got her visa through the 7 years old child route.
Please is there any way you can help me get in touch with this your friend please just got question to asked.
Haven done it she will be off very good help to me with some few key questions.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:10 pm

christtal wrote:Hi Malik,

I'm glad to hear your friend got her visa through the 7 years old child route.
Please is there any way you can help me get in touch with this your friend please just got question to asked.
Haven done it she will be off very good help to me with some few key questions.
In a spirit of perestroika & glasnost, suggest open a thread & share questions.

In this way all members with an interest in such a topic may share, learn & benefit from the experiences of said friend.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

christtal
Newly Registered

Post by christtal » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:30 pm

Hello "lily123"

I could not read your private message because I can not read private messages and i don't know what to do so I will be able to read my private messages. Is there any other way you could send me the message you just sent to my private inbox here.
Thank you so much
Christabel.

lily123
Newly Registered

Post by lily123 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:19 am

christtal wrote:Hello "lily123"

I could not read your private message because I can not read private messages and i don't know what to do so I will be able to read my private messages. Is there any other way you could send me the message you just sent to my private inbox here.
Thank you so much
Christabel.
Hello christtal,

Sorry you can't read the PM I sent you.

My story:
  1. I arrived here in August 2006 with my two children and wife.
  2. Applied in July 2012 under the new rules - 7 year child's rules (although my children did not complete their seven years at the time of submission)
  3. September 2013 - application refused
  4. PAP sent but no answer so went for a Judicial Review and right of appeal given
  5. FTT heard - dismissed
  6. First Tier to Upper Tribunal permission- refused
  7. Upper tribunal to Upper tribunal permission - refused. Appeal exhausted.
  8. Judicial Review also refused - 11th Nov 2015.
  9. Received CAPITA Letter (Dec 2015). Responded via solicitor. Still awaiting reply.
  10. My son has lived here for 10 years and my daughter has lived half of her life in the UK by August this year.
My children have lived here continuously for nearly 9 years and 5 months. My daughter is 19 years old and my son is 16. It would be best if you take advice from a solicitor - then you will be fully informed of the process.

Thanks and good luck,

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 am

Members are unable to send or receive PMs until they have made 30 posts.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.