ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

income for 5 year spouse/ indef leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jomaho10
Newly Registered

income for 5 year spouse/ indef leave

Post by jomaho10 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:22 pm

Hello,

I am a British Citizen and my husband is a south african citizen living here with me in the UK.

He has been here for nearly 2 and a half years and we are due to submit the next visa in July to extend this for another 2 and a half years.

I was wondering. I want to give up work and do primary teaching pgde course for 1 year either in august 16 or august 17. I would only be getting a student loan or any other benefits I may be enititled to.

My husband earns around £15000 per year and has a small pension in s/a for £3000 per year.

I just want to know if I can actually give up work or whether we need my salary to be eligible for the visa-I would only be on the student loan for 1 year and then would start earning as normal again? do they look back at a continous salary over the previous 2 and a half years?

Thank you for your advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: income for 5 year spouse/ indef leave

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:25 pm

Your husband's income alone would qualify, but it appears from your post that his earnings will be under the £18,600 minimum level.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jomaho10
Newly Registered

Post by jomaho10 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:27 pm

thank you for your quick reply

so does this mean we would be declined? i was curious as to what the process is, would we appeal? if we are likely to win an appeal? and if not would they really deport him just because I took a year to study and we were short of £600 in one year?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:35 pm

jomaho10 wrote:thank you for your quick reply

so does this mean we would be declined? i was curious as to what the process is, would we appeal? if we are likely to win an appeal? and if not would they really deport him just because I took a year to study and we were short of £600 in one year?
Well it's a tick box application, you either get a tick or not. No tick, no visa.

They wouldn't deport, but they'd maybe which you to FLR(FP) ten year route.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....