ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pending application, employer ask me to stop working

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liane25

Pending application, employer ask me to stop working

Post by liane25 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:35 am

Hi eveyone. Today I was told by my employer that I can't am not eligible to work. I applied for Naturalization last September and still waiting for the decision. My residence document was is valid January 2016, which I know I can legally work even not applying for permanent.

I came here in UK as a family member of EEA national on 2010, and was given a residence document. After 5 continuous year in UK and my husband being Naturalized BC I applied for Naturalization. I tried to tell my employer about the Immigration Act but it did not work on them, i ask them to check employers checking service but nothing happens. I was told if I can have some letter that states that I can work legally while my application is being processed then I can come back to work. My acknowledgment letter from Home Office does not say anything with that sort.
Can you help me, what should I do?

secret.simon

Re: Pending application, employer ask me to stop working

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:21 pm

The Immigration Act 1971 would not apply to you as the family member of an EEA citizen.

You could have acquired PR automatically under the EEA Regulations. But it is always a good idea to have proof of that, hence the PR Card.

When did you apply for naturalisation? And do you have a PR card?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

liane25

Post by liane25 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:57 pm

secret.simon wrote:The Immigration Act 1971 would not apply to you as the family member of an EEA citizen.

You could have acquired PR automatically under the EEA Regulations. But it is always a good idea to have proof of that, hence the PR Card.

When did you apply for naturalisation? And do you have a PR card?
I didn't apply for PR card and went straight to Naturalisation last September 2015.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:56 pm

liane25 wrote:Hi eveyone. Today I was told by my employer that I can't am not eligible to work. I applied for Naturalization last September and still waiting for the decision. My residence document was is valid January 2016, which I know I can legally work even not applying for permanent.

I came here in UK as a family member of EEA national on 2010, and was given a residence document. After 5 continuous year in UK and my husband being Naturalized BC I applied for Naturalization. I tried to tell my employer about the Immigration Act but it did not work on them, i ask them to check employers checking service but nothing happens. I was told if I can have some letter that states that I can work legally while my application is being processed then I can come back to work. My acknowledgment letter from Home Office does not say anything with that sort.
:idea: Thinking out of box here ...can you apply for a RC?
Then you will be issued with a COA.

(That is if you applied via NCS & have your key documents to hand to try this approach).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

liane25

Post by liane25 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:38 pm

noajthan wrote:
liane25 wrote:Hi eveyone. Today I was told by my employer that I can't am not eligible to work. I applied for Naturalization last September and still waiting for the decision. My residence document was is valid January 2016, which I know I can legally work even not applying for permanent.

(That is if you applied via NCS & have your key documents to hand to try this approach).
Thank you for your suggestion but unfortunately I applied by post and have all the important documents to Home Office :(

liane25

Post by liane25 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:42 pm

If I go to Citizen Advice would it help? or contacting the MP perhaps? Is there any way I can get a letter from Home Office that I can work? Sorry for asking too many questions, I just didn't see this coming :(

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:23 pm

liane25 wrote:Thank you for your suggestion but unfortunately I applied by post and have all the important documents to Home Office :(
You may be able to request your documents be returned to you.

liane25

Post by liane25 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:39 pm

noajthan wrote:
liane25 wrote:Thank you for your suggestion but unfortunately I applied by post and have all the important documents to Home Office :(
You may be able to request your documents be returned to you.
Will it not cause some problem with my Naturalization application if I request my passport?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:52 pm

liane25 wrote:Will it not cause some problem with my Naturalization application if I request my passport?
Online request form:
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

Just make sure you tick (check) the option to NOT cancel your application :!:

liane25

Post by liane25 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:26 pm

noajthan wrote:

I already had the RC on my passport and it is until this month. I am really afraid of requesting to returned my documents. First it might have an effect on my naturalisation application and second it might take longer as well to get COA as I have read from the thread of EE2 and EEA4 :(

Firefade

Post by Firefade » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:11 pm

I requested my documents back and it never affected my application.