ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working abroad after HSMP?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alicipherd
Newly Registered

Working abroad after HSMP?

Post by alicipherd » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:55 pm

Dear Friends.
Please tell me is it possible, after getting HSMP status one can work outside UK and successfuly get extension. I will elobrate further; Assume I got HSMP approval and one employer appoint me for any post and send me to their location outside UK. Will this experiance counts and I will be eligble to file for extension and what are tehir chances for success.

I will wait for quick responce
Thanks
Ali

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:14 pm

Do you know if your income will be taxed in the UK or in the country where you might be deputed? Also how long is your deputation?

alicipherd
Newly Registered

Working out side UK.

Post by alicipherd » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:49 pm

Well. Thanks Wazir.
Currently I am working with English company at their location in Pakistan, where as my company has locations in several other countries. It is possible they can hire me for their any other location outside UK, such as Saudia, UAE etc.

In this case I will not be paying tex in UAE coz of their setup, But I dont know do I have to pay tex in UK?

Duration of job may least longer, it is permanant job.

I hope have answer you correctly, Waiting your responce.

Bye the way you are pakistani ? if yes from where and what you have done, I mean in the way to HSMP etc.

Ali

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:25 pm

Ali,

IMHO, it would be very difficult for you to obtain an HSMP extension. If you were working primarily in the UK (income and taxed) and your company required you to travelling outside for brief periods, it could have been explained to the HO. In this case, you expect to be outside the UK for majority of the time. If you are looking for long term settlement in the UK, then you must seriously consider asking them to relocate you in the UK or look for another job here.
Bye the way you are pakistani ? if yes from where and what you have done, I mean in the way to HSMP etc.
I am an Indian :). I am in the IT industry and currently on my first 1 year on the HSMP.

noddy214

Post by noddy214 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:24 am

MWazir,

Would it be safe to assume that in the first year of HSMP one can take up an assignment that calls for frequent travel outside UK but gets paid in UK and is also Taxed in UK.

In such a scenario, one can try and convince HO for the extention.

Noddy

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:53 am

Noddy,

The longer time you are spending outside the UK, the more difficult you will be making it for yourself. I have a friend on HSMP and his extension is coming in Apr 2005. He workes for a company in the UK as a Business Development Manager. His job requires him to be outside the uk for 1 or 2 weeks every odd month. In order to convince the HO, he has been collecting invitation letters from clients and written statements from his company everytime he goes out.

Hopefully the HO will understand cases like this.

alicipherd
Newly Registered

About Wazir`s comments

Post by alicipherd » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:07 am

Thanks wazir.
could you also tell me how many day normally NARIC required to send you statment about your qualification assessment. before filling HSMP I am intrested to get my qualification and documents assessed by NARIC. but worry about time taken for this.

Any comments
Ali

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:22 am

No idea how long they take, but any particular reason why you need to send it to them?

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:11 pm

The key to the issue is to maintain your ties with the UK, you can set up a company in the UK and ask your employer to pay you in the UK, then you can pay yourself a salary and pay your taxes, that way the HO will see that you are working and helping the economy. But if you leave for the UAE and no tax is paid in this country they could say that you are not contributing to the economy.....
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)