ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa -

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rana781
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa -

Post by Rana781 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:40 pm

Hi,

I was granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK on 03/09/2015 on long residence basis. I want to apply visa for my wife next month, who is currently in Pakistan. I need your advice on followings please;

- I have got a permanent job since October 2015 and I meet the Home Office financial requirement of £18.6K per annum. I am able to provide the pay slips and bank statements as evidence however unfortunately my account was constantly overdrawn by approx 2K until last month. I have managed to clear the deficit and the account is now in credit. Will the debit balance in previous months have any negative impact on application? If yes, is there any alternative that I can use to avoid this?

- My wife completed Masters in English literature from university in Pakistan and is now a lecturer in college. Will her qualification be acceptable as an evidence for English language? If not, which English language course she will need to do to meet the Home Office requirement?

I would be really grateful if you could answer the above questions please?

Rana Muhammad

BilalPathan786

Re: Spouse Visa -

Post by BilalPathan786 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:01 am

Hi Rana781,

No, you're account being overdrawn shouldn't be taken into consideration by the Entry Clearance Officer, as long as you're salary is paid into your bank account every month - for at least 6 months, meaning if you started this job in October and assuming your first payslip was in November, you would have to wait until after you received your April payslip before submitting your application, so you wouldn't be able to submit this next month I'm afraid, unless you have savings of £62,500 or over.

Unfortunately for the English language requirement your wife would need to pass a UKVI approved English Test, the following link to the Home Office should help -

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

BYC

Post by BYC » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:08 am

Hi

I've read a lot of responses on this forum and found that majority of people will not give a straight answer and ended up confusing the more.
OK for the English test. All you need is to input your wife degree on point based Calculator search Google for it, if she scores 10 points then she won't need any english test, it's clearly stated in the immigration rules as " deemed by UK bardic as equivalent to a degree in UK" just print that page on the Pbs calculator and include in your application
Sushmenta, one of the moderators has a post on this topic

You do need an income of 18.600 at the time of application
Good luck

BYC

Post by BYC » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:10 am

UK NARIC not bardic.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:46 am

BYC wrote:Hi

I've read a lot of responses on this forum and found that majority of people will not give a straight answer and ended up confusing the more.
OK for the English test. All you need is to input your wife degree on point based Calculator search Google for it, if she scores 10 points then she won't need any english test, it's clearly stated in the immigration rules as " deemed by UK bardic as equivalent to a degree in UK" just print that page on the Pbs calculator and include in your application
Sushmenta, one of the moderators has a post on this topic

You do need an income of 18.600 at the time of application
Good luck
@BYC It isn't a question of having £18,600 at the time of application. As was previously correctly advised, the sponsor must submit at least 6 months of payslips and corresponding bank statements showing this level of annual income.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.