ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claim form received from Parking Management company

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kimgadi
Newly Registered

Claim form received from Parking Management company

Post by kimgadi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:48 am

Dear Friends,

My application for naturalization is currently with home office and yesterday I received a claim form from a private company managing parking in a retail park. I apparently parked for more than 4 hours and they have been sending the parking fine notice to me. This claim form looks to be from a court. Can senior members please advice what are my best options and if I need to inform home office about the same. Under normal circumstances I would have contested it as it is a private party but considering my naturalization application, I am bit concerned.

noajthan

Re: Claim form received from Parking Management company

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:26 am

kimgadi wrote:Dear Friends,

My application for naturalization is currently with home office and yesterday I received a claim form from a private company managing parking in a retail park. I apparently parked for more than 4 hours and they have been sending the parking fine notice to me. This claim form looks to be from a court. Can senior members please advice what are my best options and if I need to inform home office about the same. Under normal circumstances I would have contested it as it is a private party but considering my naturalization application, I am bit concerned.
Very prudent to be wary.
My understanding is this is not a criminal matter, if it comes to anything it will be a civil dispute.

Court proceedings cannot be issued immediately.
You could always contact the 'court' via publicly available contact details (not via the details provided in this letter!) to see what sort of paper you have received from this 'court'..

See http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/a ... ing-ticket
- note all the rules based around actions after 28 days & not before 28 days elapsed since ticket was issued

Also: http://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-ins ... vate-land/
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kimgadi
Newly Registered

Post by kimgadi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:34 am

Thanks noajthan for quick response. I am bit concerned because the notice is from county court and I do have to either dispute it and fight in the court or pay full amount. I cannot ignore the notice. If court makes an order against me then there will be an entry in CCJ, which I have to inform home office and will adversely impact me. My question is.

1. While I think about my options, do I need to inform HO office about it
2. if I dispute the claim, how much time will it take before the court issues a notice for hearing
3. Do I need to inform HO about this immediately or only after court issues a judgement
4. If fought in the court and I end up losing and decide to pay full amount, Will still be a CCJ entered against me?

Any member faced similar issue in the past, please share your experiences.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:03 pm

kimgadi wrote:Thanks noajthan for quick response. I am bit concerned because the notice is from county court and I do have to either dispute it and fight in the court or pay full amount. I cannot ignore the notice. If court makes an order against me then there will be an entry in CCJ, which I have to inform home office and will adversely impact me. My question is.

1. While I think about my options, do I need to inform HO office about it
2. if I dispute the claim, how much time will it take before the court issues a notice for hearing
3. Do I need to inform HO about this immediately or only after court issues a judgement
4. If fought in the court and I end up losing and decide to pay full amount, Will still be a CCJ entered against me?

Any member faced similar issue in the past, please share your experiences.
If that is the case can only assume you have overlooked or ignored or not been aware of a whole succession of previous communications on this matter.
Is that possible?

Would still suggest you verify independently with the county court that it is indeed a genuine UK county court that is summonsing you.

I have no information on your specific questions so suggest see what other members in the brains trust come up with.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.