ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Response from HO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

citizen161
Newly Registered

No Response from HO

Post by citizen161 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:39 am

Hi Guys

Its been 9 months now to my Citizenship Application. Myself and my wife both applied same time. Her application been refused and we are going through reconsideration processnow but I have had no word from HO. Contacted 6 weeks ago and been advised that the case worker will write me directly. I have not heard anything after that. I was on Tier 1 General before ILR. I dont see any reason for my application being held as it always granted in past without any issue. Any insight will be great.

Thanks
Citizen161

secret.simon

Re: No Response from HO

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:35 am

Ciizenship is not a part of the immigration journey. That ends at ILR.

Citizenship is granted under a different law, by a different team in the Home Office (not the UKV&I) and have completely different rules. So, do not assume that because you have had no issues till ILR you will automatically get citizenship. People who have ILR can be denied citizenship, typically on the grounds of "good character".

Have you overstayed at any point in time (no matter how trivial)? Have you paid all the tax that you owe or dio you have any pending paperwork with HMRC? Do you have any bills pending with any government bodies (such as the NHS)?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

citizen161
Newly Registered

Post by citizen161 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:32 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have not overstayed or broken any rules. I was always employed so my tax gone from my salary and I have no court csr etc. My question is how to contact if no response after me contacting. If there is an issue with my application at least I expect Home Office to tell me.

Will wait if anyone have any other thoughts.
Regards

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:19 am

Hi citizen161,

The citizenship cases are treated separately even if you apply at the same time. As I understand your application was not refused and still with the home office.

There are two options:

1. The members of this forum have contacted their MPs to expedite the case in the past, you can start by finding out who is your MP and write to them.
2. Try writing to the home office directly in writing.

Please note that Home Office usually does respond to emails with a generic reply.

Did you receive any general letter from home office that it may take further 3-6 months at all?

Regards
all is well that ends well

citizen161
Newly Registered

Post by citizen161 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:23 pm

Thanks for your reply. Only letters I have re acknoledgement and 2nd one for biometrics.

I will take it up with MP and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

citizen161
Newly Registered

Post by citizen161 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:31 pm

Thanks for your replies.
I have got the approval letter today.
Best wishes for all of you still waiting. Hope it will get over.
Thanks to admin for providing this forum.

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:42 pm

citizen161 wrote:Thanks for your replies.
Congratulations, you got the approval letter today. Will you mind telling us the reason of refusal for your Mrs.
It will some how help other members who are in same boat and may be they can learn something from her refusal.Also, you will be get some help for her case.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:49 pm

Rizcon wrote:
Congratulations, you got the approval letter today. Will you mind telling us the reason of refusal for your Mrs.
It will some how help other members who are in same boat and may be they can learn something from her refusal.Also, you will be get some help for her case.
See the link below for the spouse issue.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1275422
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Rizcon wrote:
See the link below for the spouse issue.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1275422
Thank you CR001 for the link.