ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 3 - While waiting for E.U1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:26 pm

Even if the officer that you meet tomorrow refuses to issue you with the Stamp3, try to go later to see a different officer. It depends on luck if you meet someone who is sympathetic and helpful or someone who is an arrogant fascist.

kamemurr
Newly Registered

pps staff an work..

Post by kamemurr » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:33 pm

now i could have a PPs Numbres, well they will sent it in 10 days.
they didnt said nothing about my expired visa, i told them i was waiting for the residence card.
now....
i have an offer to work in a shop they were asking me at least for the PPs but now my doubt is, even if im waiting for the EU1 (that i know they'll not give it to me because i never lived in another Eu state)
when u start the application the tell you that u cant work....so as i have the PPs that means that now can i work?? if tomorrow i can apply for stamp3 or 4 for or visa or again residence card would be it a problem??
im a bit worry to accept the job because that means i'll pay taxes, so i'ld have a record and if they check that, they will know im working when is supossed not to work and maybe i would have some problems....F*&K !!!
why they make it so difficult......B**&rds!!!

darragh
Newly Registered

to get satmp 3

Post by darragh » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:00 pm

hi,
my situation is quite differnt ,i applied for the residency abt a year ago,but i never got any reply from them they did'nt even send my passport which by the way i'd asked and wrote them numbers of times..i even went to the european comminsion office in dublin and made a complaint againt DOJ,which i got a reply and been told that my complaint has been registerd.
my question is,if i went to GNIB without my passport ,will get the stamp 3 on that...i appreciate if u guide me on this matter.
kind regards,

kamemurr
Newly Registered

....Gnib Office.....

Post by kamemurr » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:08 am

Hello to everybody....
So....i went, again, to the offices to have the stamp 3 i went at 8am I "q" for 1 houe to have a ticket and 8 persons to arrive the said: "NO More Tickets For Today, We Have TO Much People In The Office So...Come Back On Monday"
A lot of people like me had to leave the place because like with 4 guys they sarted to say: Ok, Get Out! Theres no more tickets, get out!!
Its Amazing!!!
It feels so frustrating....Ill go tomorrow wednesday again at 6am!!lol
Then i went to the Immigrant Council, they told me that is possible to have the stamp 3, they are giving that to the peolple who have the refuse on the application but I can try without the letter they send....
we will see.....

runie80
Member of Standing

Re: ....Gnib Office.....

Post by runie80 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:56 pm

kamemurr wrote:Hello to everybody....
So....i went, again, to the offices to have the stamp 3 i went at 8am I "q" for 1 houe to have a ticket and 8 persons to arrive the said: "NO More Tickets For Today, We Have TO Much People In The Office So...Come Back On Monday"
A lot of people like me had to leave the place because like with 4 guys they sarted to say: Ok, Get Out! Theres no more tickets, get out!!
Its Amazing!!!
It feels so frustrating....Ill go tomorrow wednesday again at 6am!!lol
Then i went to the Immigrant Council, they told me that is possible to have the stamp 3, they are giving that to the peolple who have the refuse on the application but I can try without the letter they send....
we will see.....
I can understand your frustration.I hope u will get sorted tomorrow.
Make sure u have health insurance otherwise they will not entertain you.
its a pain dealing with Immigration in Ireland.

Good Luck
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

narenderyadav712
Newly Registered

Post by narenderyadav712 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:43 pm

i am Indian citizen married to eu citizen applied for eu 1 in oct 2006 . refused in may 2007 but got one year stamp 3 in august 2007 . I applied for spousal work permit but i got refusal letter from work permit dept. today . They told me i have to apply for normal work permit not spousal work permit . Which is earn more than 30000€ and advertise is Fas and local newspaper . But don't have to pay the fee.

can any body help me sought this out.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:16 pm

Did you get married to your E.U spouse in Ireland or abroad? It seems there's currently an idea going around within the government to make an exception for marriages performed abroad when they decide to make any reviews to the E.U 1 refusals.

narenderyadav712
Newly Registered

Post by narenderyadav712 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:24 pm

I got married abroad in april 2006 . Came on join spouse visa but was granted stamp3 after refusal of EU1 . Not working for more than one year.
Do you have any idea when they will reveiw the Eu 1who married abroad.

darragh
Newly Registered

Post by darragh » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:42 pm

they ar not giving stamp 3 to every1...if u get lucky u prob get it...there's no specific law for that...

kamemurr
Newly Registered

and again.....i'll have to go back to Immigration Office

Post by kamemurr » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:50 pm

There is always something......
now yesterday wednesday i went at 7.15am,a good time, but as ussual.......they told ok, you can have you stamp 3, you have all the docs...
where is your husband???of course I answered:
He is working, someone has to work if I cant....
ah!!sorry, he must be here.
so.......now the new thing is that the couple must go together to the office to ask for the stamp, even if you have everything you cant do nothing.....it;s like a joke!!!
now I'm sure if we go on Monday(the only day he's off) they will say that is not possible or that i need another document.......
and about the fee of 100 euros you must pay it, because there is not exception, only for stamp 4 is free, but for that you need to show the residence card......ironic eh???
good luck to everybody.....
dont let them to win this game, we have rights!!!

botvot
Newly Registered

Post by botvot » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:13 pm

Oh Kamemurr, I feel your pain! I can just imgaine how I would have performed about: someone has to work as we can't rely on social welfare, now can we???!!!!

I went to GNIB in Jan to get a stamp 4 renewal (the previous year was so easy, no hassle). I had all my documents ready, as per the previous year, and I ALWAYS read all the small print before I go anywhere or apply for anything. This year, suddenly, they insisted I have healthcare, which they didn't mention on any website.

So, I had to turn around, take out some cheap healthcare, and when I went back, of course they didn't issue tickets. At last, 2 months later I got a ticket and NO ONE EVEN ASKED for my healthcare!!!! I could have gotten the whole renewal on that first evening I went there, wasn't it for the >>>person insisting to see proof of healthcare, but no, nearly 2 months later I got it without anyone insisting to see any proof.

How odd is this country's immigration processes?

microlab

Post by microlab » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:08 pm

bovot wrote
I went to GNIB in Jan to get a stamp 4 renewal
Date of application for residence card for spouse: 01 Feb 2007

Approved, Denied, or Pending (if approved, supply date of approval): Pending
Got it renewed for 1 year again until Apr 08.
You applied with EU1 but got the renewed in the meantime for 1 year? :?:

botvot
Newly Registered

Post by botvot » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:57 pm

Hi

As I don't understand your question I'll give you my timeline:

Jan 06: Moved to Ireland, went to GNIB within 3 days to register. Got stamp 4 right away for 1 year.

Jan 07: Went to GNIB to renew above mentioned. Couldn't get a ticket for a few days in a row, so applied for EU1, just because I didn't think it would take so long for a decision.

Apr 07: Demanded my passort back from DoJ (EU1 application) and went to GNIB again (4th time) and this time got a ticket and they renewed my stamp 4 for one year.

Still awaiting EU1 outcome although my stamp 4 is valid until Apr 08.

Come Apr 08, not sure in which position I will be.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:04 pm

Ark wrote:I'm an Italian citizen and my wife is American, we met and married in the USA three years ago, moved here last October. Pretty much stuck in the same situation - EU1 refusal, but managed to get a Stamp 3 at least.
Has your wife looked into getting Italian citizenship by marriage?

microlab

Post by microlab » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:28 am

Botvot:
As I don't understand your question I'll give you my timeline:
Thanks.
I just wanted confirmation of the steps you`ve taken.

kamemurr
Newly Registered

hello

Post by kamemurr » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:51 pm

i would want to know exactly....the persons who now have the stamp 4....what they ask to show?? residence card???because the irish embassy in mexico and in the irish consul in my country Peru, they told me to apply for stamp4, but while i wait for that they would give me stamp 3, so Im applying straight stamp3 but if they dont ask for any residence card or gnib card i can do it, Im peruvian and my husband french, where are you from???
i have the VHI inssurence because my husbands job, so i think is good enough.
still dont know what to do, if wait for the fu(&(ing letter refusing the EU1 and ask for stamp3 or apply for that now and pay 100 euros. the thing is if....(you never know with this people) the finally give me EU1 i can apply for stamp4 and for free...i suppose...

Ark
Newly Registered

Post by Ark » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:29 pm

JAJ wrote: Has your wife looked into getting Italian citizenship by marriage?
Yep, we're working on that as well as an alternative. Papers are already sent, but I'm not sure of all the works for that process, nor how long it takes.

kamemurr
Newly Registered

Now i can enjoy to be here....

Post by kamemurr » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:52 pm

On 15th oct we recieved the "famous" letter refussing the EU1 but....they said that i could have the stamp4 and with it work open a bussiness leaved the country, whatever i want for 2 years.
So yesterday we went to ask gor that and finally without said nothing they put on my passport the stamp and gave me the "famous" GNIB Card.
We still can't believe it.....after 5 months.....
Good Luck to everybody!!!

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:07 pm

Did they give you a stamp4 after refusing the E.U1? Did they inform you on the refusal letter to apply for the stamp4? Congratulations, it's a miracle! Seems like all the lawsuits are having an effect.

kamemurr
Newly Registered

hello!!!!

Post by kamemurr » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:14 pm

archigabe wrote:Did they give you a stamp4 after refusing the E.U1? Did they inform you on the refusal letter to apply for the stamp4? Congratulations, it's a miracle! Seems like all the lawsuits are having an effect.
Yes, in the same letter they said as you know the law says you must lived in another EU bla, bla, bla but considering your case.... :?: you can have the stamp4, go to the offices with your husband and with your passports the fee is free. they explained that i can stay here work, open a bussines and after the 2 years aply por the renew....
after all the letters they recieved from us, from the irish embassy in Mexico and the irish consul in my country...maybe helped a bit, We dont but...but the thing is..Its done!
Hope the best for you!

botvot
Newly Registered

Post by botvot » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:31 am

I have a question for all you GNIB experts:

My situation:
I have a stamp 4 + valid GNIB card on my old surname, which is still valid till April next year.
I received my new passport (in my married surname) recently.
I applied for a Schengen visa yesterday, ... and they told me I MIGHT have trouble because there is no GNIB stamp in my new passport.

My question: My husband won't be back in Ireland for the next few weeks. Do you think I can go to the GNIB alone and ask for a GNIB card + stamp in my new passport? I'm not asking for a major decision to be made, just a surname switch. I have all the necessary docs, except his passport (only have a copy).
My real question is: do they want to see both of us, or will they refuse even handing me a ticket, just because he's not in the country at the moment?

PS I need to travel before he arrives back in Ireland.

Any views will be appreciated.

microlab

Post by microlab » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:11 pm

You could always travel with a new and old passport,my wife had done that in the past.
She has also transfered stamps without me being present.
But as you know there is no guarantees with these people.

botvot
Newly Registered

Post by botvot » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:17 pm

Kamemurr, did you get the stamp 4 free of charge, or did you have to pay EUR 100.00?

Marc13
Newly Registered

EU1 information

Post by Marc13 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:22 pm

Hi All

I am non-Eu citizen and my wife has Italian citizenship…We are sorting out the documents to apply for UE1, but Its been very hard to get information through the GNIB office. The documents on the UE1 form are not the same shown on the internet etc etc.

My wife has never lived in am UE country. Someone told me that she must have a full time and be able to sponsor me in Ireland, is that true? What are the documents that we need?

I would be very glad if someone could help me

Thanks
Marcio

Ark
Newly Registered

Re: EU1 information

Post by Ark » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:54 am

Marc13 wrote:Hi All

I am non-Eu citizen and my wife has Italian citizenship…We are sorting out the documents to apply for UE1, but Its been very hard to get information through the GNIB office. The documents on the UE1 form are not the same shown on the internet etc etc.

My wife has never lived in am UE country. Someone told me that she must have a full time and be able to sponsor me in Ireland, is that true? What are the documents that we need?

I would be very glad if someone could help me

Thanks
Marcio
You'll get stuck in the whole "You should have lived in another EU country before coming here" like the rest of us, pretty much.

You can get the EU1 form online and send it, but unfortunately (and unless they change anything by the time it arrives) you'll just receive a letter denying your application on those grounds.

Afterwards, you may be able to get a Stamp 1 or 3, which allows you to live here but won't let you work.