ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application and Requesting Extra Document

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mhrkrd

Citizenship Application and Requesting Extra Document

Post by Mhrkrd » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:09 am

Hi
Home Office requested one document for british citizenship application and i sent it but wondering how long takes to get decision after sending requested documents.1 month or 1 week please the people who had same experience comment.thank you.

LilyLalilu

Re: Citizenship Application and Requesting Extra Document

Post by LilyLalilu » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:53 am

Unfortunately no one will be able to tell you how long it will take, it's all up to the Home Office and how complex your case is. They aim to decide applications within 6 months, however, for some people it has taken longer to receive an outcome.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:29 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:Unfortunately no one will be able to tell you how long it will take, it's all up to the Home Office and how complex your case is. They aim to decide applications within 6 months, however, for some people it has taken longer to receive an outcome.
+1

Noone can tell at what stage of the 'process' the document has been requested;
it may be some sort of pre-screening, or at some sort of final check. Who knows.

And, by observation of my own cases, there is not much evidence of consistency and coherent process practised across the board by HO caseworkers.
Unless a caseworker ever moonlights in the forum we are unlikely to find out for sure.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:43 pm

mhrkrd, Can you tell us what sort of extra document they have asked ?? Hopefully they should decided your application in couple of months based on case.

Mhrkrd

Post by Mhrkrd » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:57 pm

hsr1972 wrote:mhrkrd, Can you tell us what sort of extra document they have asked ?? Hopefully they should decided your application in couple of months based on case.
I had done speeding conviction and got 3 points they requested all documention regarding that.i am still asking to people who had experience before pls comment.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:28 pm

mhrkrd, Don't worry even if you have driving conviction it is not a issue as long as you have declared in your application form you should be fine , If you have not declared then it would been a problem because they go according to Good character. Don't worry you will receive approval letter soon.

Mhrkrd

Post by Mhrkrd » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:47 pm

hsr1972 wrote:mhrkrd, Don't worry even if you have driving conviction it is not a issue as long as you have declared in your application form you should be fine , If you have not declared then it would been a problem because they go according to Good character. Don't worry you will receive approval letter soon.
Hopefully thank you

psnlb

Post by psnlb » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:01 pm

Not sure how helpful it is but HO requested additional documents from me as well. They asked for an English language test. I received approval 10 days after sending them a test. Hope it works out the same for you!

Mhrkrd

Post by Mhrkrd » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:21 pm

psnlb wrote:Not sure how helpful it is but HO requested additional documents from me as well. They asked for an English language test. I received approval 10 days after sending them a test. Hope it works out the same for you!
Thank you very much it really helped me.