ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nirmie
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by Nirmie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:41 am

Hi all

I was hoping to get some advise from the forum.

My wife is currently on a T2 ICT Dependent Visa. She has been offered a T2 General Visa from her employer. I have been doing research on the boards and have a few questions on this.

1. I know she has to go back to her home country (South Africa) to change her visa. Does the cooling off period apply to her?

2. Once she has her Visa, can I move onto her Visa as a dependent in country?

3. What restrictions would I have under her visa?

4. We have been here for 3 years already, would her switching her visa restart her time in the UK for ILR application? If 2 is true, and I switch onto her Visa, would this also restart my time in the UK for ILR application?

Thanks for your help

Nirmal Ramjee

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:13 pm

1. No, the cooling off period does not apply to PBS dependents applying for Tier 2 General.

2. Yes, once she returns to the UK, you can apply within the UK to switch to PBS dependent.

3. Cannot work as a doctor or dentist in training. Other than that, any other work is permitted.

4. Tier 2 ICT DOES NOT lead to ILR since April 2010 anyway so this time would never be counted (unless applying for ILR based on 10 years long residence). Applying for Tier 2 G and dependent will be a new 5 year route to ILR for both of you. You and your spouse will BOTH need 5 years on Tier 2 dep & Tier 2 G respectively, before you will qualify for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nirmie
Newly Registered

Post by Nirmie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:42 pm

Thanks for your prompt response CR001. It is much appreciated.

Nirmie
Newly Registered

Post by Nirmie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:04 pm

Apologies, one other question. Can she change her visa even thou her current T2 ICT dependent is valid?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:04 pm

Yes but she has to apply from her home country. Once her Tier 2 General is approved, her Tier 2 ICT dependent will be cancelled.

Don't forget that she (and you when you switch) have to pay the immigration health surcharge (£200 per year payable upfront for the duration of your visas). This is in addition to the visa application fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nirmie
Newly Registered

Post by Nirmie » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:01 am

Hi

My wife has been granted her CoS for Tier 2 General Visa and she is off homebound to apply for he visa. I have a question on the following point. The agent has suggested she get a TB test done, but the website has the following information

Who doesn’t need to be tested
You won’t need a TB test if any of the following apply:
  • you’re a diplomat accredited to the UK
    you’re a returning UK resident and haven’t been away for more than 2 years
    you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months
Does she still need to get a TB test done? Bearing in mind that she has been living in the UK with me since August 2014 and not been out of the country for more than 2 weeks.

Thanks for your help

Nirmal